English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > News

Old 28 August 2023, 11:28   #121
Daedalus

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhester72 View Post
Decrypted Kickstart 3.1 still won't work thanks to one deliberately corrupted byte that WinUAE accounts for
Well that's kinda petty of them. Probably trivial to write a ROM-grabbing tool that also takes it into account. But in that case, any of the widely available to download images can be used just fine. If the licencing of the Cloanto encrypted versions allows their use anywhere, then what does it matter where the particular bytes in those images actually came from? And if the licencing doesn't allow their use anywhere, then using the decrypted images wouldn't be allowed anyway so there's no point in buying them for this purpose - a freely downloaded copy is just as (il)legitimate to use.
Old 03 September 2023, 07:38   #122
ptyerman

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhester72 View Post
Decrypted Kickstart 3.1 still won't work thanks to one deliberately corrupted byte that WinUAE accounts for
I wasn't aware of that but I did use that method some time ago so it was possibly on my Amiga-ized laptop that boots straight into Classic Workbench. It uses X-Amiga which is a Gentoo Linux and E-UAE which is old software now. I haven't used that machine for a few years so I can't remember really.
Old 05 September 2023, 18:01   #123
PiCiJi

new nightly:

- added keyfile support for encrypted kick roms (keyfile and aros extrom share the same slot. the distinction is automatic. )

- added support for Amiga EXE files. without the "exe" suffix you need to switch file filter in file dialog or simply use drag'n'drop or the Any-Loader.

- add support to select more than one file in file dialog. simply prepare DF0 - Df3 in one go, same is possible by drag'n'drop multiple files on emulator window
Old 05 September 2023, 22:56   #124
rutra80

Works like a charm, thank you!
Although there's one problem - some encrypted .rom files from Cloanto are 524299 bytes big (they begin with AMIROMTYPE1 string) and Denise rejects them as too large.
Old 06 September 2023, 22:33   #125
PiCiJi

Quote:
Originally Posted by rutra80 View Post
Although there's one problem - some encrypted .rom files from Cloanto are 524299 bytes big (they begin with AMIROMTYPE1 string) and Denise rejects them as too large.
thanks, I forgot to add the 11 byte header to the 512k limit, should be fixed in the current nightly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rutra80
Integer scaling is integer when I disable Crop border. You might reconsider order in which you do cropping & scaling so it is always integer when enabled.
I guess we're talking past each other here. Integer scaling only works in the vertical direction and is intended for scanlines without light/dark artifacts.
The "native" scaling option works in horizontal and vertical directions.
The selected crop setting doesn't matter.
Only multiples of the cropped image are generated at a time, as many as fit into the window opened by the user. The remaining part is shown in black, since intermediate stages are not 100% exact pixel ratio. You could, of course, rebuild it that way. So you take the pixel ratio of the emulated system (Amiga and C64 are different here) instead of the 4:3 aspect ratio of a CRT. In this case, it does not have to be exact multiples. But then you have a minimal error if you don't happen to open the window wide enough to create an exact multiple.

The best thing to do is to describe to me what you expect from which setting. Otherwise, it's not clear to me what exactly doesn't fit from your point of view.
Old 17 September 2023, 22:31   #126
MrDBUG

Hm it says "Amiga coming soon" on the 2.1 build I just made ?
Can't remember that from last time I compiled it !
Old 17 September 2023, 23:29   #127
rutra80

Quote:
Originally Posted by PiCiJi View Post
The best thing to do is to describe to me what you expect from which setting. Otherwise, it's not clear to me what exactly doesn't fit from your point of view.
To me an option of integer scaling means that emulated pixels are ALWAYS integer multiplies of host pixels. No matter what other options I choose, I'd expect every emulated pixel to always be 1x1, 2x2, 3x3 etc. of host pixel (and 1x2 or 2x1 etc. for hires nolace or lores laced) - maximum possible to fit host's screen/window.

P.S.: congratulations on proper emulation of things like Smooth Copper / Up Front!

Last edited by rutra80; 18 September 2023 at 13:04.
Old 20 September 2023, 00:24   #128
PiCiJi

# changelog

## 2.1
* add drag'n'drop overlay
  • files can be inserted into additional drives faster
  • files can either only be inserted or inserted and restarted
  • multi file support
* fix: Wasapi didn't work on some audio hardware
* thanks to all translators: Ben, Ulgon, Ferenc, Muzza
* [Amiga]
* greatly improved accuracy, thanks to amilo3438, vAmigaTS, CPU Tester, AW182
* ~15% speed up
* fix: Drive LED sometimes does not turn off
* display tracks more clearly
* add IPF, DMS, EXE and encrypted kick rom support
* add RTC
* add multi file support for any-loader (fill DF0-3 in one go)
* show power LED in status line
  • colors for power and drive LEDs depend on the model
  • click on power LED to select audio filter
* [C64]
* fix: multi SID UI not updated correctly from config
* fix: sometimes crashes when changing speeder
* add cartridges: Dinamic, Diashow Maker, Super Snapshot V5
* add option to intensify pseudo stereo (now also works with same SID models)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrDBUG
Hm it says "Amiga coming soon" on the 2.1 build I just made ?
Can't remember that from last time I compiled it !
do a "make install"
Old 20 September 2023, 11:00   #129
amilo3438
Amiga 500 User

A really great release! (thanks for your hard work)

