English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.FS-UAE

Old 11 May 2019, 23:13   #1301
Clark Kent

The exits in Nebulus 2 are visible if you use the ClassicWB config with Amiga 1200 with 68020 - then it works. with the standard Amiga 4000 the exits are invisible. Just found this out

The thing with the mouse button is weird but reproducible. After starting ClassicWB a press on the left mouse button in Workbench results in locking the cursor. But when entering the FS UAE settings with F12, selecting Mouse and then exit the menu again - the mouse button works perfectly again. But this has to be done every time. Was not the case with 2.9.7.
Old 14 May 2019, 12:56   #1302
Goingdown

Just realized that source code downloads are not working for development version, I just get message "It seems we can’t find what you’re looking for. Perhaps searching, or one of the links below, can help."

https://fs-uae.net/download-devel#source

I am usually compiling GIT version for Fedora by myself, and I have noticed that Arcade git repository is empty. However, I then found out that arcade can be launched using Launcher by just running "fs-uae-launcher --fs-uae-arcade". Question is - should we just provide fs-uae-launcher package, and then create just .desktop file for Arcade? Or am I missing something here?
Old 18 May 2019, 01:10   #1303
FrodeSolheim
FS-UAE Developer

Yes, the launcher and arcade really share the same repo. I created the arcade repo on github mainly to be able to register issues for it there.

Proper source code downloads will be fixed for the next release.

As for how to package; yes, you can do it that way. The tarballs for the launcher and arcade is created from the same repo, and are quite similar. The arcade tarball also includes the arcade python package. It would more space-efficient to let the arcade RPM depend on the launcher RPM if you wish to package it that way.
Old 25 May 2019, 16:02   #1304
FrodeSolheim
FS-UAE Developer

A new development version has been released. Changes in FS-UAE 2.9.9dev:
  • Added 8BitDo controller configurations, updated dualshock 3 for Linux.
  • Fixed mouse integration.
  • Fixed support for multiple mice (was accidentally disabled).
  • More deterministic creation of fs-uae.dat [bmwiedemann].
  • HAM6 on AGA fix [sonnenscheinchen].
  • Imported updated translations from crowdin.com.
Changes in FS-UAE Launcher 2.9.9dev:
  • Support hd_requirements = xpkmaster.library.
  • Use https:// for more fs-uae.net and openretro.org communication.
  • Only preselect the favorite variant if the files are found.
  • Added 8BitDo controller configurations, updated dualshock 3 for Linux.
  • Index uncompressed content of .gz/.adz/.roz files.
  • Ignore .lha files when lhafile extension is not present.
  • Imported updated translations from crowdin.com.
Old 25 May 2019, 18:02   #1305
Nova

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrodeSolheim View Post
A new development version has been released.[/LIST]
great news, does gzip support also go for .tar.gz files?

a quick question - appimages are getting more and more popular under linux, what do you think about a fs-uae version of this kind?
Old 25 May 2019, 21:32   #1306
FrodeSolheim
FS-UAE Developer

A couple of notes:
- It seems that the fix for multiple mice does not work in Windows. Will investigate
- I switched some server API calls over til HTTPS, unfortunately, the macOS version of FS-UAE Launcher has problems accepting the certificate. Will investigate, there will probably be a new release/fix tomorrow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nova View Post
great news, does gzip support also go for .tar.gz files?
No (on a side note, tar files do not allow for "random access", and isn't ideal for bundling up many files in an archive, when the purpose is to extract single/few files on demand. Support for it would probably be quite straightforward to implement with the tarfile module in python, but I haven't seen much interest in it).

Quote:
a quick question - appimages are getting more and more popular under linux, what do you think about a fs-uae version of this kind?
I'm not against it, I think I actually created an AppImage a couple of years ago (to test it). But I haven't got any plans to use it for official releases at this point. (The current releases have most of the features of AppImages, except not being a single executable file, of course).
Old 25 May 2019, 22:28   #1307
Nova

Quote:
I'm not against it, I think I actually created an AppImage a couple of years ago (to test it).
sure, no need to rush things.

appimages are an interresting format, i believe and they offer quite a range of advantages (no installation, single file, desktop-agnostic).

only recently i found out that you can accomplish full portability by creating a folder name-of-appimage.config alongside the tool itself (housing all relevant extra data), which is pretty neat.
Old 26 May 2019, 09:33   #1308
Clark Kent

Can you please compile it for 10.9.5 again? The posted version does not start...
Old 26 May 2019, 10:49   #1309
Jason H

Has something changed with Arcade.app for the Mac?

I've found that when quiting a game (from FS-UAE.app), the screen does not focus back to the Arcade.app, so I have to manually select it from the dock again.

