English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Main > Nostalgia & memories

Old 01 November 2023, 13:38   #101
Megalomaniac

I did get something out of Body Blows back in the day, though this was the faster second version, but with hindsight even that is well short of what even a one-button Amiga was capable of for beat 'em ups - less than half the price of SNES Street Fighter II, but barely half as good. Sadly Shadow Fighter and Fightin' Spirit came too late, and Elfmania's wonderful game engine wasn't matched by good design.

Also Simpsons - Bart Vs the Space Mutants, one of my first Amiga games, which played now is really frustrating and excessively difficult with some illogical puzzles, especially considering the age range it was aimed at. And you can only hear 'Eat My Shorts' without getting annoyed.
Old 01 November 2023, 16:33   #102
oscar_ates

I enjoyed only from Mortal Kombat I-II on my Amiga. Rest of the fighting games on Amiga was trash. I played SF2, Body Blows, Elfmania, Rise of the Robots on my A500. And on A1200, Fighting Spirit, ShaqFu, Shadow Fighter, Primal Rage all bad in my opinion and plays like an a$$.

Only issue with Mortal Kombat on Amiga was the removal of all background animations. That made it a bit dull.
Old 01 November 2023, 20:41   #103
Seiya

Quote:
Originally Posted by sokolovic View Post
Because you obviously didn't played Colonization. Or the Settlers. Or Cannon Fodder. Etc etc.
cannon fodder and Settlers i played.
The first it was very nice, but in long run become tiring and ripetitve.
The second funny for the first missions, but it's a very long games. Maybe i was more impressed by Warcraft series, similar in concept, but more intriguing.

Colonization and Civilization are not my genre