English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Requests > request.Old Rare Games

Old 10 February 2015, 02:02   #101
Supamax
Da Digger :)

*BUMP*

(5 years later , sorry, but I didn't get an answer... )

P.S. I have an Overdrive dump by CFOU! (2 x 4MB extended ADFs) but I'm missing disk 3. Where can I find it (in extended ADF format, not the Mok cracked release)
Old 10 February 2015, 08:12   #102
dlfrsilver
CaptainM68K-SPS France

Send a message via MSN to dlfrsilver
i wonder if the game is present on the EAB server.
Old 10 February 2015, 15:29   #103
butfluffy

i downloaded a rar file from the EAB server but it only contained two 4mb extended adf's., there seems to be a few of these rars on the server but they are all the same
i dopwnloaded a whdload 1.0 version of the game which i hope is a 100% working version but i would still like to get the disk 3 extended adf also if anyone has it.
Old 10 February 2015, 15:54   #104
Don_Adan

This game (original) has only 2 disks.
Third (save/play) disk is created/formated via Overdrive game. Perhaps with correct WinUAE setup (custom ADF ?) it can be created easy.
Old 10 February 2015, 15:57   #105
dlfrsilver
CaptainM68K-SPS France

You're missing disk 3 ? Oh ok sorry !!! You must create an extended ADF empty, on which the game will write temporary datas. That's why it's actually not included in the archive !
This extended ADF must not be write protected.
Old 10 February 2015, 17:18   #106
Retro-Nerd
Missile Command Champion

Found this 2MB save disk on my hd. Let me know if it works. In the Zone now.
Old 10 February 2015, 17:38   #107
butfluffy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don_Adan View Post
This game (original) has only 2 disks.
Third (save/play) disk is created/formated via Overdrive game. Perhaps with correct WinUAE setup (custom ADF ?) it can be created easy.
that makes sense but earlier in this thread there were posts saying that the game is asking for disk 4 (D) which i assumed would be the save disk.
if disk 3 (C) is the save disk then what is disk 4?

HOL also has this ritten in the information section of the game... [4] Game requires a blank disk to be inserted for savegames and high score saves when users are prompted for "disk 4"
also HOL page says the game is on 3 disks and the whdload version i downloaded has disk.1 disk.2 and disk.3 included not only that but the back of the game box on HOL says real time virtual map envirobment on three 1.7mb disks which would suggest the game has 3 game disks and the savegame disk is the disk 4 (D). can anyone with the original game confirm this? the HOL page was submitted by CFOU! who according to this thread created and fixed the whdload version.

Last edited by butfluffy; 10 February 2015 at 17:52. Reason: update
Old 10 February 2015, 17:54   #108
Retro-Nerd
Missile Command Champion

Then the HOL info is probably wrong. I assume the WHDLoad version already includes the save disk (3).

From the WHDLoad readme:

Quote:
- Rawdic/Dic used to image:
* both original disks
* 3 disks of cracked version
* Savegame disk (optional)
Old 10 February 2015, 18:16   #109
rygar

Here is a link with 3 disks:
ftp://91.204.149.69/Amiga/WHDload/ga....0_Infacto.zip
Old 10 February 2015, 19:31   #110
butfluffy

i already have that whdload v1.0 version. juding by the info Retro-Nerd posted the whdload version is made up of the cracked version from tosec? thats what i got from the info. if so this version will no doubt encounter problems, whiat i'm looking for is the fixed whdload version made by CFOU! which was mentioned earlier in this thread.
if anyone has the fixed CFOU! whdload version could they please upload it?

i don't mean to go on about this because some of you guys have been kind enough to keep on telling me the game only has two disks but i'm not sure of this fact.
if the game disk 3 is a save game disk then why does the game ask for disk 4 (D)? and the info on the back of the game box clearly states 3 disks of game maps.
has anyone completed this game using only the two extended adf's to verify if the game is a two disk only title.
if someone had the original it would no doubt clear this matter up.

Last edited by butfluffy; 10 February 2015 at 19:31. Reason: error
Old 10 February 2015, 21:03   #111
Supamax

The original game has 3 disks, not two.
When loading the game, it asks for disk 3 (which is not a save disk) and disk 4 (which I suppose is the save disk, to be previously created).

So, where can we find disk 3?

Quote:
Originally Posted by butfluffy View Post
if the game disk 3 is a save game disk then why does the game ask for disk 4 (D)? and the info on the back of the game box clearly states 3 disks of game maps.
Exactly

EDIT:
Sorry, I was wrong!
The program surely has an issue related to the disk number<--->letter association, but inserting the savedisk from Retro-Nerd (in the Zone) (*) when the program asks from disk D works. After inserting that, it asks for disk G (?) but then proceeds without user intervention. So I suppose it's only a display bug...

