English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Requests > request.Old Rare Games

Old 05 July 2002, 22:42   #121
Twistin'Ghost
Give up the ghost

Quote:
Originally posted by fiath
Is the list at the beginning accurate? A lot of those requests seem to have been filled.

Also, this is the "Master" Cody & Twistin list combined right?
The list at the beginning of this thread is the combination of my MIA with Cody's and several other MIA lists which I checked over and merged the titles that I believe exist. Every one that has been filled has been moved to its own message listing that it has been found and crediting the uploader, so it is current. Some may seem filled, but quite a few turn out to be wrong (Global Domination has been uploaded in the place of Global Conflict for years now because it appears on some CD under the wrong name, for example.)
Quote:
Reason I ask is that I have access to a load of those, but I don't want to plow through them all only to find some have already been submitted!

Finally, there seem to be a ton of protected coverdisks - are they not listed because they were cracked? I have dumped a load of protected coverdisks - and so have some other people - including the R-Type II demo, Armour Geddon demo, etc.
By all means plow...the list is current and updated daily and current at this writing with everything uploaded. And I would really appreciate a full list of those protected coverdisks. I had a list at one time of the coverdisks I own that are protected, but don't know what happened to it, so I had to add that part from memory.

Quote:
Originally posted by CodyJarrett
I haven't updated this MIA list as much as I should have, so it's probably best to consult Twistin's Master list now. I'm going to make sure that all my MIAs are in his, then I can close this thread.
I think you posted this in the wrong thread, since this is the Twistin' MIA! Just don't close this thread!
Old 05 July 2002, 22:51   #122
Twistin'Ghost
Give up the ghost

Re: World Cup Football Manager

Quote:
Originally posted by Shadowen
Cricket Amiga was a 2 disk game released by Pactronics in 1990 and written in Amos. AFAIK this game was not released by the likes of Soundware or Nightowl Software under a different name. Just don't quote me on that last bit, though ;-)
Hmmm. Anybody seen the second disk, then?

Quote:
Originally posted by Shadowen
@Twistin'
Assuming it's the same game (and I think it is), World Cup Football Manager was released by Addictive/Prism as "Football Manager World Cup Edition" in Europe.
OK, this one I first copied from Cody's list and I assume he got this from Amiga Power. Still, after researching it on my own, I found that Addictive were also behind the game, so I added that in, as well. Just looked in my TOSEC files and found:

Football Manager (1990)(Prism Leisure)
Football Manager - World Cup Edition (1990)(Addictive)

Hmmm. Seems to match up, for sure. I think one or the other is a match. Any objections out there?
Old 05 July 2002, 23:04   #123
andreas
Zone Friend

Send a message via ICQ to andreas Send a message via AIM to andreas
Othello Killer vs Othello Master

[had to move this bit because it simply went down the drain with this glut of answers...]

I upped the QUARTEX crack of Othello Killer (not Master) for you. Already in TOSEC, but I believe that "Othello Master" is the same type of hack as is the so-called "Buck Rogers" we identified as Mission Andromeda.

"Othello Master":
- has no title screen
- LOAD and SAVE do NOT work unlike in the OthelloKiller version I uploaded

My assertion: the version from the 2-game compilation was forced by hackers to jump behind the address where the manual check takes place.
The version I upped hasn't only full intro, there's also a manual check. If you're an unskilled hacker, and thus lacking the knowledge of how to hack the manual check routine itself (unlike QUARTEX who DID know how to hack it properly), you MUST make the game jump behind the title screen code to skip the manual check.
Got it?

You may test it yourself if you have any doubts.
Old 05 July 2002, 23:16   #124
DrBong
HOL / AMR Team Member

Info. re: Deluxe Strip Poker games

@Twistin'
Ok, after a little detective work, here is the situation as I see it with the Deluxe Strip Poker games.......

Artworx was a US company that released their strip poker games to the US market using the series title, "Strip Poker". I have an Artworx catalogue detailing all the poker games they released along with the opponent disks. Interestingly, they also advertised a game called "Strip Poker Professional" for Amiga, IBM and Mac. Have you or anyone else heard of that release?

Artworx's European distributor was CDS, who probably decided to distinguish the series by using the title, "Deluxe Strip Poker". The reason for this is that Anco had already pinched the "Strip Poker" title for at least 3 games that they released in Europe between 1986 and 1988 (i.e. Strip Poker, Strip PokerII, Strip Poker II+). Artworx's first Strip Poker release was after this in 1988, according to a crack I have.

