English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.WinUAE

Old 16 July 2008, 10:04   #101
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by hexaae View Post
Since v 1.5.x WUAE shows a strange sprite bug with Apidya.
Here is a shot: the dropping bombs (you have to play for 30-40 secs) have those vertical lines following the bomb trajectory:
Can't duplicate, even with JIT enabled and with or without immediate blitter. (using whdload version)

EDIT: sure it isn't some filter artifact? (your screenshot is really blurry and ugly imho..) Try standard hires/doubled mode without filters.

Last edited by Toni Wilen; 16 July 2008 at 10:13.
Old 16 July 2008, 18:46   #102
hexaae
Bug hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toni Wilen View Post
Can't duplicate, even with JIT enabled and with or without immediate blitter. (using whdload version)

EDIT: sure it isn't some filter artifact? (your screenshot is really blurry and ugly imho..) Try standard hires/doubled mode without filters.
Because the JPG compression was high (saved with crappy and plain Windows Paint)...
I tried with NULL Filter but nothing changes.
You have to play a bit: the garbage appears when you get the single drop-bomb (4-5 powerup flowers to take, 30 seconds in the game).
Please can you retry with my attached cfg? Maybe is another setting...
Attached Files
File Type: txt Real A1200 (060).uae.txt (27.2 KB, 256 views)
Old 16 July 2008, 21:02   #103
Exl

Have something here which could be a bug.

1. Start a CD32 config with a folder mounted as harddrive (to replace the CD-ROM).
2. Run it for a little bit, and at some point make a save state.
3. Load the same save state. The next time a file access occurs (though this is just my guess, happens when it normally starts loadin data), nothing happens. As in the emulation stops.

In winuaelog.txt the following appears:

Code:
2008-07-15 16:43:27
27-984 [126 000x091]: unixfs warning: Bad pointer passed for read: 0019a720, size 524288
This is with WinUAE 1.5.1 Public Beta 5 dated 2008-07-13. Previous 1.5.1 betas also had this problem, I do not know if 1.5.0 or previous had it. Any other info needed?
Old 16 July 2008, 21:13   #104
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exl View Post
Have something here which could be a bug.
Maybe but I expect more information before I bother with this.. Name of game, when to save the state. "at some point" is not good enough.

(btw, the message is not real error and most likely will appear without state save or load)
Old 16 July 2008, 22:06   #105
Exl

Alright, in more detail...

1. Start WinUAR. Set up a CD32 config with a folder mounted as harddrive (to replace the CD-ROM). I used Superfrog CD32 for this. A simple extract all files from the ISO image to a single folder, using WinRAR. Device name was "CD0" and volume label "Superfrog", the rest unchanged.
2. Start the emulation. Choose to play Superfrog, and run it up until the title screen (I skipped the intro).
3. Hit F12, Make a save state.
4. Continue emulation. No need to do anything.
5. Hit F12 again, and load the previously saved state.
6. Continue emulation, press fire, and choose Start Game. Screen and music fades out and then... nothing.
Old 16 July 2008, 22:21   #106
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

Quote:

1. Start WinUAR. Set up a CD32 config with a folder mounted as harddrive (to replace the CD-ROM). I used Superfrog CD32 for this. A simple extract all files from the ISO image to a single folder, using WinRAR. Device name was "CD0" and volume label "Superfrog", the rest unchanged.
2. Start the emulation. Choose to play Superfrog, and run it up until the title screen (I skipped the intro).
6. Continue emulation, press fire, and choose Start Game. Screen and music fades out and then... nothing.
Much better, thanks

(yes, this isn't really supported configuration but it still should work..)
Old 17 July 2008, 03:18   #107
andreas
Zone Friend

Send a message via ICQ to andreas Send a message via AIM to andreas
Arrow

Quote:
I tried with NULL Filter but nothing changes.
You have to play a bit: the garbage appears when you get the single drop-bomb (4-5 powerup flowers to take, 30 seconds in the game).
So you can now exclude the WHD slave as culprit?
You say that it happens with the disk versions (ADF, IPF,...) too?

If the problem is not reproducible with the disk versions, an older slave might make a difference.
Old 17 July 2008, 09:41   #108
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

Quote:

Works fine here. Do you load the configuration before restoring state? Some not-so-basic statefiles (harddrives and other expansions) require this.