(*) or just a blank custom/extended adf

EDIT#2
My 5-years ago question still remains:
How did CFOU! manage to create those 4MB extended ADFs including multirevolution tracks, if RAWREAD can't create/support them?
Which tool did he use to create those extended ADFs?
Or perhaps did he use an "unofficial" feature (multirevolution tracks) of RAWREAD? (see Toni's post #94)

Last edited by Supamax; 10 February 2015 at 22:12.
Old 10 February 2015, 23:17   #112
Don_Adan

Some cracked games has more disks than original, due game data can not be fitted on normal DOS disks. Overdrive is example game, original version has 2 disks, cracked version has 3 disks. All infos are stored inside Cfou's WHDload readme for this game. Original and cracked versions can not be finished (last level don't works), due this game has data bug, only WHDload version can be finished. Anyway this was the hardest to crack for Mok Amiga game.
Old 10 February 2015, 23:53   #113
Supamax

Quote:
Originally Posted by butfluffy View Post
the back of the game box on HOL says real time virtual map environment on three 1.7mb disks which would suggest the game has 3 game disks
Yes, why writing "on three [...] disks" if the disks are only two?
Even if they mean uncompressed data, why do they refer to three "disks" and not the total uncompressed MBytes... bah... a strange game, many errors (in packaging and in software)
Old 11 February 2015, 00:15   #114
dlfrsilver
CaptainM68K-SPS France

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supamax View Post
The original game has 3 disks, not two.
When loading the game, it asks for disk 3 (which is not a save disk) and disk 4 (which I suppose is the save disk, to be previously created).

So, where can we find disk 3?

Exactly

EDIT:
Sorry, I was wrong!
The program surely has an issue related to the disk number<--->letter association, but inserting the savedisk from Retro-Nerd (in the Zone) (*) when the program asks from disk D works. After inserting that, it asks for disk G (?) but then proceeds without user intervention. So I suppose it's only a display bug...

(*) or just a blank custom/extended adf

EDIT#2
My 5-years ago question still remains:
How did CFOU! manage to create those 4MB extended ADFs including multirevolution tracks, if RAWREAD can't create/support them?
Which tool did he use to create those extended ADFs?
Or perhaps did he use an "unofficial" feature (multirevolution tracks) of RAWREAD? (see Toni's post #94)
He had the game as WWARP files. Thanks to Winuae track length option, he has wrote each wwarp files in big extended ADF. No rawread here
Old 11 February 2015, 00:46   #115
Supamax

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlfrsilver View Post
He had the game as WWARP files. Thanks to Winuae track length option, he has wrote each wwarp files in big extended ADF. No rawread here
Ah, I understand... thanks Denis
Old 11 February 2015, 00:47   #116
Amiga1992

I can't believe I actually helped with some game, many years ago haha.
I suppose the ADFs I posted here (cracked version) made their way to TOSEC already so it is not needed that I upload them again, right? Let me know otherwise and I'll do my best, currently I have access to all my old disks but NOT to an Amiga
Old 11 February 2015, 01:44   #117
Supamax

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akira View Post
I can't believe I actually helped with some game, many years ago haha.

For the Hall of Light team:
since the original game is on 2 disks, I would suggest to update the Overdrive page at Hall of Light website
Old 11 February 2015, 02:29   #118
butfluffy

yeah i went ahead and read the whdload info and you guys were right all along. just a case of mok having to use 3 disks to fit all the game data.
i agree with Supamax that an update to the HOL page stating that the game is 2 disks not 3 would be a good idea, the HOL page was what made me more concerned that this was really a 3 disk game and we were missing a disk.
good to know the whdload version can be completed, guess it would have sucked to have purchased this game back in the day only to find that it was broken and could not be completed even from original disks.
i wonder if it's possible to fix the extended adf so that it's completable just like the whdload version, probably not worth it if it takes too much effort i guess. it's nice to have fully working versions of games in multiple formats for the completists.
Old 16 July 2016, 18:07   #119
DamienD
Banned

A bit late to the party (as usual) and don't really feel like reading through 6 pages ATM...

I can see above it's mentioned that the original is not completable. Does that mean my only option is WHDLoad (I guess with fix applied)?

I tried the "Mok" disks from TOSEC but can't even get the game to boot... Am told that I need to protect disk 2; I do that, reset WinUAE but same message appears
Old 16 July 2016, 19:31   #120
DamienD
Banned

Ok, read through the thread now and noted that I need to protect all 3 disks (though I'm using the "Mok" cracks)...

Saw mention of a disk 4 that needs to be used; Retro-Nerd provided this. Can someone re-upload to The Zone! please?

...and my original question still remains (though from what I've read unlikely). There's no original / cracked / fixed "disks" around where the 4th level is good?