English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Other Projects > project.SPS (was CAPS)

Old 10 September 2023, 21:38   #101
rygar

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarryB View Post
How does the doc check work for Thaurus?

E.g. Strona (Page) 7 Wiersz (Row) 4 Wyraz (Word) 7 seems to be 'etapowi' but that doesn't work for me as you can only type in 5 characters?

Sometimes it points to Wiersz 21 which has nothing there?

About protection code. It's little tricky. All is described in manual so i translated it for you:
The correct code to enter in the code window are the first two letters of the found word and the number of letters it consists of.

Last edited by rygar; 10 September 2023 at 21:43.
Old 10 September 2023, 23:19   #102
BarryB
Amigaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by rygar View Post
About protection code. It's little tricky. All is described in manual so i translated it for you:
The correct code to enter in the code window are the first two letters of the found word and the number of letters it consists of.
Not being a Polish speaker is a form of copy protection too! I can now pass the doc check thanks to your explanation!

And looking at the codes Abaddon extracted for Afryka, Azja and Test Prawa Jazdy, they use the same type of protection!
Old 12 September 2023, 14:40   #103
BarryB
Amigaholic

On the TSS Mega Mix CD, Pitagoras seems to be the same as the DMS file that was uploaded to the Zone, no saved files in the Pitagoras_Wyniki folder. So as I mentioned before, you could create an ADF from the DMS or the files on the TSS Mega Mix CD and write that back to your disk or a blank disk, volume label would be: Pitagoras_SP5678

At least we now have an original copy of the Pitagoras files!
Old 12 September 2023, 21:05   #104
rygar

Quote:
On the TSS Mega Mix CD, Pitagoras seems to be the same as the DMS file that was uploaded to the Zone, no saved files in the Pitagoras_Wyniki folder. So as I mentioned before, you could create an ADF from the DMS or the files on the TSS Mega Mix CD and write that back to your disk or a blank disk, volume label would be: Pitagoras_SP5678

At least we now have an original copy of the Pitagoras files!

Thank you a lot for good news
I redumped Desert Wolf. I'm still waiting for isopropyl alcohol but meantime i cleaned just drive head. Please check if it helped?
Old 12 September 2023, 22:14   #105
BarryB
Amigaholic

That dump is OK, thanks for RAR'ing up the RAW files Updated post #91 However, where is the code sheet for the protection? The manual scans you uploaded do not seem to have one?

Probably one of your previous disks dirtied the heads on your drive and cleaning the heads worked?
Old 12 September 2023, 22:27   #106
rygar

Quote:
That dump is OK, thanks for RAR'ing up the RAW files Updated post #91 However, where is the code sheet for the protection? The manual scans you uploaded do not seem to have one?

Probably one of your previous disks dirtied the heads on your drive and cleaning the heads worked?
I don't have oryginal one. I bought it without it
But found it here
https://www.ppa.pl/rodzynki/download/desertwolf.txt
Old 12 September 2023, 23:21   #107
rygar

Redumped:
Polonista_D3_v2
Skaut D3 v2
Super TaeKwonDo Master_D0_v2
Super TaeKwonDo Master_D2_v2
Old 12 September 2023, 23:23   #108
BarryB
Amigaholic

Quote:
I don't have oryginal one. I bought it without it
But found it here
https://www.ppa.pl/rodzynki/download/desertwolf.txt
Thart works Just need to understand Polish

I'll check your redumps later tomorrow!
Old 13 September 2023, 14:49   #109
BarryB
Amigaholic

Quote:
Redumped:
Polonista_D3_v2
Skaut D3 v2
Super TaeKwonDo Master_D0_v2
Super TaeKwonDo Master_D2_v2
Wow! None of those are any good? In fact some are worse than the first dumps!

Polonista only shows side 0 dumped, side 1 shows unformatted?

I would check your disks and see if they are dirty/moldy and clean them and the drive heads. Trying another drive might help too once the disks are cleaned and the heads on the drive!!

