Go Back   English Amiga Board > Coders > Coders. Asm / Hardware

Old 14 July 2017, 10:35   #81
Miggy4eva
Amiga warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by kovacm View Post
Calm down:

[ Show youtube player ]
Good effort for a machine like the ST but very low res, low frame rate. Nice demo but can't make a game from that. The Wildcat demo is a Wolf 3d engine running at silky 60fps frame rate on A500, drop to 20fps frees up enough CPU for everything else that can possibly be needed.
Old 14 July 2017, 10:40   #82
kovacm
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miggy4eva View Post
The Wildcat demo is a Wolf 3d engine running at silky 60fps frame rate on A500, drop to 20fps frees up enough CPU for everything else that can possibly be needed.
Are you FUCKING crazy?

That Wildcat demo, in 3D Wolfenstein part, certainly DOES NOT RUN AT 60FPS!
Old 14 July 2017, 10:44   #83
Miggy4eva
Amiga warrior

On A1200 it does
Old 14 July 2017, 10:45   #84
kovacm
Banned

Quote:
On A1200 it does
Do you fucking with me?

Minut ago you wrote:

Quote:
The Wildcat demo is a Wolf 3d engine running at silky 60fps frame rate on A500
Old 14 July 2017, 10:54   #85
Miggy4eva
Amiga warrior

My A500 is not working so I believe the video. It looks 60fps and the Wolf 3d engine is smoother than 2d scrolling of most ST games.
My A1200 gives 60fps easily, that's what I can see with my own 2 eyes. But I'm sure the A500 is similar.
Old 14 July 2017, 11:21   #86
britelite

Quote:
My A500 is not working so I believe the video. It looks 60fps and the Wolf 3d engine is smoother than 2d scrolling of most ST games.
In that case your eyes are deceiving you, it runs 25fps at best.

Quote:
My A1200 gives 60fps easily, that's what I can see with my own 2 eyes. But I'm sure the A500 is similar.
You can't see 60fps because the fastest a PAL-demo can run is 50fps
Old 14 July 2017, 12:57   #87
kovacm
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by britelite View Post
it run 15-16FPS.

You can download video and count number of frame in one second.

---

Amiga funboys like Miggy4eva are prone to imagine things that 'only Amiga makes it possible' [ Show youtube player ]
Old 14 July 2017, 13:14   #88
Galahad/FLT
Going nowhere

Quote:
Originally Posted by britelite View Post

You can't see 60fps because the fastest a PAL-demo can run is 50fps
Not strictly true, PAL Amigas have had 60Hz capability since the first A500 ECS machines, but of course very few if any demos and games used it.
Old 14 July 2017, 13:17   #89
Galahad/FLT
Going nowhere

Quote:
Personally, I wouldn't give ANY credence to any video on Atari ST or Amiga demonstrations unless its provably running on real hardware.

The majority of videos on Youtube are running on emulators, and as we all know, the owners of these channels are not necessarily honest about what specifications the demo/game is running at, as they are more interested in their videos looking as best as possible.
Old 14 July 2017, 16:14   #90
Amiga1992

Quote:
You clearly are trolling around, saw you doing it in another thread overstating A500 capabilities without any real actual knowledge of the platforms.

That part is definitely running at no more than 15FPS tops.
And as Stingray said, a full game entails a LOT more than just a bunch of walls shown around in "3D".
Old 14 July 2017, 20:58   #91
Shatterhand
Warhasneverbeensomuchfun

Man, those guys who go around "MY MACHINE IS BETTER IT DESTROYS EVERYTHING ELSE" are really annoying as hell, even when the aim of their ridiculous nonsense love is the Amiga .
Old 15 July 2017, 16:08   #92
Miggy4eva
Amiga warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shatterhand View Post
Man, those guys who go around "MY MACHINE IS BETTER IT DESTROYS EVERYTHING ELSE" are really annoying as hell, even when the aim of their ridiculous nonsense love is the Amiga .
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akira View Post
You clearly are trolling around, saw you doing it in another thread overstating A500 capabilities without any real actual knowledge of the platforms.
Well I thought if there's any place on the internet this should be OK, it's on the Amiga forums? Can't I be a "fanboy" here? I'll admit I'm not a programmer and not that technical but I do believe the Amiga was the best of the entire 16 bit era, and the best machine to possess a Motorola CPU.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galahad/FLT View Post
Personally, I wouldn't give ANY credence to any video on Atari ST or Amiga demonstrations unless its provably running on real hardware.

