English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Coders > Coders. General

Old 02 July 2016, 11:49   #1061
wolfchild

rygar.adf empty

Hi,

Where can one download the latest rygar.adf disk image? The one from google drive (https://drive.google.com/folderview?...mM&usp=sharing) is an empty disk.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	WinUAE Rygar.png
Views:	210
Size:	9.5 KB
ID:	49012  
Old 02 July 2016, 14:21   #1062
Trachu

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandruzzo View Post
Rygar is good! What about others? If we be with current gfx, could you reduce each enemy to 8 colors and "move" them into our 32 colors palette?
well i have this
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	rygarenemiescorrected9cEHB2version.png
Views:	255
Size:	8.6 KB
ID:	49013  
Old 02 July 2016, 15:16   #1063
nobody

Seriously i believe this game is huge, no way there will be a full conversion of it "just for fun". Who will make the 20+ levels maps, rip all enemies, position enemies, enemy AI etc.
And for what, MAME is there, everyone can play the best version.
Old 02 July 2016, 15:44   #1064
sandruzzo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trachu View Post
well i have this
Only 8 colors???
Old 02 July 2016, 15:46   #1065
sandruzzo

Quote:
Originally Posted by nobody View Post
Seriously i believe this game is huge, no way there will be a full conversion of it "just for fun". Who will make the 20+ levels maps, rip all enemies, position enemies, enemy AI etc.
About enemies, at least the commons ones, they behave very simple. I could make them out pseudo random based upon level difficult
Old 02 July 2016, 16:43   #1066
Retro1234
Phone Homer

all the front layer of the maps are online
http://www.vgmaps.com/Atlas/Arcade/i...gendaryWarrior
1-4 people doing them wont take that long
ill do some if it'll help.
Old 02 July 2016, 17:17   #1067
sandruzzo

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfchild View Post
Hi,

Where can one download the latest rygar.adf disk image? The one from google drive (https://drive.google.com/folderview?...mM&usp=sharing) is an empty disk.
reuploaded check it out
Old 02 July 2016, 19:26   #1068
ReadOnlyCat
Code Kitten

Quote:
Originally Posted by nobody View Post
You know, there is a precondition to every success: you have to be convinced that you are going to reach the end of it and persevere despite setbacks. History is chock full of impossible feats that someone decided were actually possible and ended up doing them against everyone's predictions.

Sure plenty of people failed but none of those who doubted ever achieved anything. If you want things to happen in life you have to cast doubt away, no way around this so get rid of your pessimism and give it a try.
Old 02 July 2016, 19:26   #1069
Retro1234
Phone Homer

Good Demo
Old 02 July 2016, 19:32   #1070
seuden
uber cool demi god

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReadOnlyCat View Post
History is chock full of impossible feats that someone decided were actually possible and ended up doing them against everyone's predictions.
Like Amiga emulation?
Old 02 July 2016, 19:33   #1071
sandruzzo

Quote:
You know, there is a precondition to every success: you have to be convinced that you are going to reach the end of it and persevere despite setbacks. History is chock full of impossible feats that someone decided were actually possible and ended up doing them against everyone's predictions.

Sure plenty of people failed but none of those who doubted ever achieved anything. If you want things to happen in life you have to cast doubt away, no way around this so get rid of your pessimism and give it a try.
Amen. I like this project, and slowly but surely I'm gonna on!
Old 02 July 2016, 19:34   #1072
sandruzzo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retro1234 View Post
Good Demo
Thanks!
Old 02 July 2016, 19:54   #1073
Retro1234
Phone Homer

Check out my Mario Demo I think your like it im sending you a PM
Old 02 July 2016, 20:08   #1074
nobody

Quote:

i prefer the term pragmatic.
Old 02 July 2016, 20:50   #1075
sandruzzo

Quote:
Check out my Mario Demo I think your like it im sending you a PM
Great Work Man! Keep pushing it!
Old 02 July 2016, 20:59   #1076
Retro1234
Phone Homer

Thanks its only writen in Amos but I think ive had good results - only thing id say is try not to stop untill completed or if you do make sure your code is in a tidy documented state so you can pick it up easily again, Good Luck Dude
Old 03 July 2016, 01:00   #1077
Trachu

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandruzzo View Post
Only 8 colors???
Well yes, however original is having 4-5 shades of each colour so if i want to preserve them i can have only less coloured sprites, so they are like they are.

As far as i understand interleaving allows you too use blitter more efficiently, but if you use efficient blit for even planes you still have to do something with the odd. Cant you make similar blit on the odd planes and we would deal with full colour 6 bitplane sprites?

Quote:
all the front layer of the maps are online
http://www.vgmaps.com/Atlas/Arcade/i...gendaryWarrior
1-4 people doing them wont take that long
ill do some if it'll help.
the problemm i see is that separated levels contain sprites while the mixed levels does not have sprites but have the background.
What we need is full level without the sprites and background which we would then chop into tiles.

We also need all the game sprites.

When i have the original data i can make my magic on them.

Last edited by Trachu; 03 July 2016 at 01:43.
Old 03 July 2016, 04:57   #1078
sandruzzo

Quote:
Well yes, however original is having 4-5 shades of each colour so if i want to preserve them i can have only less coloured sprites, so they are like they are.

As far as i understand interleaving allows you too use blitter more efficiently, but if you use efficient blit for even planes you still have to do something with the odd. Cant you make similar blit on the odd planes and we would deal with full colour 6 bitplane sprites?

the problemm i see is that separated levels contain sprites while the mixed levels does not have sprites but have the background.
What we need is full level without the sprites and background which we would then chop into tiles.

With odd planes I can do one blitting with 2 cycle spared, since bob data arent' requirede since I have to do only an hole into planes.

About enemies, we have two palette to use: 1-3-5 planes and 2-4-6 planes. They can be used by rygar too.

Not only that, we can use current planes layout, and have "only" 8 colors for each enemy. You can map them as you like, so I can do only 3 full coockie-cut blit operations, and 2 with less expensiove term. Since you can map this colors as you like we can have full enemies quality with a lot of spare blitter slots. 2 cycles for each enemies word for each line! Examples 32*32 bob we have= 2*3(one more word for blitter shift)*32 = 192 spared cycles! Without one more word, we still have 128 spared cycles!

Another options is to have a differente mapping: first 16 color for background, and others for enemies. With that layout, I can turn on and off one plane, depending upon enemies position. I can turn on and off this plane above enemies and below them.

Last edited by sandruzzo; 03 July 2016 at 07:22.
Old 03 July 2016, 17:35   #1079
dlfrsilver
CaptainM68K-SPS France

Send a message via MSN to dlfrsilver
Quote:

Trachu, i'll get back at them once again, i take care of the tiles extraction.

This will be fast, i have found a way to work in a smoother way
Old 03 July 2016, 17:42   #1080
Retro1234
Phone Homer

dlfrsilver that wont contain the map though it would probably help with the background map though, ask codetapper where he got the first map from ill have another look online - it would take long if you had to draw each map.

the sprites are only displayed over repeated tiles so it wont be hard to remove them - the sprites could also maybe used to roughly map enemies.
also the background is just repeated tiles.

Last edited by Retro1234; 03 July 2016 at 17:49.