English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.OtherUAE

Old 07 January 2013, 00:22   #81
mrbob2

Is this emu still being worked on?

i tried rodland tonight and player 2 starts automatically. It was a bug that was fixed in pang so i dont know why it still happens. Im using the latest version from play store 0.2.1
Old 09 January 2013, 12:41   #82
roberthazelby
Amiga user since 1990

After reading through this thread I decided to install this on my Nexus 7 last night.

I found compatibility to be very good, but was unable to get a cracked (Skid Row, I think) 2-disk set of Lemmings ADFs to work. The intro would play out, and I'd be left with a black screen and the Lemming paw mouse cursor.

The controls designed for platform games are very nice. Here's some feedback:
  • Lethal Weapon - Very playable indeed
  • Blues Brothers - As above, but to go into shops you need to press up and fire at the same time. This was VERY difficult to perform (but it was possible)
  • Blacklamp - The controls on a real Amiga aren't the best anyway (sluggish), but this didn't play too bad at all
  • BC Kid - Played very nicely indeed

I couldn't get on with the other (grid) controls at all when using them for the following games:
  • R-Type
  • Z Out

The complaint is down to me just not getting on with most on screen joysticks. Others probably had no issues.

I'm looking forward to having a go with some more mouse countrolled games, though. The cursor moved really nicely on the bit of Lemmings I 'could' test.

I also tried out a few demos, too.

Now, some bug feedback...
  • BC KID - Options screen full of glitches. In-game, the main character has slight sprite corruption near his head
  • DOS Demo - Vectors corrupted on DOS screen
  • Budbrain Megademo - Graphical corruption with man on toilet sprite
  • Obliterator (Psygnosis) - I thought this would be a good one to try with the mouse, but the game just threw up a black screen. I need to try another ADF to be sure this is a problem

Probably the biggest issue I've found is that the sound isn't in sync with what's going on on-screen.

Overall, this is an impressive emulator, and I look forward to trying out future builds.
Old 09 January 2013, 16:27   #83
s2325
Zone Friend

BC Kid sprite corruption is crack fault, not emulation, just try another disk image.
Old 17 March 2013, 19:46   #84
jbenam
Italian Amiga Zealot

Works great on my Samsung Galaxy S3

Is galu still working on it? I wouldn't mind having 4-floppy support.

Nevertheless to say, the two control schemes work great
Old 07 April 2013, 22:23   #85
galu

I'm going to get back to Omega 500 development (the keyboard emulation is worth fixing), but 4-floppy support is out of question (it was removed on purpose)

I just want to announce that I have a working Game Boy / Game Boy Color emulator with the exact same UI & controls (slightly improved) as Omega 500 and I'm going to release it later this month.
Old 07 April 2013, 22:32   #86
jbenam
Italian Amiga Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by galu View Post
I'm going to get back to Omega 500 development (the keyboard emulation is worth fixing), but 4-floppy support is out of question (it was removed on purpose)
I know you want to keep it as simple as possible, but for multi-floppy games (like It came from the Desert) it's a real pain to always get into the menu and change floppies

Quote:
Originally Posted by galu View Post
I just want to announce that I have a working Game Boy / Game Boy Color emulator with the exact same UI & controls (slightly improved) as Omega 500 and I'm going to release it later this month.
Great news
Old 23 August 2013, 13:39   #87
Robert de Clair

Helo
Is there any hope for enchant devices? because my tv dongle can't install this app.

This is an powerfull device so i think there are no problem with speed.
In Google Play i cant see this app it's just hidden for me.

Currently Im using UAE4Droid, but as i read this thread, your app was much more compatibile and with better controll.

Im using external joypad (wireless x360 with PC reciever)
Device Rikomagic MK802 IV
Fullspec: http://www.rikomagic.com/en/product/...39_pid_19.html

Ill be glad to be a tester any kind emulation software

P.S. Sorry for my english, i hope you understand what i mean
-------------------------------------------------------

Jest jakaś nadzieja na to, by rozszerzyć liczbę urządzeń dla których ten emulator jest dostępny? Pytam, ponieważ mój tv dongle nie widzi w aplikacjach google play tego emu.
Przyczyną na pewno nie jest jego prędkość, bo to dość mocne pudełko. Niestety aplikacja Omega 500 jest dla niego ukryta.

Aktualnie używam UAE4Droid, ale trafiłem na ten wątek i z tego co czytam to ten emulator jest bardziej kompatybilny, a do tego ma lepsze opcje sterowania.

