English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Other Projects > project.Amiga Game Factory

Old 25 February 2021, 12:11   #101
Predseda
Puttymoon inhabitant

Send a message via ICQ to Predseda
Quote:
Originally Posted by spudje View Post
I assume the screenshots with the "swastika-like" logos are from an "enemy base"?
Yes, it is the part of the plot.
Old 25 February 2021, 12:25   #102
spudje

Makes me think of Iron Sky :P
Old 25 February 2021, 12:29   #103
Predseda
Puttymoon inhabitant

Indeed!
Old 25 February 2021, 20:37   #104
spudje

BTW if I buy now, am I entitled to the full (digital) version too, or do I only buy the demo? If the former I am willing to pay more than the minimum price.
Old 25 February 2021, 21:36   #105
gyagyagyerek
DIY

Question Iron sky ?

..let's say He is NOT SUPER MARIO!

Last edited by gyagyagyerek; 25 February 2021 at 22:06.
Old 25 February 2021, 21:42   #106
thairacerjp

Hi gyagyagyerek , i played today and the more I play, the more I like (that's the signature of the good games), really exciting and climax, is there a strategic aspect cause when I kill ennemies I never have the same bonus or munitions or is it hazard ?
Old 25 February 2021, 22:09   #107
sovenyimre

You have a small chance 20 % and the bonus is random. Hard to decide what you need in a battle.
Old 26 February 2021, 19:02   #108
Predseda
Puttymoon inhabitant

And have you seen this?

[ Show youtube player ]
Old 05 April 2021, 03:46   #109
gyagyagyerek
DIY

different Aliens...

This one is just for testing the engine-features by mocking up an Aliens themed game. It's ended up pretty cool, so we have to show you all....

[ Show youtube player ]
Old 05 April 2021, 11:34   #110
Predseda
Puttymoon inhabitant

Woohoo! And thank you for update, much appreciated.

Last edited by Predseda; 05 April 2021 at 11:40.
Old 05 April 2021, 12:00   #111
kriz

Looks so cool!!
Old 05 April 2021, 13:59   #112
AmyMor

IMPRESSIVE!!!
Know that your work is among those that I look forward to the most ... I seriously hope to be able to play it soon maybe in BOX-CD edition.
Old 06 April 2021, 20:10   #113
xboxown

Call me flames, whatever. I am going to say it here before it is too late. If you do not change the AI of the monster soon and make it a high quality AI that forces the player to think strategically, I will rate this game 3/10.
Old 06 April 2021, 21:06   #114
gyagyagyerek
DIY

Quote:
Originally Posted by xboxown View Post
Call me flames, whatever. I am going to say it here before it is too late. If you do not change the AI of the monster soon and make it a high quality AI that forces the player to think strategically, I will rate this game 3/10.
Oh, Ok! Right after i implement the trading system!
Old 07 April 2021, 13:22   #115
sovenyimre

Quote:
Originally Posted by xboxown View Post
Some gamers think the original game is hard enogh but that will change for sure and give me 1/10 but a hide and seek AI strategy in a realtime shooter on 7-14mhz? Btw... That is why the weater element is present,... hard to see in the dark where everything is moving but a simple solution for sure.
I implement what I can but there is no reason at present state of the engine. Lots of things changed/implememted since the first test. The demonstration is about to show some new engine capabilities. Compared to history: storm, animated player, camera movement, player control. Because of the graphic elements ... for obvious reasons, Colonial Marine presentation is "not a game" and cannot be released in this form and so it wouldn't make sense building in a dedicated xenomorph+facehugger feature.
Old 07 April 2021, 15:22   #116
Predseda
Puttymoon inhabitant

I liked what I played in the demo (even in the very first demo) and was satisfied with aliens behavior.
Old 07 April 2021, 19:27   #117
sovenyimre

Quote:
Originally Posted by Predseda View Post
I liked what I played in the demo (even in the very first demo) and was satisfied with aliens behavior.
I can make them eat from my hands and do "roll over"-s for me
I’ve tested it so many times that I can play blindfolded, so it’s hard to judge what’s hard and what’s not.
Behavior is... since I never did a game like that before, I can only guess what and how to do (still inside capability).
In one variation, the aliens become a speedster than running away. It looked weird, I ran more backwards than forward, but with the old controls it would be much fun because the player to stop where he (or she?) fire. In the case of xenomorph, the extra speed would be good thing since the engine also have the new reverse control and the ability to use JOY and mouse at the same time (for control and target+fire).
... but we stay with the astronaut and with the grays.

Last edited by sovenyimre; 07 April 2021 at 20:15.
Old 07 April 2021, 20:23   #118
andyhants

Wow that is chuffing awesome - you even have the motion detector sample - you should release this as a 'Horizon - Aliens Special Edition' version or something
Old 07 April 2021, 23:18   #119
sovenyimre

BTW.. If anyone can help.....I asked for help in AMOS.coder section but failed.
I still have a problem I'm looking for a AMOS solution:

We want to make a version in floppy-s but the game can't fit on one disk, so I have to manage them on multiple disks.

-First, when I check with "Exist ("file")" if the disk needed to be replaced, but then... it remembers the current status of the file I am looking for and I allways get "Exist ("file")=-1"even after I am changing the disk with the right file on.
It seems to be memorized and I can't make it forget.

-Second version. If I use "Trap Load file: Errtrap = 81" instead of "Exist", the first disk swap will work, it finds the file I am looking for, but... from now on, it will also memorized as existing file (and all the files I used before) and treat these files as if they were existing in the current disk.
gain, I get "Exist (file) = - 1" for each file, does not matter if I use full path or just a filename.

I assume the existents of the files are stored/buffered somehow, which I should reset, and I cant find any information how to do this!?

There has to be a solution as other games also written in AMOS and used multiple disks.
Samurai_Crow told me that "The file exists bug is an Amiga Workbench bug" but if anyone can help me, or tell me where can I find a working example/solution to my problem?
Old 07 April 2021, 23:39   #120
Predseda
Puttymoon inhabitant

Black Dawn Rebirth is a recent AMOS game on several disks, and Barbarian+ too. So I think Shaun Waters and Colin Vella must know the answer. They both are on this forum. Look for timeslip1974 and colinvella nicks.