I can offer more concrete proof for this information in the form of original disks from CDS. They are labelled "Deluxe Strip Poker II", but actually have the Artworx game, "Strip Poker 3" on them. Also, the Artworx catalogue I have advertised a CDS game called Centerfold Squares, all but confirming the link I suggested between the two companies.

So what do you think of all that?! :-)
Old 05 July 2002, 23:42   #125
DrBong
HOL / AMR Team Member

@Twistin'
PGA Golf Tournament Course disk is in the Zone.
Old 06 July 2002, 10:13   #126
Warlock99
Webmaster of AmigaRarities

Uploads

Lot's of uploads for ya twistin. The Ultimate quiz data disks are actually for Ultimate quiz 2, but i do have one's for first one too which i'll dig out.
Old 06 July 2002, 10:15   #127
Warlock99

teenagent disk 6

Seems to be an fms image, can someone convert it for me to a dms or adf.
Old 06 July 2002, 11:04   #128
Twistin'Ghost
Give up the ghost

@Andreas
Yer right...it got swallowed up in the ensuing madness. I was so busy working up the tomcat uploads and then the NGTC (an episode all its own, believe me!) and I'd not yet reached the Othello issue. And yes, I got sidetracked by yet another viewing of "Five Easy Pieces". It's the next one cued up on my Amiga turntable, though!

@Shadowen
-Lots of useful info in your last several posts, btw!
-I guess maybe I just assumed the Anco Strip Pokers to be the same as the US Artworx games. Looking now at my TOSEC Strip Poker files it seems even more confusing with the publisher fields indicating names like Porky's Productions, Chris Barret, as well as the Artworx listings. I guess I'll just have to boot them up and try to suss it all out that way to really know what I have and don't have. Yes, it's a finely tangled web of confusion (especially when II and 3 are the same!) My work is cut out for me! Can you match up your Deluxe's with the Artworx's games (assuming you have them all, natch!)
-Are MadTV and Locomotion copy-protected? I was almost ready to grab the PC English version of MadTV and attempt a conversion!
-Oh, and thanks for the PGA Tournament Disk!

@Warlock99
Dude, I'm breathless! You never cease to amaze me with your resources! I have much work to do now (but loving it!) As for the FMS image...damn, I haven't seen an FMS file since...erm, well since the last time I saw a lhwarp file! (for you REAL old-schoolers) I believe DMS handles FMS files, but I'll make sure of it and convert the file one way or another for you.
Old 06 July 2002, 11:32   #129
Twistin'Ghost
Give up the ghost

OthelloMaster/OthelloKiller
OK, I feel that these are two unique games (albeit, blood relatives). With that perspective in mind, here is what it appears to me. The datestamp on the executable that loads OthelloMaster is 1987 and it credits AmiLink. No doubt bedroom coding team shopping their game, maybe under this auspice or maybe they released it themselves or sold it from magazine ads. Hard to tell. Decent affair. Apparently they were able to sell it to UbiSoft, who released it in 1989 (the datestamp on the OthelloKiller executable) with a new name, some cosmetic changes (their logo replacing AmiLink, an About menu option, some groovy music, etc.), and manual lookup. I honestly do not believe this to be a Buck Rogers style hacking, however. And no, it's not the King Soft version of Othello (the King Soft games I have seen were done in AmigaBasic, I believe).

Does this sound correct or reasonably close?
Old 06 July 2002, 13:14   #130
Twistin'Ghost
Give up the ghost

Liga Polska Manager '96

OK, I went through this one as far as I could (sans any clue about understanding Polish!) and it has me wondering if this is an update of an original Liga Polska (as seen on the screenshot on page one of this thread). I booted this game so I could go ahead and strike it from the list and remove the screenshots, but I don't recall seeing that title screen (this one has a pinkish background). And since the copyright message lists the game as 1995 and the other references (and cracktro) are 1996, I must assume there is still an original version of the game! Who'da figured? Either way, I didn't have either, so if I was aware of this '96 version, it would have been on my MIA, as well! Anybody have more explicit confirmations about my hypothesis?
Old 06 July 2002, 13:51   #131
Twistin'Ghost
Give up the ghost