The majority of videos on Youtube are running on emulators, and as we all know, the owners of these channels are not necessarily honest about what specifications the demo/game is running at, as they are more interested in their videos looking as best as possible.
Well that's true too, I'm sure some of those ST Wolf 3d videos are beefed up with emulator speed. I've seen it with some Amiga games also.
Old 15 July 2017, 16:28   #93
Shatterhand
Warhasneverbeensomuchfun

Quote:
Well I thought if there's any place on the internet this should be OK, it's on the Amiga forums? Can't I be a "fanboy" here? I'll admit I'm not a programmer and not that technical but I do believe the Amiga was the best of the entire 16 bit era, and the best machine to possess a Motorola CPU.
Man, the Amiga is my fav 16 bits machine of all time too. Alas, it's my fav machine of all time, if I had to keep just one machine from my collection for some reason, it would be my A600 hands down, no questions about it.

Still I don't need to be irrational about it and say the Amiga do things it can't do, neither treat ST users/lovers/fanboys like they are the worst kind of people on Earth. You can defend your machine, but when you start saying things that are absolutely not true, you begin to get really annoying. It gets even worse when you do it being agressive to users/lovers of other machines - or keep saying uninformed stuff even when people are informing you better.

And being friendly is always better than being aggressive. I never owned an Atari ST (I actually had never even seen one until a few months ago) and I love to learn about it, and from time to time I still get surprised with some stuff that's made for it. Does the Amiga walks all over it? Yeah, most of the time. Do I need to be harsh with people who owns it/loves it? No. Is EVERYTHING on the Atari ST worse than on an Amiga? Certainly not...

And as much as my love for the Amiga has a lot to do with the fact I spent some of my best years on front of it, I understand lots of people will love the Atari ST for similar reasons, and more power to them! Let they enjoy their machine and push it to its limits like we love to do with our own.

If you are not the most technical guy it would be a good idea to listen more and talk less. There's a lot to be learned and some guys here really know *A LOT* about the machine. In the last few years I've learned a lot about it and it's true, while the machine was way ahead of its time, it's also not the powerhouse that some of its users believe to be. And I still have a lot to learn and I still LOVE the machine even knowing it's not as powerful as I used to believe it is, but I don't need to convice the whole world the Amiga is the best machine ever, even less by saying stuff that makes no sense.

Oh, and regarding "Best Motorola machine ever", I am sorry... the X68000 and the Neo Geo both destroy the Amiga on every front. Put a X68000 side by side with an A500 (both machines released at the same year) and the A500 looks like an outdated obsolete piece of hardware.

And I still love my Amiga and I'd still prefer to have an Amiga over owning an X68000 (Well, maybe except the X68000 is worth a lot more $ )

Last edited by Shatterhand; 15 July 2017 at 16:43.
Old 15 July 2017, 17:29   #94
sandruzzo

In my opinion A500 was an unfinished project. It have some things that make me think about it
Old 18 July 2017, 13:37   #95
Miggy4eva
Amiga warrior

Quote:
Still I don't need to be irrational about it and say the Amiga do things it can't do, neither treat ST users/lovers/fanboys like they are the worst kind of people on Earth. You can defend your machine, but when you start saying things that are absolutely not true, you begin to get really annoying. It gets even worse when you do it being agressive to users/lovers of other machines - or keep saying uninformed stuff even when people are informing you better.
I did not say ST people are the worst on earth or insult them. However they also make many ridiculous claims and exaggerate, still try to justify their decision to buy some cheap machine all the way back then. It's 2017, time for them to drop this bullshit so I don't mind telling them.
If I say some bullshit now and then it's an accident, but I'm not sorry because they do it worse. Ever since 1985.

Quote:
Is EVERYTHING on the Atari ST worse than on an Amiga? Certainly not...

Look your being very polite so I take your points but I can't let that slide. The Amiga destroys the ST. Yes, in everything. "But my midi ports", Amiga can easily add them. "But my faster CPU", 1 step forward and 5 steps back without all the extra hardware.
Some examples exist where ST out does Amiga due to lazy coding, lazyports, or lack of attention. But if somebody cares enough the Amiga destroys the ST in every single aspect.

Quote:
And as much as my love for the Amiga has a lot to do with the fact I spent some of my best years on front of it, I understand lots of people will love the Atari ST for similar reasons, and more power to them! Let they enjoy their machine and push it to its limits like we love to do with our own.
THey can do what they want but to come into Amiga forums and start fights, make untrue claims and bash the Amiga, well, they can get 2 barrels of truth fired back at them. That is all.

Quote:
Oh, and regarding "Best Motorola machine ever", I am sorry... the X68000 and the Neo Geo both destroy the Amiga on every front. Put a X68000 side by side with an A500 (both machines released at the same year) and the A500 looks like an outdated obsolete piece of hardware.