EDIT:
Download Latest Version here: https://sourceforge.net/projects/deniseemu/files/

Last edited by amilo3438; 20 September 2023 at 11:19.
Old 20 September 2023, 11:09   #130
pixie

Thanks!!
Old 21 September 2023, 08:03   #131
rutra80

Quote:
Jim Power "Two Live Crew" crack modifies the blitter while it's running and disables "Skip B" and "Skip Y" same time.
When this happens and Stage X is active, the crack intro expects "probably" Stage A to be active in addition to Stage Y.
At least another "shifter bit" is necessary so that the blitter counts down faster.
When I mount its executable in Denise it doesn't boot - hand with diskette shows up as nothing is inserted.
Old 21 September 2023, 15:19   #132
PiCiJi

Quote:
To me an option of integer scaling means that emulated pixels are ALWAYS integer multiplies of host pixels. No matter what other options I choose, I'd expect every emulated pixel to always be 1x1, 2x2, 3x3 etc. of host pixel (and 1x2 or 2x1 etc. for hires nolace or lores laced) - maximum possible to fit host's screen/window.
use option "native scaling". After cropping border the remaining pixels are integer multiplied in both directions, depending on window size.

Quote:
When I mount its executable in Denise it doesn't boot - hand with diskette shows up as nothing is inserted.
can you send me the images. ok got it in other thread.
yes it doesn't load. ok there is some bug when loading this excutable.
ADF version works for me.

edit: executable will load in latest nightly

Last edited by PiCiJi; 21 September 2023 at 17:44.
Old 21 September 2023, 22:43   #133
rutra80

Quote:
use option "native scaling". After cropping border the remaining pixels are integer multiplied in both directions, depending on window size.
Native makes everything stretched horizontally in maximized window or fullscreen.
Quote:
can you send me the images. ok got it in other thread.
yes it doesn't load. ok there is some bug when loading this excutable.
ADF version works for me.

edit: executable will load in latest nightly
Yes, it works.
Old 29 September 2023, 15:40   #134
PiCiJi

Quote:
Native makes everything stretched horizontally in maximized window or fullscreen.
I think I know what you mean. Scaling factors for width and height are independent. This is not a problem in window mode, as you can pull display window up accordingly. In full screen, however, depending on the resolution and overscan set, it can cause the width to be scaled with a factor other than the height. The logic tries to fill the available space.

new nightly

for option "native"
Now the same scaling factor is used for width and height. The base width/height to which the scaling factor is applied is lores and NON-interlace, with deduction of the set overscan.
This is true even if the Amiga switches to hires and/or interlace. The aim is also to make optimal use of the available space for hires and interlace.
However, if you also want to have exact multiples with hires and interlace, the option "native" + "integer scaling" should be active. Now the scaling factor is applied to hires and interlace. (if Amiga switches to hires and/or lace, otherwise it behaves like described above -> lores + non lace )
Old 01 October 2023, 12:37   #135
rutra80

You're a gem, thank you
Old 31 October 2023, 23:15   #136
zodiac

This Amiga emulator is wonderful! With a few options, I have a full screen, with crt shader, that looks almost like my 1084. I never did manage this with WinUAE as its filter is so complex.

Thank you! Hope you continue development to include AGA and hard disks!
Old 05 November 2023, 11:50   #137
hexaae
Bug hunter

PERFECT SMOOTHNESS

Guide for perfect smoothness with G-Sync, Denise C64 mode:

Driver: Direct3D
Driver properties: exclusive Fullscreen, Threaded Renderer: enabled
Generic tab: DISABLE Threaded emulation

Side-scrolling games (Uridium, Great Giana Sister, Samurai Warrior - The Battles of Usagi Yojimbo etc.) will run silky smooth with G-Sync on in fullscreen.
Old 05 November 2023, 22:10   #138
PiCiJi

Direct3D stands for Direct3D9. VRR (G-Sync/FreeSync) is only supported in D3D9 in exclusive full screen, not in window or normal fullscreen.

I'm currently working on a D3D 11 driver to replace openGL in Windows 11. This means that VRR is also possible in normal fullscreen and, with restrictions, also in window mode.
Unfortunately, openGL causes problems on Windows 11. Clean Vsync or VRR is no longer possible. This is a well-known problem that will certainly no longer be solved by Microsoft.
On Windows 10, openGL for VRR works very well, even in window mode.

Note: In Windows 10 and 11, the app no longer needs to request an exclusive fullscreen. If possible, the OS switches on its own.
Old 06 November 2023, 22:22   #139
hexaae
Bug hunter

Nice!
Testing DX11 nightlies and is working fine!
Old 21 November 2023, 22:21   #140
PiCiJi

new nightly
D3D11 driver is now a complete replacement for openGL.
I recommend switching to D3D11 on Windows 11, as Vsync/VRR doesn't run smoothly under Win11 openGL.
- optional Threaded Renderer
- VRR support
- openGl GLSL PAL Shader and external shaders (Trinitron/Lottes) translated to D3D HLSL Shader
- Image rotation (hotkey) in 90° steps (some c64 games are rotated, don't know if this is also useful for Amiga)
- Drag'n'Drop overlay
- screen messages
- exclusive fullscreen (FSE), borderless window (FSB), uses the new Flip Model (FSO) -> under Win 10/11 FSE should no longer have any added value