Mercenary 40,003 100.00%
A-Train 4 3.51%
Settlers 11 9.65%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 114. You may not vote on this poll

Old 23 June 2008, 13:49   #101
Amiga1992

Ahahahaha OMG
The JUGGLER demo on the Atari ST?

Hans, you are the biggest idiot in history. And you illustrate it for everyone to see in yur website
Old 23 June 2008, 14:59   #102
Old Fool
Zone Friend

Silk Worm got my vote on these. Where's Worms and Crazy Cars III ?
Old 24 June 2008, 15:31   #103
T_hairy_bootson
Workbitch 1.3

Why don't you do a web episode on how you got banned from every amiga forum because you like to be a troll and rip people off?
Old 24 June 2008, 17:03   #104
Marcuz

Quote:
Originally Posted by T_hairy_bootson View Post
Why don't you do a web episode on how you got banned from every amiga forum because you like to be a troll and rip people off?
well to be fair, everybody in this thread like to be a troll and rip him off... we are mean. but simply i'm not interested in the truth of wich is the most beautiful game of them all and why.
i just don't give a rat ass about it.
and anyway, it's bound to be Mercenary.
i mean, how can be 40001 people wrong?
Old 24 June 2008, 18:49   #105
gimbal
cheeky scoundrel

Quote:
i mean, how can be 40001 people wrong?
They can very easily be wrong, but in this case we are talking about one forum god adding 40000 votes I interpret it as an immensely strong opinion, I have no reason to not trust in it Mercenary must really be the best game of all.
Old 24 June 2008, 20:16   #106
Amiga1992

That 1 person after 40,000 is what makes the difference.
Old 24 June 2008, 20:25   #107
Marcuz

you are naive and i would troll your asses down a bridge!
of course Bipster is innocent! it's evident teh 40001 persons are real.
and 40001 persons are never wrong, even if they should say your name is mary, when clearly it is not. it just needs you swap "your" by "fred the fop's"
Old 25 June 2008, 23:04   #108
rmcin329
NOOB

My favorite amiga game isn't listed up there so i'll mention it here. TANX squadron(no not the same as battle squadron). Great game, and i loved playing it. Sadly i never finished it before the computer died and quit working(don't have any amigas around now). I wish winuae was capable of emulating TANX squadron, but alas sadly it is not.
Old 25 June 2008, 23:35   #109
Belgarath
HOL Team Member

Maybe it didn't work in the past but it works now.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Tanx Squadron.png
Views:	163
Size:	35.3 KB
ID:	16965  
Old 25 June 2008, 23:41   #110
eLowar
Citizen of Elthesh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belgarath View Post
Maybe it didn't work in the past but it works now.
Confirmed. Don't believe the FAQ on the game's website.
Old 25 June 2008, 23:47   #111
rmcin329
NOOB

what?!!! i've tried a greaty many combinations to get the game to run, and have had no success at all. Additionally i cannot find it in ADF form, however i can get the original amiga format of it.
Old 25 June 2008, 23:49   #112
Graham Humphrey

That's probably because it's hard drive only, no chance of getting an ADF
Old 25 June 2008, 23:49   #113
Ironclaw
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by RetroGeek View Post
It was NOT cool to add games to my post. Since I have been playing video games since PONG, which came out in the 70s, I am a video games expert and I have very good taste when it comes to video games. So, I posted this thread to see how many other people liked what I consider to be the top 10 Amiga games of all time. I have come to the conclusion that most of you guys have a taste for crap. For instance, most of you guys rant and rave about Shadow of the Beast, stating what a great game it is. Well the truth is, that game actually sucked as far as game play and replay value. Sure Shadow of the Beast has great graphics and music, but it takes more then that to make a great game. I could go on and on about the other games that you guys added to the list, but I do not want to waste my time.
Agree, I don't understand what all the fuzz about SotB is. I don't even think the music is good.
Old 25 June 2008, 23:54   #114
rmcin329
NOOB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graham Humphrey View Post
That's probably because it's hard drive only, no chance of getting an ADF
yeah and i can't get a HDF up and running either, because i don't have the ADF of the workbench install disks.
Old 25 June 2008, 23:57   #115
Retro-Nerd
Missile Command Champion

It was necessary to add some good games. Technocop, Night Hunter and SideWinder aren't real Amiga classics, A-Train is an average train sim.
Old 28 June 2008, 00:35   #116
mfletcher
Bawbag.

