English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > News

Old 27 April 2021, 18:48   #121
utri007
mä vaan

Quote:
Originally Posted by BSzili View Post
Sure thing. You can try my Blake Stone ports from Aminet if they have sound, those also use the low level AHI interface with the Music unit. If you can attach the sw.log file it'll be a great help.
Sorry, my mistake. I thought that I updated it, but I didn't. AHI works just fine with up to date version of sw.

I have a Zorro II graphics card, so I can't choose any AGA modes? They would be faster. Would you have hint, how to get it to AGA screen?
Old 27 April 2021, 19:02   #122
rabidgerry

Quote:
Not sure where you read that, saving works fine here. If there's any more info beyond "it doesn't work", I'll try to figure out what's the problem.
To print the framerate press [T] type "swloc" and Enter.
I could have dreamt that about the saving thing. I'll try later when I'm making a quick video, I just wanted to check first before I started crying about "hey the save game feature doesn't work". So now I know that's supposed to work I can check and see if I get that error again.
Old 27 April 2021, 19:23   #123
BSzili
old chunk of coal

Quote:
Originally Posted by utri007 View Post
Sorry, my mistake. I thought that I updated it, but I didn't. AHI works just fine with up to date version of sw.

I have a Zorro II graphics card, so I can't choose any AGA modes? They would be faster. Would you have hint, how to get it to AGA screen?
That's good to hear, I was starting to get worried. You can force any screen mode via the tooltypes described here:
http://eab.abime.net/showpost.php?p=...4&postcount=40
Check the icons for examples for PAL.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rabidgerry View Post
I could have dreamt that about the saving thing. I'll try later when I'm making a quick video, I just wanted to check first before I started crying about "hey the save game feature doesn't work". So now I know that's supposed to work I can check and see if I get that error again.
Sure thing! A video is probably the best, because I can see exactly how to reproduce the problem.
Old 29 April 2021, 14:08   #124
Ponki1986

Welcome. I started your port on AmigaOS 3.9 on WinUAE. Works properly. Unfortunately there is a slight problem with the music. I had to convert the tracks from WAV to OGG because the music settings menu was not active in the game. Of course, after the first run, I edited the configuration file according to your instructions and set the sound to AHI. When the game starts, your character says the sentence, but you don't hear the music afterwards. Is it correct? I am asking because I have never played this game before.
Old 29 April 2021, 18:06   #125
BSzili
old chunk of coal

Only PCM WAV music is supported in the Amiga version, as decoding Ogg Vorbis in real time would be too CPU intensive for these old machines. Which version of Shadow Warrior are you using? Could you attach your sw.cfg and sw.log?
Old 29 April 2021, 18:45   #126
Ponki1986

I used the shareware version which I downloaded from here

https://www.jonof.id.au/files/jfsw/swsw12.zip

Unfortunately, now I can't put a LOG or CFG file until tomorrow. You write that WAV files should work, but for me only after converting them to OGG, the music options became active in the menu. Apart from that, everything works great, both in full screen and in a window. Unfortunately, I don't know how to set the forward and backward mouse movement to act as looking up and down. Currently, during such actions, the controlled character moves forward or backward.
Old 29 April 2021, 19:00   #127
BSzili
old chunk of coal

I see what the problem is. The shareware version only has MIDI music, so the game won't recognize the CD audio tracks. If you get the Registered version (it's free on GOG and Steam), you'll be able to use the WAV music.
For more information about the mouse controls, please check this post:
http://eab.abime.net/showpost.php?p=...4&postcount=40
Old 30 April 2021, 08:32   #128
Ponki1986

Quote:
The shareware version only has MIDI music, so the game won't recognize the CD audio tracks.
I used the full version of the game and now everything works great. Congratulations on your great job. Greetings.
Old 30 April 2021, 16:31   #129
BSzili
old chunk of coal

I'm glad that fixed the problem. Sorry, I forgot to test the shareware version properly, since the full game is free. I'll add a note about the shareware music to the readme file.
Old 02 May 2021, 08:11   #130
Apacher

How to make a visible area in the game? there is a very big fisheye !!! From this and less FPS! You can write a command to a quake in the console, is there a similar command? I did not find it.
Old 02 May 2021, 08:35   #131
BSzili
old chunk of coal

By default you can change the screen size with the + and - keys.
Old 02 May 2021, 08:40   #132
Apacher

That's not what I meant. Fisheye mode how to reduce? not screen size.
Old 02 May 2021, 08:46   #133
BSzili
old chunk of coal

Sorry I don't quite understand what you mean. What is the name of that Quake console command you mentioned?
Old 02 May 2021, 08:57   #134
Apacher

cg_fov
[ Show youtube player ]
Old 02 May 2021, 09:16   #135
BSzili
old chunk of coal

Ah, I get it now! I should have guessed from the fisheye part. Unfortunately there's no way to change the field of view in Shadow Warrior, it uses Build's default 90 degrees value.
Old 02 May 2021, 09:56   #136
Apacher

I found how to change it on the Internet, but there is no such parameter in the SW.cfg file.
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfil.../?id=802191893
Old 02 May 2021, 09:58   #137
BSzili
old chunk of coal

Yes, this is for Shadow Warrior Classic Redux, JFSW has no code to change the FOV.
Old 02 May 2021, 10:13   #138
Apacher

Damn ... The game has a console, I'm sure there is a command that we don't know about. I tried many options in the console, nothing worked. 90 degrees is a lot !!! you can narrow it down to 60 degrees, add a couple of fps!
Old 02 May 2021, 10:25   #139
BSzili
old chunk of coal

90 FOV was the standard for FPS games on the PC with some exceptions, like the Descent series. Anyway, the game code in JFSW doesn't call the setaspect anywhere, but don't take my word for it, the source code is public.
Old 03 May 2021, 20:22   #140
pipper

How do you actually build it for Amiga?
It seems either an Amiga specific makefile is missing or some changes to the makefile(s) are not there.
I tried
Code:
make PLATFORM=AMIGA
but don't actually get very far.
This is attempting to cross-compile it on Linux for Bebbo's GCC.