Last edited by BarryB; 13 September 2023 at 15:47.
Old 13 September 2023, 17:00   #110
rygar

Quote:
Wow! None of those are any good? In fact some are worse than the first dumps!

Polonista only shows side 0 dumped, side 1 shows unformatted?

I would check your disks and see if they are dirty/moldy and clean them and the drive heads. Trying another drive might help too once the disks are cleaned and the heads on the drive!!

I got finally isopropyl alcohol. Cleaned Skaut_D3 and redumped for test.
Please check if it's getting better...
I'll change drive if it didn't help.
Old 13 September 2023, 17:46   #111
rygar

Meanwhile Dumped na Uploaded:
Edukacja Zestaw 3 (Mikrozet)
Operacja Waz Morski (BiSoft)
Ortografia Gra Slow (Alderan)
Rajd Przez Polske (L.K. Avalon)
Old 13 September 2023, 17:55   #112
BarryB
Amigaholic

Quote:
I got finally isopropyl alcohol. Cleaned Skaut_D3 and redumped for test.
Please check if it's getting better...
I'll change drive if it didn't help.
That dump was OK, disk-utilities made an IPF without any warnings, but it has a lot of errors when viewed in HxC so probably more cleaning just to get a better dump! It also has an unsupported copy protection track on 80.0 of Disk 1 so i've uploaded your dump to The Zone in case Abaddon wants to check it. It's mistakenly identified as Sextett Protection!

I also noticed you're using 3 revs per track when 5 revs is preferred!

Also, if you download the Kryoflux dumping tool you can us the DTC program to create an ADF from your dumps and check your AmigaDOS tracks are OK.

As a case in point, Skaut Disk 1 creates an IPF fine in disk-utitlities with your dump but when using DTC to create an ADF it shows 6 tracks are bad so DTC is more sensitive to detecting errors! More cleaning/dumping would be in order to see if the dump creates an ADF in DTC that reduces/eliminates the errors!

Another point, if when dumping you hear a scrape or squealing noise eject the disk immediately and check it for dirt on the surface and clean it and the heads then try again, it could be dirt building up on the heads and causing the noise!! You shouldn't hear anything like a squealing or scrape noise on a good disk, sometimes I hear hardly any noise at all!

Last edited by BarryB; 13 September 2023 at 20:00.
Old 13 September 2023, 21:58   #113
rygar

Quote:
That dump was OK, disk-utilities made an IPF without any warnings, but it has a lot of errors when viewed in HxC so probably more cleaning just to get a better dump! It also has an unsupported copy protection track on 80.0 of Disk 1 so i've uploaded your dump to The Zone in case Abaddon wants to check it. It's mistakenly identified as Sextett Protection!

I also noticed you're using 3 revs per track when 5 revs is preferred!

Also, if you download the Kryoflux dumping tool you can us the DTC program to create an ADF from your dumps and check your AmigaDOS tracks are OK.

As a case in point, Skaut Disk 1 creates an IPF fine in disk-utitlities with your dump but when using DTC to create an ADF it shows 6 tracks are bad so DTC is more sensitive to detecting errors! More cleaning/dumping would be in order to see if the dump creates an ADF in DTC that reduces/eliminates the errors!

Another point, if when dumping you hear a scrape or squealing noise eject the disk immediately and check it for dirt on the surface and clean it and the heads then try again, it could be dirt building up on the heads and causing the noise!! You shouldn't hear anything like a squealing or scrape noise on a good disk, sometimes I hear hardly any noise at all!

Thank you a lot for value clues. I'l try to implement all of it in dumping process. I'm still very new in it

BTW I found something interesting in Wanted Team NFOs:

INFOFILE TO "HELIOSFERA"
Developer : MarkSoft
Cracked by : Gofer
Protection : Doc Check

Information for all happy owners (?) of the original Heliosfera game and OS 1.2 or 1.3 in the directory l: on the first disk the authors placed for free Saddam virus (Disk-Validator), of course it was removed by us from our version.

