English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Main > Amiga scene

Old 30 December 2009, 17:09   #81
Kitty

Just wondering is there gonna be a poll to vote for the winning game?
Old 31 December 2009, 07:19   #82
rockersuke

And finally there goes my out of contest entry!

As mentioned, it's a brief text adventure, so my challenges were:

-Make it in time (ouch!)
-Make it christmas oriented (hey! that was easy!)
-Make it in an intelligible english (bigger ouch!!)

You can see its own web page here with a html version of the readme file.

A screenshot:

Direct link to zip file with both, an lha file and an adf : here

Thanks again everyone!

--
Old 31 December 2009, 11:12   #83
kriz

wow, cool work all !!!
Old 31 December 2009, 16:23   #84
rockersuke

Ooops! First patched version updated a few minutes ago. Just be sure the readme file states it's version 0.95 instead of 0.9.

Thanks to Leffmann for spotting a serious bug which mercilessly crashed the game if you just typed "take game". Now it answers the usual dull "can't do that" message, which is better than crashing but should be polished in future revisions. You don't need to "take" the game itself to go forward in the plot.

Proper beta-testing (which my entry lacks ^_^' ) is needed in any type of game, specially text-advs!

-Web page
-Zip file with adf and lha

--
Old 02 January 2010, 12:12   #85
Cammy

Hi Rockersuke, thanks for your continued effort to make your Christmas game, even though I can't add it to the contest entries that made it in time for Christmas. Others might think it's unfair that they had submitted rushed entries if we add the few games that weren't finished until after the contest ended. We would still love to include your finished game on the Christmas Games CD we plan to publish, and all people who have made games or helped with the CD will receive a free copy once we get them printed.

The full CD will be available to purchase from our online webshop or eBay at a budget price, or if you'd prefer you will be able to download the ISO and CD cover art to burn and print yourself, free of charge. Individual games will be permanently available to download from our site as well, so people will continue to discover and play your games each year.

We have now set up a page for you to rate the entries of the contest so we can find the winners and send out some prizes! Click here for more info: http://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?t=49923
Old 02 January 2010, 19:56   #86
rockersuke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cammy View Post
Hi Rockersuke, thanks for your continued effort to make your Christmas game, even though I can't add it to the contest entries that made it in time for Christmas. Others might think it's unfair that they had submitted rushed entries if we add the few games that weren't finished until after the contest ended.
I agree, that's the right decission. Thanks for including my late entry in the CD. Releasing an Amiga game of my own, even a short (and buggy, and crashy ) one, was one of my unacomplished targets from my A500 days, and your comp gave me the motivation to do it now, which is itself a reward.
Hope there'll be another one next year!

--
Old 13 January 2010, 22:40   #87
rockersuke

New version! (0.99b) It's as ugly as before, but now it's got music... which is thankfully switchable

I'll post here if I upload any other update before the CD is coming out!

-Web page
-Zip file with adf and lha

--
Old 14 January 2010, 10:07   #88
pmc
gone

I think you're to be commended for organising this Cammy - really positive and a really great result too.

Maybe you guys could hold a more regular competition along the lines of this one and keep those new games and new ideas flowing all throughout the year!