Severin

Send a message via ICQ to Severin
Quote:
Originally posted by mr_0rga5m
Green with envy ... looks gorgeous mate
Cheers m8

I'll bung it in the zone if you want to see it in it's full glory

The backdrop is here: http://www.unc.edu/~haraszti/images/...rtofpeace2.jpg

Well worth looking at this blokes site, he's a brilliant artist...
Old 10 April 2003, 16:02   #102
blackcornflake

Smile blackcornflake's Workbench

Screenmode by Picasso96. Randomly selected background and window pictures by RndWbPix. Window borders by Birdie. Transparent menu by MagicMenu. Predilection for cartoons model's own.

No buttonbars/docks/graphical mem usage indicators/analogue clocks for me: I prefer a totally uncluttered desktop. My screenmode of choice is 800 x 600 so space is at a bit of a premium. It isn't normally this busy, but you gotta run 99 things at once to make for interesting screen grabs, right?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	wbgrabnewest5.jpg
Views:	1256
Size:	99.9 KB
ID:	5023  
Old 10 April 2003, 17:50   #103
P-J

Re: you are the king of Off Topic you, no ?

Quote:
Originally posted by RCK
I have the (stupid)...
You said it
Old 24 April 2003, 20:37   #104
SabreGolly

Hello from a EAB newbie!

Seriously cool Workbenches here.

I use a 28MHz 68020 A1200 with 4Mb FastMem and 512Mb HD. For my workbench (600x240x128colours) I use New Icons and Multi CX (can't remember version - the one before the dreaded 'please register' irritation was added) - My WB is included in my first post - http://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?...592#post101592

What other WB patches and addons do you recommend or not do without? - especially like the pop up anywhere menus i've seen on a few posts here - is this magicmenu that Akira mentioned? I have trawled thru' aminet looking for stuff, but it is like a lottery as to wether the downloads are useful or stable. I need a review system!

Apologies if this has been asked before - I'm new here and it will take me some time to read through the previous postings!

Cheers
Old 25 April 2003, 07:30   #105
Drake1009

Yeah I believe that one is MagicMenu. Can't quite remember. Had it running on my old WB but it slowed it down a bit too much since I don't have an upgraded Amiga.

The Birdie program in BlackCornflake's post is what makes the borders around his windows seem different and nice to look at. I tried getting this to work on my stock A1200 but as expected it didn't work.
Old 25 April 2003, 12:46   #106
spiff
Oh noes!

I've got this GREAT looking blueish style with white borders on my WB 1.3 setup.. and a COOL 3 color knife with blood as pointer that I've made myself..

or at least I thought so 12 years ago...
Old 27 April 2003, 10:05   #107
Twistin'Ghost
Give up the ghost

Quote:
Originally posted by SabreGolly
What other WB patches and addons do you recommend or not do without? - especially like the pop up anywhere menus i've seen on a few posts here - is this magicmenu that Akira mentioned? I have trawled thru' aminet looking for stuff, but it is like a lottery as to wether the downloads are useful or stable. I need a review system!
You might wanna take a look at gfxbase for some of the tools ye seek, as they have it narrowed down to the more modern ilk, as opposed to the enormity of Aminet. Magicmenu is there, amongst other goodies.
Old 27 April 2003, 22:47   #108
Amiga1992

Quote:
Originally posted by SabreGolly
I use a 28MHz 68020 A1200 with 4Mb FastMem and 512Mb HD. For my workbench (600x240x128colours)
Isn't your setup a bit slow on 128 colors? I use my 030@50 on 64, and with that blitter emulator, and it's not an optimum speed!!

I recommend all the add-ons I have mentioned in my posts MagicMenu is a MUST. Remove that Start Menu thing,
Old 27 April 2003, 23:23   #109
Bloodwych

Since I began this thread my Workbench setup slowly advanced as I developed those WB packages available on the download page.

My very first pic looks so basic now LOL! Especially with all these power setups!

I'm really impressed peeps, almost makes me consider buying an accelerator so I can join in!!! It's fantastic how everyone has such a unique style to their WB!

I didn't realise how much you could improve the WB without destroying the classic feel and performance, even on a basic A1200 68020 10Mb RAM.

Even though many may have seen it on the download page, I just want to add my final WB pic!

So here is how it all ended up on my multisync in a 16 colour productivity mode and some help from the copper chip.

It may not be the best in this thread, but if you like chipram and have an 020 it's not bad!
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	classicwb_adv_v1.png
Views:	1230
Size:	64.5 KB
ID:	5062  
Old 28 April 2003, 23:48   #110
SabreGolly

Quote:
Originally posted by Akira
Isn't your setup a bit slow on 128 colors? I use my 030@50 on 64, and with that blitter emulator, and it's not an optimum speed!!
'Tis a bit, but I don't mind - it kind of reminds me I using 10 - 15 year old technology! Any MUI stuff is a slog...

