English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Main > Retrogaming General Discussion

Old 28 February 2006, 06:07   #81
blade002
Zone Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by ST Dragon
I should convert the 4-disk [!] verified adf images to real AMIGA disks and try it out on my real A1200.
Yeah i played the Original A500 version that was also 4 disks. So maybe you might want to get a hold of that one!.

Another thing in Lionheart that some people may be unaware of, is that by pressing " I " on your keyboard, you can turn Interlacing on and off for the copper colour graduation in the background. I always had interlacing turned on because it made the colours blend perfectly together!.

What a wonderful game.
Old 28 February 2006, 13:44   #82
dir_marillion
Randy Rhoads

Sacrileged Thread !!!

Opinions are different for every man and they are acceptable, but this thread reminds me when I was 18 years old and someone told me that Metalica's Drummer (Lars Ulrich) is not a good drummer and he does mistakes.

I am not a super fun of Metalica, but I remember that I had smiled.

Now, after all these years, I read this thread and
Old 28 February 2006, 14:42   #83
ST Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by blade002
Another thing in Lionheart that some people may be unaware of, is that by pressing " I " on your keyboard, you can turn Interlacing on and off for the copper colour graduation in the background. I always had interlacing turned on because it made the colours blend perfectly together!.

What a wonderful game.
Very interesting.
I didn't know that.

I'll be sure to try it on my AMIGA and via emulation
Old 28 February 2006, 19:30   #84
mr_a500
Amiga-based Cyborg

Quote:
When you start the game, the "interlacing" of the copper is by default turned on (screen itself is non-interlaced). For some reason, when you exit the first cave, the copper interlacing is turned off and you have to press "i" to turn it back on.

Last edited by mr_a500; 28 February 2006 at 19:42.
Old 02 March 2006, 07:45   #85
blade002
Zone Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr_a500
When you start the game, the "interlacing" of the copper is by default turned on (screen itself is non-interlaced). For some reason, when you exit the first cave, the copper interlacing is turned off and you have to press "i" to turn it back on.
exactly right!. thats kinda what i meant anyway in saying that i always have it turned on, but i guess i should have explained myself better!. Cheers Mr A500.

I found it kind of strange that Thalion decided to have it off by default after the 1st level though?. Its such a wonderful technical trick and really improves the look of the game all the way through.
Old 02 March 2006, 11:25   #86
sittingduck

Count one for the away team on this one...

I remember playing the game back in the days, but didn't like it. I distinctly remember the ultrashort sword being irritating. Because of this thread I decided to try it again. Same result. Absolutely beautiful game, but - for me - no fun to play. Annoying controls, annoyingly short sword (though I guess this changes as one progresses). This may have to do with my playing style as I like to "attack" when playing games - don't wanna wait too long just to figure out the enemies' moving pattern.
Old 02 March 2006, 13:11   #87
blade002
Zone Friend

oh the pace picks up Sitting Duck!. especially the part with the rising water in the tower & riding the dinosaur with a huge Galleon floating above you!. God this game what better than Arcade Quality for back then!.
Old 02 March 2006, 13:13   #88
Ironclaw
Banned

To me it's still one of the best. Lionheart and Ruff N Tumble are great games.
Old 02 March 2006, 13:27   #89
blade002
Zone Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironclaw
To me it's still one of the best. Lionheart and Ruff N Tumble are great games.
Oh most definately Ironclaw!. I agree with you 1000 percent!!..

But ive never played past level 3 on the first world of Ruff N Tumble, because the cracked version i had back then would always crash when loading world 2. And it upset me VERY much!. Do you have a working version Ironclaw?
Old 02 March 2006, 13:54   #90
Ironclaw
Banned

I downloaded my working version from planetemu, cracked one, non trained.
Old 02 March 2006, 16:30   #91
alexh
Thalion Webshrine

The Thalion webshrine disks were grabbed from the masters. There is no copy protection on Lionheart, hence no cracks.
Old 02 March 2006, 17:32   #92
Anubis
Retro Gamer

Big grin

Quote:
Originally Posted by dir_marillion
Sacrileged Thread !!!

Opinions are different for every man and they are acceptable, but this thread reminds me when I was 18 years old and someone told me that Metalica's Drummer (Lars Ulrich) is not a good drummer and he does mistakes.

I am not a super fun of Metalica, but I remember that I had smiled.

Now, after all these years, I read this thread and
No, no, and no again!

This is not about opinions. This is just NO SENSE simillar in comparing Amiga and Atari ST. Everyone knew which one is better, but ST owners were always complaining...

Will, I just completed the game (again) without cheating, but using save states for level starts. I got the same ending as Ironclaw, and after I've read team messages in outro, there are hints that amulet is in secret part of lava level and that it is required to free Ilene. Newer new this before. Will have to try that too.