The last working version for me was 2.9.7. Thanks.
Old 26 May 2019, 12:21   #1310
Nova

@frode: action replay reset-logo for v3.17 does not show up (anymore?) for the latest 2 linux devel-versions. i have not tested with prior versions.
Old 26 May 2019, 14:45   #1311
FrodeSolheim
FS-UAE Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clark Kent View Post
Can you please compile it for 10.9.5 again? The posted version does not start...
Please try this version: http://fs-uae.net/devel/2.9.9dev2/ (should also fix the https connection issues).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason H View Post
Has something changed with Arcade.app for the Mac? I've found that when quiting a game (from FS-UAE.app), the screen does not focus back to the Arcade.app, so I have to manually select it from the dock again. The last working version for me was 2.9.7. Thanks.
What macOS version do you have? It works for me on 10.14. If you have changed fullscreen mode for FS-UAE in some way, that could also influence the behavior. Maybe you should post the log files!

Quote:
@frode: action replay reset-logo for v3.17 does not show up (anymore?) for the latest 2 linux devel-versions. i have not tested with prior versions.
I don't know if it should show or not. Maybe suitable for a separate thread? Please test with other FS-UAE and/or WinUAE versions, or real machines. I'll look into it if I get some clear indications that there is an FS-UAE bug...
Old 26 May 2019, 14:58   #1312
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

Action Replay 2 and 3 boot screen does not appear at power up reset (some old emulation versions set incorrect AR mode flags that caused it to appear), it only appears after every keyboard reset.
Old 26 May 2019, 15:42   #1313
Clark Kent

Thank you - works with 10.9.5 again. Mouse problem also solved.
Old 26 May 2019, 16:35   #1314
Jason H

@Frode: I'm running Mac 10.13.6. Aracde.app v2.9.9

Just tested by running Arcade.app from a window rather than full screen and it's ok, so just full-screen mode effected for me (so not the end of the world really!) - and I can always use version 2.9.7 as this one work just fine for me.

I've attached my arcade log file in case you want to take a look. Cheers.
Attached Files
File Type: txt fs-uae-arcade.log.txt (23.7 KB, 132 views)
Old 26 May 2019, 17:26   #1315
Nova

Quote:
Please try this version: [url]I don't know if it should show or not. Maybe suitable for a separate thread? Please test with other FS-UAE and/or WinUAE versions, or real machines. I'll look into it if I get some clear indications that there is an FS-UAE bug...
not much time right now - i did a quick test with winuae64 4.2.1 and mkIII 3.17. reset-logo is visible during resets, on fs-uae it is neither displayed at power-up nor at resets (2.9.9dev linux).
Old 26 May 2019, 19:08   #1316
FrodeSolheim
FS-UAE Developer

Quote:
I've attached my arcade log file in case you want to take a look. Cheers.
I see the setting fullscreen_mode = window in the log file. Please try to change this to the default value (fullscreen desktop) (Launcher -> Settings -> Advanced Video)
Old 26 May 2019, 21:41   #1317
escalade

Thanks for the update Frode, great to see more development on the best Amiga emulator by far

Think I asked for this previously and you weren't interested, but please consider looking at adding libretro support. Someone already made a rudimentary port (works but isn't very polished and dev seems inactive). The added benefits of a proper libretro port are obvious and probably isn't a lot of work for an excellent developer as yourself. There's interest in setting up a bounty for this, I would definitely contribute.
Old 26 May 2019, 21:44   #1318
Jason H

Hooooo

@Frode. Tested with Fullscreen Desktop mode as requested. Now the FS-UAE.app screen is totally blank for me..

Also, tested with just Fullscreen Mode, and it now works as expected, but FS-UAE launches on my first monitor, not my second as I have set it to. This may be how a Mac handles dual monitors(?)

However, in both instances; 'Fullscreen' and 'Fullscreen Desktop mode', when I exit from FS-UAE it does at least retain focus back to Arcade.app.

Cheers.
Old 27 May 2019, 20:24   #1319
FrodeSolheim
FS-UAE Developer

A new development version has been released. Changes in FS-UAE Launcher 2.9.10dev:
  • Support WHDLoad versions 18.4 and 18.5 (game database).
  • Revert fullscreen_mode to default when upgrading from older versions.
  • Hide the fullscreen mode button from quick settings panel.
  • Fix OpenRetro.org login, rebranded oagd.net to openretro.org.
  • Use requests library for all http(s) communication, fixes macOS cert issue.
Old 27 May 2019, 22:14   #1320
FrodeSolheim
FS-UAE Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by escalade View Post
Think I asked for this previously and you weren't interested, but please consider looking at adding libretro support. [...] and probably isn't a lot of work for an excellent developer as yourself.
It probably isn't that difficult, true, but one should not underestimate the amount of work to get it working nicely in all kinds of use cases. So, I'm still not interested (or rather, it's a matter of priority. I really don't have time).

Quote:
@Frode. Tested with Fullscreen Desktop mode as requested. Now the FS-UAE.app screen is totally blank for me.. Also, tested with just Fullscreen Mode, and it now works as expected, but FS-UAE launches on my first monitor, not my second as I have set it to.
I'll try to get a dual monitor setup for macOS and see if I can reproduce...