English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.Games

Old 01 February 2005, 20:53   #101
andreas
Zone Friend

Send a message via ICQ to andreas Send a message via AIM to andreas
OK, another one for the list:

Reisende im Wind, German version of Les Passagers du Vent, rare crack by Warriors of Darkness. (-> zone)

You MUST HAVE SEEN THIS!

A biiig annotation if you boot from Disk 1: Boot first Disk 2 !!,
You do boot from Disk 2 ... and you get the information that the crack intro hasn't fit on the disk anymore!
YES, THAT IS WHY you have to boot from disk 2 - to see their intro!
(Ah yes: this intro only works on KS 1.2!)

On one day, you say "That beats it!", but on the next day, you just feel to say it again.

Disk 2 was not 100%: I edited the disk and fixed the corrupt blocks in 'mortsm.btm' from the non-corrupt TOSEC version.

Last edited by andreas; 01 February 2005 at 21:00.
Old 01 February 2005, 21:43   #102
oldpx

I can't speak in technical aspects of a bad crack but the worst experience had with a crack was with the dark queen of krynn*. Play until the minotaur city, practically halfway through the game and tada! copy protection! And the title said "Cracked 100% by Skid Row!"

*=Funny, maybe it was Pools of Darkness and not Dark Queen of Krynn, I failed to finish both at the same time you see Both are still on my -finish before you die- list anyway.

Old 01 February 2005, 23:43   #103
Codetapper
2 contact me: email only!

That is exactly why it's pointless to ever go around saying a crack is 100%. Unless you're the programmer you can't be 100% sure and you end up looking foolish releasing a fix for a 100% version!
Old 18 April 2006, 18:27   #104
scifi
Resurrected...

Arrow Silkworm was a pain in the ass!

I remember that Silkworm was pretty hard to copy!
You had to use a certain copy tool (X-Copy or something like that...) and the copy should be made on a new, unwritten, and preferably of good quality floppy disk...
I remember that I've used a Sony brand new floppy disk, not re-written (made in Japan not a no-name floppy) in order to make a copy.
Old 18 April 2006, 20:01   #105
dirkies
Zone Friend

I mentioned it before, LORDS OF THE RISING SUN was only cracked by Quartex, and although they removed the Rob Northen protection, the game was impossible to play in Arcade mode (you'd die immediately by a ninja attack which was impossible to escape of!) In strategy mode it would mention immediately at start a ninja tried to kill you but he failed.

I had the original too (until disk1 died ) , and this one worked fine, no ninja in arcade mode to kill you within 30s of gameplay! If you tried to copy it (ignoring the bad T0 with a copier), it would guru before you could even begin.

No-one ever cracked it again, and the version downloadable on Cinemaware is the Quartex one I believe, since it does NOT work properly either, you get killed instantly aswell! So I still cannot play it after all these years
Old 18 April 2006, 20:02   #106
IFW

Get the ipf disk image or play the whdload install.
Both will work properly.
Old 18 April 2006, 20:30   #107
Enverex
Fantasy Man!

Quote:
Originally Posted by scifi
I remember that Silkworm was pretty hard to copy!
You had to use a certain copy tool (X-Copy or something like that...) and the copy should be made on a new, unwritten, and preferably of good quality floppy disk...
I remember that I've used a Sony brand new floppy disk, not re-written (made in Japan not a no-name floppy) in order to make a copy.
... and what self respecting Amigan.. Amigiian? Amiga using person didn't own a copy of AT LEAST one version of X-Copy?
Old 18 April 2006, 20:32   #108
DDNI
Targ Explorer

Send a message via ICQ to DDNI Send a message via MSN to DDNI
Quote:
Originally Posted by Djay
i remember the first cracked editions of GODS not being cracked properly... and its not easy to tell....

i played the cracked edition and thought it was bastard hard, i then found a cheap original version and the original was way easier...

apparently, if you copy the original you get a much harder version of the game...

true / false ?
LoL it sounds like FADE that affected V1.0 of Operation Flashpoint!

Out of interest though was Magic Pockets difficulty affected by cracking?
Old 18 April 2006, 22:08   #109
jotd
This cat is no more

Quote:
Originally Posted by IFW
Get the ipf disk image or play the whdload install.
Both will work properly.
WHDLoad install is a merge between Cinemaware cracked images and LockPick patch. Protection is Herdnon AFAIR.
None of them work properly, but if you gather both cracks the game works 100% (I was rather lucky) !!

It also exists a Rob Northen protected encrypted executable version (more classical). This version is not supported by the install.
Old 19 April 2006, 07:18   #110
IFW

Indeed, but surely he would install from an ipf image/original? Or the original does not work at all in whdload?