In the peek of the game (just before the ark level) I had 24 lives, and at the end after the final boss I had only 1 left.

EDIT:Well, thanks to save states, I found secret cave/level with amulet. You have to move this stone (Image 1) and the continue moving it with sword-down attack. When completed secret level, you'll have amulet logo on the right top side, nest to the life indicator. (Image 2)

Well, couple more levels and new ending... Happy ending! I posted only first image from new ending (Image 3), as I don't like to spoil it for you guys.

Let me know if you like to see more images from happy ending, or perhaps someone can explain me how to create movie and upload it to that other site.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Lionheart_AmigaDisk1_001.png
Views:	562
Size:	74.0 KB
ID:	10431   Click image for larger version

Name:	Lionheart_AmigaDisk1_005.png
Views:	452
Size:	64.6 KB
ID:	10432   Click image for larger version

Name:	Lionheart_AmigaDisk1_007.png
Views:	427
Size:	124.7 KB
ID:	10433  

Last edited by Anubis; 02 March 2006 at 20:35. Reason: I found secret cave...
Old 03 March 2006, 04:15   #93
blade002
Zone Friend

Yeah i managed to find the Amulet years ago when the game first came out, because in almost every Amiga Game i played, i made sure i did EVERYTHING and searched everywhere for anything. I would scour every game!. so i actually accidently found the Amulet and on my time finishing the game!.

As a result of this, ive never actually seen the bad ending!. I only found out that there were 2 endings until later, when an Amiga magazine mentioned it in a write up about Lionheart.
Old 03 March 2006, 04:55   #94
mr_a500
Amiga-based Cyborg

Hey, that means that I found the amulet too! I didn't think that thing was an amulet. I thought it was some kind of underwater gear.

The reason I never got the happy ending was that I always used the cheat to get past that impossible "flooding castle" part. I tried it many times without cheating, but I always ended up drowning.

Edit: I just played it again and it looks like I was wrong. You can cheat and still see the happy ending. The reason I never saw it was because the few times I got the amulet (...that looks like underwater gear ) I didn't wait long enough during the ending before turning off the computer. Both endings are exactly the same until just after the "petrified girlfriend" scene. If you've got the amulet, the happy ending part starts a few seconds after this scene.

Last edited by mr_a500; 03 March 2006 at 05:37.
Old 03 March 2006, 05:55   #95
blade002
Zone Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr_a500
Hey, that means that I found the amulet too! I didn't think that thing was an amulet. I thought it was some kind of underwater gear.

The reason I never got the happy ending was that I always used the cheat to get past that impossible "flooding castle" part. I tried it many times without cheating, but I always ended up drowning.

Edit: I just played it again and it looks like I was wrong. You can cheat and still see the happy ending. The reason I never saw it was because the few times I got the amulet (...that looks like underwater gear ) I didn't wait long enough during the ending before turning off the computer. Both endings are exactly the same until just after the "petrified girlfriend" scene. If you've got the amulet, the happy ending part starts a few seconds after this scene.
HAHAHA... after all this time, its no only now you find this out!. isnt life cruel!. lol... Dont forget you guys, to also try out the Interlacing on every level as well!..

Where would you guys be without me hey!?..
Old 03 March 2006, 06:34   #96
EmuChicken

Back in the day I tried this out (I was maybe 14 or so), and turned it off after 10-15 minutes play because I didnt fancy playing as a guy that looks like a girl.... no wait, that was wolfchild! my bad... oh wait... I dunno
Old 03 March 2006, 06:48   #97
Anubis
Retro Gamer

Hmmm,
signs of insecurity?

@mr_a500
that's funny. I don't blame you, as it takes long time to finish the game without the cheating. With this secret level I finally had all 8 hearts, which makes final bosses much easier.
Old 03 March 2006, 06:50   #98
EmuChicken

... I dont know what game it was but, he looked like, swung his sword like, and wore little pants, like a girl.... I think... maybe a different game?
Old 03 March 2006, 09:07   #99
ST Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexh
Thanks!
The tunes are supposed to be TFMX Pro format, but when you unpack the lha archive, the audio files have some unknown extensions.

mdat.boss
smpl.boss
etc...

What encoder do you need to play them in the latest Winamp 5.13 or WinXP Media Player 10?

Even some other mod tunes in that site are unplayable:
mod.silkwormtitle

Thanks.

Last edited by ST Dragon; 03 March 2006 at 09:22.
Old 03 March 2006, 09:52   #100
Codetapper
2 contact me: email only!

You don't need an "encoder" to play modules! Anyway search Deliplayer for a decent player for the PC - it can play a huge number of formats.