Quote:
Originally posted by ptrchiappe
I have numbers 6-7-9-10 for the PC , which i bought as a pack at a flea market because i thought they were all Amiga games like the first of the pack (one of the Diabolik titles).
You wouldn't by any chance have a scanner, would you?
Old 06 July 2002, 15:00   #132
Amiga1992

Hey Twist,

If this is your definitive MIA listing, you think we can close and unstick the other one? So people just post in this one from now on!
Old 06 July 2002, 17:01   #133
Twistin'Ghost
Give up the ghost

Done. I intended to do just that when I first posted this one, but somehow I forgot. Guess I got caught up in all the activity, but it's done. Thanks for catching that, dude.
Old 06 July 2002, 23:03   #134
andreas
Zone Friend

Quote:
Originally posted by Warlock99
Seems to be an fms image, can someone convert it for me to a dms or adf.
Done - Disk 6 ADF is in the zone.
Just use (Amiga) DMS from inside the Workbench and you can unpack it.
[EDIT] This is an AGA game.
According to the disk structure, it's supposed to work on HD as well as directly from disks.
Anyway, I had to muck with the settings a LOT until the game eventually started, after a while it worked from a HDF as well. Config attached.

[EDIT2] Fantasy Manager looks broken to me. Disk 1 always gurus accessing Track 36.
Attached Files
File Type: uae teenagentaga.uae (2.3 KB, 283 views)

Last edited by andreas; 06 July 2002 at 23:08.
Old 06 July 2002, 23:33   #135
Twistin'Ghost
Give up the ghost

Quote:
Originally posted by andreas
Done - Disk 6 ADF is in the zone.
Just use (Amiga) DMS from inside the Workbench and you can unpack it.
[EDIT] This is an AGA game.
According to the disk structure, it's supposed to work on HD as well as directly from disks.
Anyway, I had to muck with the settings a LOT until the game eventually started, after a while it worked from a HDF as well.
OK, it is my understanding that this game was published for ECS, AGA & CD32. So it appears that we have the AGA version, yes? Well, we have the Polish AGA version. It is also my understanding that English and German versions of this game also exist. Which would make for a lot of versions MIA. (sigh) I wonder how many of those versions can actually be found? I thought the PC version of the game was considered to be freeware now. Is this official? Any Teenagent experts amongst y'all?
Old 06 July 2002, 23:48   #136
andreas
Zone Friend

Let's leave this one for now.
Lasermania 2 is in the zone again, with a "restored" startup-sequence and a proper AmigaDOS bootblock.

But it doesn't get into the game - it pauses at track 15. That's an issue for Toni, perhaps.
Old 07 July 2002, 08:38   #137
Warlock99

Teenagent

I remember seeing this copy of teenagent for the amiga shortly before games ceased up for the amiga. I've never seen an english version though and I get the distinct impression that it's some sort of hack from maybe a sierra game, but i could be wrong or maybe it was from some sort of games creator program. Just guesses really.
Old 07 July 2002, 09:58   #138
Twistin'Ghost
Give up the ghost

I'm pretty certain it's a real game. Probably every German and Polish Amiga magazine reviewed the game, plus there is a PC version. An interesting title, for sure (and a fairly new one on me!)

I've spent a good part of the evening updating the MIA with yet more titles. Hard to find the time to do this, but I should find a stopping point in the next several hours and then you "fill enthusiasts" can take another look. This is a listing I have planned on making for years now, so I am trying to keep it as complete as possible. And again I would like to thank all who have so graciously contributed to this project. And if anyone else has any titles they think should be on the list, please post your suggestions. It can then be added to the list, scrutinized, or one of can upload the game if it turns out to not be MIA. As I look over my files when checking to see if I have these new titles I am adding, I am running across in my collection games that I didn't even know I had! Or games that I had in a holding dir until I could determine if it is commercial or PD (always a pleasant surprise when they turn out to be commercial!)
Old 07 July 2002, 10:01   #139
Twistin'Ghost
Give up the ghost

Quote:
Originally posted by andreas
Let's leave this one for now.
Lasermania 2 is in the zone again, with a "restored" startup-sequence and a proper AmigaDOS bootblock.

But it doesn't get into the game - it pauses at track 15. That's an issue for Toni, perhaps.
I had the exact same problem. In WinFellow, I hung on track 49. Can somebody give this a spin on a real Amiga maybe?
Old 07 July 2002, 11:47   #140
andreas
Zone Friend

Arrow

WinFellow doesn't have a track display - how can you guess it's track 49?