As for protection, just checked the images: the EU version is Copylock, the US version is HLS.
Both known to work perfectly.
Old 19 April 2006, 09:13   #111
Methanoid
Retired Quartex Sysop

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirkies
No-one ever cracked it again, and the version downloadable on Cinemaware is the Quartex one I believe, since it does NOT work properly either, you get killed instantly aswell! So I still cannot play it after all these years
Sounds like a CHALLENGE for our resident crackers here at EAB
Old 19 April 2006, 10:23   #112
DrCreep

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirkies
I mentioned it before, LORDS OF THE RISING SUN was only cracked by Quartex, and although they removed the Rob Northen protection, the game was impossible to play in Arcade mode (you'd die immediately by a ninja attack which was impossible to escape of!) In strategy mode it would mention immediately at start a ninja tried to kill you but he failed.

I had the original too (until disk1 died ) , and this one worked fine, no ninja in arcade mode to kill you within 30s of gameplay! If you tried to copy it (ignoring the bad T0 with a copier), it would guru before you could even begin.

Hi !!
I got a "The Digital Force"-Crack of Lords of the Rising Sun.
Boot-Scroller-Text : "This is the only 100% Version"
I didnt test it, but if you want, tell me !!

Last edited by DrCreep; 19 April 2006 at 10:32.
Old 19 April 2006, 12:04   #113
CFou!

Lost patrol was very badly cracked (protection=>game more difficult and unplayble) It's seems alqo pang have often badly cravked (Protection=>game playable but some features not present like secondary animation)
Old 19 April 2006, 16:28   #114
Adderly
[Satan^God]

Send a message via ICQ to Adderly
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrCreep
Hi !!
I got a "The Digital Force"-Crack of Lords of the Rising Sun.
Boot-Scroller-Text : "This is the only 100% Version"
I didnt test it, but if you want, tell me !!
Yes, please upload it to the zone. It's a non Tosec version.
Old 19 April 2006, 18:46   #115
DrCreep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adderly
Yes, please upload it to the zone. It's a non Tosec version.
OK. It's in the Zone
Old 19 April 2006, 19:20   #116
Adderly
[Satan^God]

Thank you!
I just checked the version you can download from Cinemaware. The disk#1 is also not in Tosec, but i can't find any crack notes... and the Quartex crack is also missing in Tosec dats. Maybe someone can zone the Quartex crack of Lords of the Rising Sun, too?
Old 20 April 2006, 00:45   #117
demoniac

Quote:
Thank you!
I just checked the version you can download from Cinemaware. The disk#1 is also not in Tosec, but i can't find any crack notes... and the Quartex crack is also missing in Tosec dats. Maybe someone can zone the Quartex crack of Lords of the Rising Sun, too?
The non-labeled TOSEC ones should be QTX. You can see the credits I think when you die or something.
Old 20 April 2006, 02:29   #118
Adderly
[Satan^God]

Thanks demoniac, i'll check this game and post by findings at the tosec thread. First look: seems the Cinemaware download is not cracked by Quartex, but four of the Tosec versions miss the right [cr Quartex] (and [b bad crack] ) flag. Enough off topic post...

Edit: The Quartex crack is bad, so is the "100%" crack from The Digital Force. Also the download from the Cinemaware website is uncracked. We don't have a 100% cracked version right now, only the SPS versions are working. Any cracker with free time want to take care of this game???
Also, read here for more info on that game: http://eab.abime.net/showpost.php?p=...&postcount=114

Last edited by Adderly; 20 April 2006 at 05:20.
Old 20 April 2006, 09:16   #119
Methanoid
Retired Quartex Sysop

Quote:
Edit: The Quartex crack is bad, so is the "100%" crack from The Digital Force. Also the download from the Cinemaware website is uncracked. We don't have a 100% cracked version right now, only the SPS versions are working. Any cracker with free time want to take care of this game???
Also, read here for more info on that game: http://eab.abime.net/showpost.php?p=...&postcount=114
Hangs head in shame as an ex-Quartex member

but why not PM Galahad, Codetapper, Girv and so on rather than just HOPE they see this thread?
Old 20 April 2006, 16:10   #120
Adderly
[Satan^God]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Methanoid
Hangs head in shame as an ex-Quartex member

but why not PM Galahad, Codetapper, Girv and so on rather than just HOPE they see this thread?
hehe, at least Quartex did a good job with the Pal fix. If you boot the original ntsc version on a pal setting the game loads, displays the Cinemaware logo and game title and then gurus... Loading on a ntsc setting the first you'll see is a requests for the second disk, the title/logo comes later...
A 100% cracked version would be of use only for real Amiga users. With Winuae you could use the SPS disks. I'm not going to bother a cracker if there is no demand for a cracked adf image. Let's see what the next replies say...