English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > abime.net - Hosted Projects > project.Sprites

Old 14 July 2014, 19:56   #101
bfrnhout
Retro is the game to play

Thanks. Almost ready with the cheat. I do not tell witch one that is for the people to find out.
Old 14 July 2014, 20:21   #102
FOL
PSPUAE DEV

Send a message via MSN to FOL
Quote:
Originally Posted by bfrnhout View Post
Thanks. Almost ready with the cheat. I do not tell witch one that is for the people to find out.
Cheat, the only one I know is the one I found by mistake as a kid. Well I also found a nice bug that allowed you to take over stations without fighting.
Old 16 July 2014, 20:45   #103
bfrnhout

There are more cheats then one. I do not know them all. But all the help in that part is welcom. Also the bugs. Maybe i can program the bug in the game.
So on the way during programming when i hear about a cheat or bug i wil try to put them in. And some cheats are just made for the test and then they are forgotten to removed.
Old 22 July 2014, 20:40   #104
bfrnhout

There is not a update for now. Some part are ready but i think its not that much to see. So i go on to the next part.
There are two cheats ready in the program, one must in because of the other. But are game lover you wil find out what it is.
N.B. Background color betrays the cheat.
Old 22 July 2014, 22:58   #105
FOL
PSPUAE DEV

Quote:
There is not a update for now. Some part are ready but i think its not that much to see. So i go on to the next part.
There are two cheats ready in the program, one must in because of the other. But are game lover you wil find out what it is.
N.B. Background color betrays the cheat.
You talking about Ctrl and C cheat? Does it make hangar screen go red or was it green. Cant remember now.
Old 24 July 2014, 22:03   #106
bfrnhout

As soon as this part is out you wil find it out for youself. The color you mean is red. and then the choise code is showing under the sytem bar. In my case it wil be another code but it is there then when its in. That may give you a clue.
Old 31 July 2014, 22:46   #107
bfrnhout

don't worry I am still busy. Its had more work to it than i touth. I'am busy with the stoch overview. And there is a switch in the view. But i have to program also for the future so if the player is on another planet. or Station.
A lot of programming is taking up time because i have to look in the original program if something is going on display on the wau I think.
Be patient it wil come.
Old 04 August 2014, 21:27   #108
bfrnhout

Ok there is another part ready. Get it and please me with your bug report.
BTW there is a cheat in it and you may find it. I wil not report it anywhere but if you find it you may do it.
Old 04 August 2014, 23:54   #109
FOL
PSPUAE DEV

Quote:
Ok there is another part ready. Get it and please me with your bug report.
BTW there is a cheat in it and you may find it. I wil not report it anywhere but if you find it you may do it.
Working well, except the resource and stock screens.
You have the select button sound randomly activating.

Resource collection also appears to be working ok.
Old 05 August 2014, 20:54   #110
bfrnhout

thanks I wil look in to it.
Old 05 August 2014, 22:28   #111
bfrnhout

Updat on the bug. Did loading the wrong sound file. This one has the hit drawer sound connected in the file. This wil be the future file. Where all the sound is one big mp3 file. And by program pointing to a piece of the file. It wil play it.

But the build in DLL is not working on the right way. So sound that had 3 or more sound parts wil play some time the sound before the played file. I have corrected that.

Be patiance there wil come a next part soon.
Old 05 August 2014, 22:33   #112
FOL
PSPUAE DEV

Quote:
Updat on the bug. Did loading the wrong sound file. This one has the hit drawer sound connected in the file. This wil be the future file. Where all the sound is one big mp3 file. And by program pointing to a piece of the file. It wil play it.

But the build in DLL is not working on the right way. So sound that had 3 or more sound parts wil play some time the sound before the played file. I have corrected that.

Be patiance there wil come a next part soon.
Take your time, its coming along nicely.
Old 06 August 2014, 07:27   #113
Gambit

I must say I am happy to see you other Deuteros fans. You might be interested that I started my own attempt at a remake of Deuteros. check it out at www.deuteros.tk. I have made references to your project because I think it's awesome.
Old 07 August 2014, 23:14   #114
bfrnhout

Hey your program is looking great. See who wil make the finished one. Your idea of making two whole files is my idea to. For now the sound is not integrated in the file because i have to tweak the sound.