(my image has label "SuperFrog_AGA", not "Superfrog")
Old 17 July 2008, 10:15   #109
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

Quote:
the dropping bombs (you have to play for 30-40 secs) have those vertical lines following the bomb trajectory:
I saw those errors when I used your configuration but it only seems to happen near flowers and only in specific locations. Too difficult to debug because you can't stop.
Old 17 July 2008, 11:03   #110
Exl

Quote:
Works fine here. Do you load the configuration before restoring state? Some not-so-basic statefiles (harddrives and other expansions) require this.
I never even quit WinUAE or use the Restart button.
Old 17 July 2008, 11:44   #111
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

Quote:
I never even quit WinUAE or use the Restart button.
I missed that part, now I can duplicate it, thanks
(fix not in next beta)
Old 17 July 2008, 12:35   #112
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

http://www.winuae.net/files/b/winuae_1510b6.zip

Beta 6:

- RAM limit update in previous beta wasn't working..
- ddfstrt >= ddfstop "feature" emulated. OCS = display ends at "hard stop". ECS/AGA = starts and ends immediately = not much to see. Scroll text in intro "Latest News" by Abandon is now visible, OCS-only, scroll text missing on ECS Amigas (except small graphics garbage on left border)
- uaescsi.device and uaehf.device read/write command parameter validation improved (previously length = 0 was considered valid)
- experimental rawkeyboard mode added, add -rawkeyboard command line parameter to enable it (also disables directinput keyboard mode) Normally not needed but may help if some keys are not working in directinput mode. Windows XP or newer only.
- added BIF_NEWDIALOGSTYLE to path selection dialogs
- path selection dialogs autoselect old directory
- added path selection dialog to "favorite path" feature (right click on disk image select buttons)
- filter aspect ratio selection added
Old 17 July 2008, 19:23   #113
hexaae
Bug hunter

Quote:
I saw those errors when I used your configuration but it only seems to happen near flowers and only in specific locations. Too difficult to debug because you can't stop.
Thanks for taking the hassle As I supposed it must be some custom setting in my everyday config... The strange thing is that with WUAE 1.4.6 and the same cfg there is no garbage.
Old 17 July 2008, 19:35   #114
hexaae
Bug hunter

There is also another gfx bug I've seen with WUAE (did happen also with v1.4.6):
using PPaint 7.1 (I use also the ppaint_blit libraries to use the CPU instead of blitter for some faster operations) it can't draw filled geometric forms.
I mean for example the 2nd icon from top. It should fill the geometric form you created moving the mouse keeping pressed LMB instead it does nothing. Other geometric forms like filled circles, ellipses, rectangular shapes are correctly filled with colors.
Old 17 July 2008, 20:57   #115
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

Quote:
There is also another gfx bug I've seen with WUAE (did happen also with v1.4.6):
using PPaint 7.1 (I use also the ppaint_blit libraries to use the CPU instead of blitter for some faster operations) it can't draw filled geometric forms.
I mean for example the 2nd icon from top. It should fill the geometric form you created moving the mouse keeping pressed LMB instead it does nothing. Other geometric forms like filled circles, ellipses, rectangular shapes are correctly filled with colors.
The usual problem: can't confirm if it is really emulation bug or not. Most likely not because Picasso96 don't have any area fill hardware support. Working on some real Amiga or other WinUAE version won't really confirm anything either because of software version differences etc.. (bootable games are so simple..)
Old 17 July 2008, 22:47   #116
thomas

Loading configurations from sub-directories does not work. Looking at the bootlog, it seems that there is a \ missing:

Quote:
Max Z3FastRAM 1778M. Total physical RAM 3070M
GetWriteWatch() test ok
load config '.\Configurations\default.uae':0
load failed
failed to load config '.\Configurations\default.uae'
LCD: Logitech LCD system not detected
'.\Configurations\configuration.cache' loaded successfully
Entering GUI idle loop
load config '.\Configurations\StandardWB39.UAE':0
load failed
Could not load the selected configuration!
Log (disabled): 'D:\WinUAE\winuaelog.txt'
It should be Configurations\Standard\WB39.UAE
Old 18 July 2008, 13:20   #117
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by thomas View Post
Loading configurations from sub-directories does not work. Looking at the bootlog, it seems that there is a \ missing:
Confirmed. Bug in configuration cache file loader. ("I am sure I tested this" and multiple times..)
Old 18 July 2008, 23:38   #118
crusader86x

Hello Toni,

found a new bug. When disabling filters during emulation On-Screen-LEDs are gone. It doesn´t matter whether you start the emulation with or without filters. If you enable them and disable thema again, you´ll loose your LEDs, but the checkbox is still activated
Attached Files
File Type: uae power.uae (12.1 KB, 222 views)
Old 21 July 2008, 01:53   #119
andreas
Zone Friend

Send a message via ICQ to andreas Send a message via AIM to andreas
Cosmetical issue

Quote:
Confirmed. Bug in configuration cache file loader. ("I am sure I tested this" and multiple times..)
Toni, as you fix this I also suggest to remove the ":0" which appears to be a leftover from Linux UAE times
(For "Windozers": In Linux and Unix, :0 is terminal ID, usually used in conjunction with DISPLAY environment variable and/or xhost command)
Old 21 July 2008, 20:22   #120
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by andreas View Post
Toni, as you fix this I also suggest to remove the ":0" which appears to be a leftover from Linux UAE times
What? Where?