Quote:
It was NOT cool to add games to my post. Since I have been playing video games since PONG, which came out in the 70s, I am a video games expert and I have very good taste when it comes to video games. So, I posted this thread to see how many other people liked what I consider to be the top 10 Amiga games of all time. I have come to the conclusion that most of you guys have a taste for crap. For instance, most of you guys rant and rave about Shadow of the Beast, stating what a great game it is. Well the truth is, that game actually sucked as far as game play and replay value. Sure Shadow of the Beast has great graphics and music, but it takes more then that to make a great game. I could go on and on about the other games that you guys added to the list, but I do not want to waste my time.
Damn! How old are you, 12 going on 50?
Old 28 June 2008, 01:46   #117
Hungry Horace
Wipe-Out Enthusiast

Quote:
bowhahahaa.... i've only just read this, and i cant stop f**king laughing and the conceited arrogance. Classic Doomy there.

keep it up Doomy. It's almost as funny as the A500 butchery you pasted on youtube the other day.

[ Show youtube player ]

(as i post this it says 16 views btw, i get the feeling this will -rapidly- increase as a result of my posting here)

or is it just as funny as your dead hate-mongering forum that still only has two registered users?

[amusing link removed at request of marco.p]

oh and FYI, most of the games on the original list are crap or average at best. where the fuck is Bloodwych, SWOS, hell even Wipe-Out?? "i've been playing computer games since i was born in 1981 and therefore my opinion and taste is the only one that matters, making anyone who disagrees an idiot and/or troll so you must vote for what i like"

Last edited by Hungry Horace; 28 June 2008 at 11:15.
Old 28 June 2008, 05:54   #118
PWLM
He found it at the zoo..

Wow I'm fairly new to the forum but seriously please lighten up! To be honest I think this kind of posting stops some newbies from expressing an opinion for fear of being shot down...

Any way, back to the news-desk...

I voted for SWIV but I would seriously rather play Stunt Car Racer...

And I agree to one point of RetroGeek - SotB is seriously overrated. Yes great gfx, music etc but for me it's about what keeps me coming back.
Old 28 June 2008, 09:58   #119
Marcuz

Ok.

being myself responsible of some thread trashing up there, i would ask you guys to please stop in calling and referring to the guy who started this thread, to avoid further bickering with him.
he's not here anymore to respond anyway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hungry Horace View Post
bowhahahaa....
also i would ask HH to please remove the link to that forum, it's just a link not deserved and such a sick place better be forgotten.

If you guys want to poll a "super best game of them all, better than Xenon 2" thread but with a more serious slant, you can already choose between the many in this board (Freakyweakywoo Amiga Hall of Fame' gems, for instance) or start your own.

stay even on this, but let's not linger on the stuff above.

Old 28 June 2008, 16:33   #120
blade002
Zone Friend

Fucking hell RetroGeek! You've been playing games since Pong in the late 70's.. Well who gives a frogs fat arse! Just because you are 50 and the majority of us are in our late 20's to mid 30's, does not mean we do not know what makes a great game! I am 16 years your junior but i grew up with LCD games, a Hanimex system ( that had PONG on it! ), CBS ColecoVision, Atari 2600, C64, Amiga ...etc... as did the majority of us!

So mate, please shut the fuck up and stop parading yourself around like your the grand master of video games and all us are nothing but deluded inexperienced fools!. Its been mentioned MANY times by most of us on here that SOTB is not big on gameplay but great on graphics and sound, hence its the sound and graphics that make us love it so much and nothing more and it doesn't exactly take your so called "profound" experience in gaming to tell us that! Any dickhead can figure that one out!

You seem to forget that most of are old enough to have been there when it started to all REALLY begin! and we don't need to be 50 to have had your gaming experience. So stick your pretentious head back up your arse where it belongs and keep walking!

Last edited by blade002; 28 June 2008 at 16:39.