English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.Hardware

Old 01 April 2008, 00:07   #121
girv
Mostly Harmless

OK I think I need a new Amiga -> SCART cable. Mine goes:
  • Amiga pins 3,4,5 -> SCART 15,11,7 (R,G,B)
  • Amiga 10 (Composite Sync) -> SCART 16 (Blanking Input) and 20 (Sync) via a couple of diodes.
  • Amiga 16 (R GND) -> SCART 17 (Sync Ground)
  • Amiga 22 (+12v) -> SCART 8 (Switch)

I'm not sure what half those connections do, but it doesn't look anything like the wiring diagram here.
Old 01 April 2008, 01:36   #122
pbareges

Quote:
Originally Posted by girv View Post
OK I think I need a new Amiga -> SCART cable. Mine goes:
  • Amiga pins 3,4,5 -> SCART 15,11,7 (R,G,B)
  • Amiga 10 (Composite Sync) -> SCART 16 (Blanking Input) and 20 (Sync) via a couple of diodes.
  • Amiga 16 (R GND) -> SCART 17 (Sync Ground)
  • Amiga 22 (+12v) -> SCART 8 (Switch)
I'm not sure what half those connections do, but it doesn't look anything like the wiring diagram here.
it's really not that bad as all grounds are connected together (16->17 is enough for all grounds)....the main trouble you have is the connection of composite sync to blanking...you should keep amiga 10 connected to scart 20 for sure but try to just disconnect amiga 10 from scart 16 first..if it does not work it means you have to set the scart blanking input for your samsung to display the signal...you have to adjust amiga 22 power pin (12v) to scart blanking specs (meaning you cannot connect them directly you need to connect through a 150 ohm resistor)...good luck!! and remember that playing with power can be destructive!!!
Old 01 April 2008, 01:40   #123
girv
Mostly Harmless

Thanks for the tips For easiness, I've ordered a new cable from eBay and it should be here in a couple of days. If that doesn't work I'll start with the soldering !
Old 01 April 2008, 01:59   #124
Aus1200

I wish we had SCART here, or at least someone else who is running the 225MS to see if the composite issues are just with my screen or a common fault. Can't find anyone else on the net who is having issues with this screen at all. Nor any proper magazine/website reviews of the screen.
Old 01 April 2008, 03:40   #125
mfletcher
Bawbag.

SUCCESS!

Brought my A1200 home tonight and plugged it into my Samsung SyncMaster 225MW Monitor, using a KWorld Blazing Orange TVBox 1920x1200.
http://www.tigerdirect.com/applicati...607&CatId=1427

Works really well as a scandoubler/flickerfixer... Unfortunately I was running composite to the TVBox so the picture isnt the best. That and my shoddy camerawork with an iPhone I've uploaded some sample pics to my website here:

http://www.markfletcher.org/amiga/

I'm going to keep experimenting with other programs to see how well they work, but so far Ive tested

Extreme Violence
Pong
World of Commodore 92 Demo
Naughty Ones AGA
Poliezai demo AGA.

I've only just discovered that it also accepts VGA as an input! Unfortunately AmigaKit is on holiday, so it looks like its going to be a while until I get a VGA adapter to try out the VGA input.

I'll let you know how I get on!

Mark
Old 01 April 2008, 15:28   #126
prart

Quote:
Originally Posted by girv View Post
Thanks for the tips For easiness, I've ordered a new cable from eBay and it should be here in a couple of days.
could you give us a link, please? I need it too.
Old 01 April 2008, 16:07   #127
girv
Mostly Harmless

I bought item 160221598504 from eBay UK.

This is the same cable from the same seller: click

Note that my cable hasn't arrived yet, so I haven't tested it.
Old 03 April 2008, 09:57   #128
girv
Mostly Harmless

My new SCART cable arrived yesterday. It's good quality construction with all gold connectors. Amiga native out through this cable to the Samsung SCART works well.

Quality is pretty good. Some fringing is visible but I've had to route the signal through a cheapy SCART extender cable (as my Amiga is further than usual from the monitor) so I guess it could easily be better. I was playing Apidya in full 22" glory and in PIP mode mixed with the Mediator output, and it was all good I'll post some photos when I get a chance.

Curiously, with this new SCART cable connected, the Samsung's composite input now works perfectly well with my Atari 2600 joystick game thing. I guess the SCART and composite are cross connected somehow and that other SCART cable was screwing something up for both
Old 03 April 2008, 13:30   #129
Aus1200

What's your composite quality like girv? Mine is flickery and stretched too much on the vertical hold with the A1200.

I think I asked you the same question on a.org, sorry
Old 03 April 2008, 13:58   #130
girv
Mostly Harmless

I only tried composite from the joystick game, not the Amiga. Quality wasn't great with quite a lot of fringing, but the picture was steady.
Old 09 July 2008, 21:18   #131
codenetfx

SyncMaster

Mark,

I was just looking for a reasonably priced solution to connect my Amigas to a flat screen monitor. Blazing Orange Box may just be the thing. Have you had a chance to test the VGA "mode" (with a simple VGA converter for Amiga)? Picture in your photos looks much sharper than it does on a 1084S monitor (which tends to cause a burn in my eyes after a while

Sam

Quote:
Originally Posted by mfletcher View Post
SUCCESS!

Brought my A1200 home tonight and plugged it into my Samsung SyncMaster 225MW Monitor, using a KWorld Blazing Orange TVBox 1920x1200.
http://www.tigerdirect.com/applicati...607&CatId=1427

Works really well as a scandoubler/flickerfixer... Unfortunately I was running composite to the TVBox so the picture isnt the best. That and my shoddy camerawork with an iPhone I've uploaded some sample pics to my website here:

http://www.markfletcher.org/amiga/

I'm going to keep experimenting with other programs to see how well they work, but so far Ive tested

Extreme Violence
Pong
World of Commodore 92 Demo
Naughty Ones AGA
Poliezai demo AGA.

I've only just discovered that it also accepts VGA as an input! Unfortunately AmigaKit is on holiday, so it looks like its going to be a while until I get a VGA adapter to try out the VGA input.

I'll let you know how I get on!

Mark