Quote:
Originally posted by Akira
I recommend all the add-ons I have mentioned in my posts MagicMenu is a MUST. Remove that Start Menu thing,
Tried MagicMenu - the trap is v. slow on my machine! Strangely, everytime I wanted to use the menu I had already subconsiously (spelling?! - what a wonderful gift!) moved the pointer to the menu bar before I realised I had it! Turned it off in the end... really liked it with DOpus though...

As for the Start menu - I don't use it much! It just sits there! - The package does have a really handy 'Find...' function, similar to W*****s one on its start menu (except is only searches file names/dates etc, not their content) - I like that. I really just wanted it to be ironic. Worse - my latest harddrive shipped with the W*****s95 start up picture displayed during the boot - now that was a nasty surprise after I fitted that!
Old 11 May 2003, 03:28   #111
Enverex
Fantasy Man!

Unhappy

I dont have an installation anymore because my HD dieded

Oh well, btw, can I use some of these Pictures on my site to pimp the Amiga OS?
Old 01 July 2004, 12:56   #112
oldpx

I don't have a PPC anymore so I set up my 030/50 16mb system like this.

CopperDemon is used for the gradient effect but sgrab couldn't grab it properly so I added the gradient with photoshop for this image. Wallpaper is available if anyone wants it.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	000.gif
Views:	680
Size:	31.5 KB
ID:	7060   Click image for larger version

Name:	001.gif
Views:	955
Size:	63.9 KB
ID:	7061  

Old 01 July 2004, 20:42   #113
Peanutuk

Looks fantastic!
Old 01 July 2004, 21:23   #114
mr_0rga5m
Tik Gora :D

Burseg - give us some specs mate .. what res? what makes the icons look so good? etc?
Old 01 July 2004, 22:03   #115
woody57

Cool You Can tell Burseg is A Graphics Master

However my real Workbench woodies Bench Is as cluttered as my artwork

And for those of you that like eyestrain theres a mini png below

Its all down to burseg's use of colour balance that what makes him an artist and woody a MESS
Old 02 July 2004, 01:30   #116
oldpx

Quote:
Its all down to burseg's use of colour balance that what makes him an artist and woody a MESS
You're cool, setting up one's desktop isn't art by any means

Right, I must give some explanation:

Good old newicons is installed in order to make exoticons look properly. I'm using some of pygmicons that aren't displayed here too. I didn't allow newicons to install it's own default ones, instead, using the standard iconedit I halved the horizontal size of the default icons. I gave stupid color to disks so that they look different but I didn't want to use too many saturated colors in the first 8 pen of the workbench or some other 2.x style icons would look ugly. I downloaded colors, the palette replacement that can change all the available pens and used that with iconian to assign colors to the disk icons other than the first 8. I'm normally using only 16 colors and the icons don't look that good but I still see reasonable color with the middle-end newicons.library (what kind of END can be in the MIDDLE anyway?) Everythin else looks the same with 16 colors.

Other important tools are MCP and CopperDemon that replaces the first pen of the palette with a multiple color copper gradient unlike magic copper. Although I don't need MCP I like the new menu bar style.

Making the background image I entered the color value of the workbench's first pen in photoshop for the areas I wanted to be transparent. A single 000001# different and it won't work! The IFF file photoshop produced didn't work with the amiga so I used the gif instead, obviously installing a gif datatype first. And here is the wallpaper itself. If transparency doesn't work, change the first pen of the workbench to r 136 g 146 n 170
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	realmiggy.gif
Views:	330
Size:	10.4 KB
ID:	7065  

Old 02 July 2004, 19:32   #117
Amiga1992

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burseg
Other important tools are MCP and CopperDemon [...] Although I don't need MCP I like the new menu bar style.
Try to get rid of MCP, to me it has been nothing but a problem-maker motherfucker, locking up my meega too frequently.
Old 02 July 2004, 20:32   #118
MarlboroMan
Space for rent

Heres my WB grab. Its an A1200 with Blizz 1230 IV 16 Mb Ram.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Grab.jpg
Views:	959
Size:	192.8 KB
ID:	7069  
Old 03 July 2004, 01:04   #119
Lemon

My 32 colour WB was "snapped" in 1998 and it still looks the same today.

http://kim.c64.org/lemon.gif

I stick with an A1200/060, 16Mb RAM, 2,5Gb HDD a multisync monitor.

Old 03 July 2004, 01:50   #120
oldpx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akira
Try to get rid of MCP, to me it has been nothing but a problem-maker motherfucker, locking up my meega too frequently.
CopperDemon randomly locks it when I change workbench screenmode but it's not something I do frequently and the first thing I did with MCP was to turn of many of the useless options like mouse acceleration, why would I want a jumpy mouse like that?

@marlboroman
I think you're using visualprefs and birdie. But what makes that outline effect around icon text? What did you do to your menu bar?