You have a lot of work to do. But I think you wil have a perfect working version in no time.

One point in resource screen there is servey active and your stock give you already 18 units on resource. Thats strange. But a nice catch.

Nearly finished the next part step. Production is under construction so tomorrow i wil post the working version of that to. A part of it. I wil try to do every friday a update of the program. Some times it wil be one little thing and another time a lot of things. Its up to the complexety of the program.

And i think that I have made a lot of programming lines. Just let my line counter run, and the result is 5,546 line of code. Thats excluding the remaks line. Counting that to the line is doubled.

Cambit. One question did you have solve the problem of research time and prodction time. I have some calculation but not one of them is realy working correct.
Old 08 August 2014, 00:02   #115
Gambit

Thanks
I'm looking forward to your next version. I have a problem running it because I have multiple monitors though. Every time I start it I just get a black screen. Then when I alt tab and go back in I see Earth City for half a second and get the black screen again.

To answer your question about production and research. I made a function that triggers on a timer update. when the time updates and research or production is active it adds to a research and production counter. When the production counter reaches 1/4 of the maximum it triggers a change of the picture and the maximum is dependent on what you are building and the level of the person that's building it.
Old 08 August 2014, 10:47   #116
FOL
PSPUAE DEV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gambit View Post
I must say I am happy to see you other Deuteros fans. You might be interested that I started my own attempt at a remake of Deuteros. check it out at www.deuteros.tk. I have made references to your project because I think it's awesome.
Curse you, I ended up playing M2.2 again and finishing it in one sitting.
Old 08 August 2014, 15:46   #117
Gambit

Nice! I love the original and was very happy that they made a remake of it with a lots of improvements. I hope we are half as successful as they are!
Anyway your comment reminded me of the remake and I added some references and a download mirror on my site. I would hate to see that the remake would be lost on the web.

Damn now I want to play it
Old 08 August 2014, 23:45   #118
bfrnhout

Time to play a little bit more. Some new program lines added. Look promissing.
Its not complete but its working.

Gambit
Your explanation is completly correct. But I think I made the wrong question. All that you give i have that to. But what I not realy know is how long a research is taking to complete. E.g. Shuttle takes up 35 days of research. But do you know the time everyting is taken. And the same goes for the production.

As soon as the AOC is active then everything is taking up 6 days that is eas but the rest is not.

BTW is the cheat found ?
Old 09 August 2014, 11:21   #119
Gambit

ah yes the building/research times. The build and research times themselves seem very static. the only modifiers are number of personnel and level of personnel. I haven't figured out what they all are but I will just produce everything once on one of my old save games and keep track of the time with each personnel level. once I have that data I can produce a function like
Production time = Static production time / Dynamic personnel level + Dynamic number of personnel
or something in that order.
The AOC always has a certain virtual level and virtual number of crew.
I was planning to make a function for it with the two variables I just described.

35 days of research time seems to long to me. Don't forget your total research team can be up to 250 personnel you just need to train multiple times until the team is full.

As I said I can't run your game so I didn't find it! I will try disabling my extra monitors and see if that helps.
Old 09 August 2014, 19:45   #120
bfrnhout

Gamibit if you run win8.1 you need directplay to run the game. Cause my game is build on a directx 9c. And win 7 and above dun on directx 10 and above.
The full screen switch in directx 9c works fine but not in 10 or 11. Therfore you need Directplay.

Production time its not all figured out but a lot of things i have found. Rigs take 18 days on apprentice and 6 days on expert.

BTW. I have get the calculation found in the listing afther disasm it. But it stil give me no clue what the time is. Calculation is:
production time = (Static production time) / (total people at work * level workers)
if you calculate back with the rigs its as follw.
18 = (3600)/(200 * 1)
4 = (3600)/200 * 3)

this calculation is only working on the rigs. Other item hase differend values. That means that Expert is not a given value that all production is going on 6 days.

But the OAC is a static production value of 6 days.

Think of it with the research. If you want to find out the prison pod its take up 120 days. And then you team leader is professor.

I have found out a lot of thing. By trying out or finding on the internet. The data file i did managed to break it open and i know hou its build as save file. Thats why my save file is the same size as Amiga save file.

When the program is finished i wil look in to it on how i can get the save file from the ADF files. It would be a good challange for me to make that happend.