And I still love my Amiga and I'd still prefer to have an Amiga over owning an X68000 (Well, maybe except the X68000 is worth a lot more $ )
I would argue the X68000 is not as good.
First it was released 1987 so 2 years newer than Amiga.

Secondly anyone can make amazing hardware specs with unlimited budget. It's not hard to make a powerful machine that costs $10,000 and nothing to be admired. The Amiga was strong enough to compete head-to-head with X68000 hardware, even if it loses some battles, for a fraction of the price. It was elegant, a multimedia, all-purpose machine better than anything on the planet the day it was released for a price that anyone who did the proper analysis would pay.

Thirdly the X68000 was not revolutionary or did anything new unlike the Amiga. It was just more the same, but more of it. Arcade board like contemporary arcade boards. Yawn.

Fourth, the Amiga had a total ecosystem, true multitasking OS with Workbench that killed NEC's OS.

Finally look at the sales numbers. They don't lie.
Old 18 July 2017, 13:46   #96
kovacm
Banned

Quote:
I did not say ST people are the worst on earth or insult them. However they also make many ridiculous claims and exaggerate...
intertesting...

Quote:
The Wildcat demo is a Wolf 3d engine running at silky 60fps frame rate on A500
so you do not think that Amiga users also make many ridiculous claims and exaggerate?
Old 18 July 2017, 14:05   #97
Miggy4eva
Amiga warrior

If you read my next sentence you know the answer.
Quote:
If I say some bullshit now and then it's an accident, but I'm not sorry because they do it worse. Ever since 1985.
Some minor errors in what I say will happen, and still does not equal what many ST people have said. So I'm not sorry and I don't care.
Btw that Wildcat Wolf3d demo certainly runs at least twice as smooth as ST Wolf. Even without enemy sprites, they can be added with more optimisation
Old 18 July 2017, 14:54   #98
Shatterhand
Warhasneverbeensomuchfun

Ok mate, keep being an annoying cat then, I guess it's your right.

Amiga is better than the X68000, Neo Geo, Mega-Drive, Playstation 4 and the Xbox One. Alas, I don't understand why people waste their times using a PC Windows Box when an A500 is a lot better and more usable and has true multi-tasking and can play Wolf 3D at 60 fps and Atari users are the ones here saying nonsense. Final Fight Amiga is better than the X68000 version, Golden Axe amiga is better than the arcade one, AGA games run at 50 fps with 256 colors, Xenon 2 is the best vertical shoot'em up ever, Project-X is better than anything consoles got it at that time, 1 button is enough to play Street Fighter 2, the only reason Amiga didn't have Doom was because coders were lazy and Workbench never, ever, EVER crashes.

It's ok. I really agree with Akira now, I just think you are troll by now. But hey, Amiga is the best thing ever.
Old 18 July 2017, 14:58   #99
kovacm
Banned

Quote:
still try to justify their decision to buy some cheap machine all the way back then. It's 2017, time for them to drop this bullshit so I don't mind telling them.
I must replay to this: my father, after having ZX Spectrum (and ZX-81) bought Atari ST in 1986. We bought ST with hi-res Mono monitor, Commodore 9pin printer, joysticks and few games for half of price of Amiga 1000.
My father enjoy flicker free 70hz crystal clear picture for data processing and I enjoy playing games. (In early 16bit days, most game was released for 8bit machine, some for ST, and even less for Amiga).

As time pass, I was more and more interested in more serious computing. First with 3D graphics and animation (CAD-3D, descendant of 3D Max) and later with programing.
Somewhere in 1993. I bought Amiga 500 for playing games since by the time, no more games was released for ST. I had great time with friends playing HiredGuns, ATG, SkidMarks... Amiga is far superior for games, no question.

---
I will not replay to rest of your post except this:

Quote:
THey can do what they want but to come into Amiga forums and start fights, make untrue claims and bash the Amiga, well, they can get 2 barrels of truth fired back at them. That is all.
Where "we" start fight???

It is you that come from nowhere and start to talk shits/untrue/lies like (it is 4x times SLOWER - 16FPS!): "The Wildcat demo is a Wolf 3d engine running at silky 60fps frame rate on A500" (ridiculous claims and exaggerate on pair with previous dlfrsilver statements). You also manage to ruin/disrupt thread Arcade / Console --> Amiga conversion discussions
Old 18 July 2017, 14:58   #100
Shatterhand
Warhasneverbeensomuchfun

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandruzzo View Post
In my opinion A500 was an unfinished project. It have some things that make me think about it
It certainly begun the "Not enough upgrades let's just repeat the same machine again" Commodore tradition