INFOFILE TO "SKAUT KWATERMASTER"

Developer : L.K. AVALON
Cracked by : Gofer
Protection : Track Serial

Last edited by rygar; 13 September 2023 at 22:03.
Old 14 September 2023, 13:08   #114
BarryB
Amigaholic

So Heliosfera came with a free Virus and Skaut does use disk protection!

Edukacja Zestaw 3 also uses some form of disk protection but the decoder Abaddon did for Edukacja Zestaw 2 doesn't work! Also, can you clean the disk of Edukacja Zestaw 3 or redump track 71.0 as it won't decode in disk-utilities!

Last edited by BarryB; 14 September 2023 at 13:29.
Old 14 September 2023, 14:00   #115
BarryB
Amigaholic

Operacja_Waz_Morski - Virus free and all files copy off the disk, no manual to pass the doc check!

Ortografia_Gra_Slow - Unknown protection on track 31.0 and lots of unformatted tracks and most files can be copied off the disk, plik0 is 0 bytes in length nad has no protection bits set so it won't copy off the disk!

Rajd_Przez_Polske - Both disks Virus free, all files can be copied off the disk but Disk 2 has similar protection to Skaut on track 80.0, mistakenly identified as Sextett! Not sure where this protection is checked for as ADF's load and let you start playing the game?

Last edited by BarryB; 14 September 2023 at 14:16.
Old 14 September 2023, 14:26   #116
rygar

Thank you a lot for help. I hope Abaddon will find some time and implement new protecions. For now i'll create SCP dumps.
In The Zone manual for "Operacja Waz Morski" which i found in google

BTW
I ordered something to help cleaning discs
https://allegrolokalnie.pl/oferta/ra...enia-dyskietek
Old 14 September 2023, 14:51   #117
BarryB
Amigaholic

Quote:
Thank you a lot for help. I hope Abaddon will find some time and implement new protecions. For now i'll create SCP dumps.
In The Zone manual for "Operacja Waz Morski" which i found in google

BTW
I ordered something to help cleaning discs
https://allegrolokalnie.pl/oferta/ra...enia-dyskietek
Nice, that manual worked ! Uploaded the IPF to The Zone!

Never used one of those cleaning frames, let's see how you get on with it when it arrives!

Last edited by BarryB; 14 September 2023 at 15:24.
Old 16 September 2023, 23:41   #118
Abaddon

Quote:
So Heliosfera came with a free Virus and Skaut does use disk protection!

Edukacja Zestaw 3 also uses some form of disk protection but the decoder Abaddon did for Edukacja Zestaw 2 doesn't work! Also, can you clean the disk of Edukacja Zestaw 3 or redump track 71.0 as it won't decode in disk-utilities!
The protection check is similar to Edukacja Zestaw 2, in that it has extra data after the sector with sector gap of 1. But is different enough where I had to write a new decoder. The extra data is the loader for the game.

Unfortunately, as was mentioned T71.0: sectors 5, missing. The game still works from the IPF I created, but the initial image has a bit of corruption due to the missing sector. Hopefully, we can get a good dump.
Old 17 September 2023, 00:25   #119
BarryB
Amigaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abaddon View Post
The protection check is similar to Edukacja Zestaw 2, in that it has extra data after the sector with sector gap of 1. But is different enough where I had to write a new decoder. The extra data is the loader for the game.

Unfortunately, as was mentioned T71.0: sectors 5, missing. The game still works from the IPF I created, but the initial image has a bit of corruption due to the missing sector. Hopefully, we can get a good dump.
Quite amazing that a niche market like Poland used disk protection on a lot of titles!!

I think rygar is waiting for a disk cleaning frame to arrive so he can clean his disks and re-dump!!
Old 18 September 2023, 02:56   #120
Abaddon

Added support for Edukacja Zestaw 3 and skaut to disk-analyse.