English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Coders > Coders. Asm / Hardware

Old 13 December 2021, 10:11   #121
meynaf
son of 68k

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeamCoder View Post
Does it also work on PC?
There is a version for Windows (using DX11), but it is incomplete and not currently useful for real work (it can only run a handful test programs).
So you would have to use Amiga version, i.e. use Winuae -- running an emulator on top of another
(Or wait until the PC version is complete, hoping it will happen soon or just happen at all.)

Quote:
If so, any chance we could have the source code or at least use it? I am interested to program on it.
That's very possible but it's work in progress and might change unexpectedly. As long as it's not released in the wild i don't need to care about compatibility issues...
But if you're asking for the source code then perhaps you are able to help ? Currently cpu emulation is the smallest part of the problem ; it's more about graphics, audio, and real time stuff. Windows sucks

Anyhow, we can already have a closer look. But please, by PM. It's private work for now.
Actually, anyone who wants to code on an ISA that is superior to the 68k can PM me so we will see what we can do

Quote:
About your VM:

Currently, I am interested on fantasy consoles: programs which simulate classic consoles/computers and provides tools to make games for it. The problem I have with those is they use scripting languages to program instead of assembly. Only a few actually tries to be similar to classic machines, like this one http://www.vircon32.com/index.html.
Wanna make games, huh ?

Quote:
And so, I'm throwing out the idea to extend your VM to a fantasy console and maybe some people would be interested to program in your ISA. Or if you don't want to, maybe I could have the source code of your VM to create a fantasy console as it would be an interesting project for me.
You don't need to extend my VM to use it as a fantasy console, it can be used "as is" for this purpose
The VM is not only a cpu, it is able to handle everything a game needs.