Używam zewnętrznego kontrolera (wireless od X360 wraz z odbiornikiem do PC)
urządzenie: Rikomagic MK802 IV
Specyfikacja: http://www.rikomagic.com/en/product/...39_pid_19.html

Chętnie posłużę pomocą jako betatester wszelakiej maści emulatorów

P.S. Przepraszam za angielski. Mam nadzieję, że za bardzo nie wypaczyłem sensu wypowiedzi i jest on zrozumiały dla wszystkich.

Last edited by Robert de Clair; 23 August 2013 at 13:44.

Old 23 August 2013, 13:58   #88
Methanoid
Retired Quartex Sysop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert de Clair View Post
In Google Play i cant see this app it's just hidden for me.
You probably need a build.prop edit to be able to see it. You could just manually install the APK?
Old 25 August 2013, 16:26   #89
galu

I recently bought a GameKlip (PS3 DualShock controller mount) for Galaxy S4 and I have to admit that it's so awesome that I decided to support GameKlip / PS3 gamepad (USB-OTG) in the Omega 500
The idea is to have physical controls "rethought", both in-game and in emulator GUI. After some initial experimentation I decided that:
- d-pad and left thumbstick will serve as directional joystick controls (obvious)
- joystick up ("jump") will be additionally mapped to the SQUARE button
- joystick fire will be mapped to the CROSS button
- spacebar will be mapped to the TRIANGLE button
- right thumbstick will serve as mouse controls, L1 and L2 will serve as mouse buttons
- SELECT button will open quick load / quick save features
- START button will switch between in-game and emulator GUI
- the emulator GUI will be easily controlled with the gamepad buttons

The update won't be released in the coming 2 weeks, but hopefully shortly afterwards. Xbox 360 and Moga Controller Pro (and Wiimote) support should also be available and I'll call for testers. I'm not committed to support any other gaming hardware out of the box or to provide any customisation/remapping options, but it will be easy to remap gamepad keys outside of the Omega 500 emu using 3rd party apps to match the DualShock mappings.

@Robert de Clair: I doubt that Omega500 will serve your needs (even with X360 gamepad support) as it isn't more compatible than UAE4Droid and it's intended for touchscreen devices and doesn't support physical mice and keyboards, but you can always mail me (in Polish) using the "contact" feature of Google Play website.
Old 27 August 2013, 22:20   #90
jbenam
Italian Amiga Zealot

Any thoughts on adding the UAE4All 2.0 emulation core?

Oh, just one thing, games like Lotus II don't work as they need 512Kb of Slowmem (it crashes horribly otherwise). That's an easy thing to add, and it'd boost compatibility a lot

Omega500 is since a while my favourite Amiga emulator for Android, thanks to the fact that it's pretty much the only one with decent touchscreen controls
Old 27 August 2013, 22:46   #91
Pyromania

@galu

Thanx for developing this, I just downloaded it for my wife. She is a big Footman Amiga game fan.
Old 28 August 2013, 01:05   #92
Galahad/FLT
Going nowhere

Any chance of providing a debug screen trigger so we can see current Amiga state like all Ax, DX registers, SR and PC?

Would be good to track down why some games don't work or freeze if we could have basic debugging ability.
Old 30 August 2013, 07:53   #93
xArtx

If you want to do a dodgy to load a "lots of disks" game, you can stop the disk checking
once the playable part has loaded (if that's the problem).
NUM_DRIVES, which is usually a define, can be made an extern int, and then set to zero
once the playable part has loaded.
Then CIA-B never triggers select, and the drive GUI isn't updated either.
You would have to put it back to load again, but I haven't tried that.
The suss part is when I change from 3 to 2 drives, select still stops being called.

I hope Toni doesn't see this but it immediately solves the problem for me with iOS.
I do think that is down to, you unplugged the hardware after booting,
and obviously there is a difference in the Amiga memory because it booted with drives.

Last edited by xArtx; 30 August 2013 at 07:58.
Old 26 October 2013, 12:11   #94
John Pillow

Hello there,
planning to buy an Android stick (probably Rikomagic MK802 IV) next week, will Omega 500 support an external USB keyboard (got a wireless Logitech K400) for gameplay (i.e. arrows for movement, custom key for fire)?

Thanks in advance!

Cheers,
JP
Old 26 October 2013, 14:35   #95
jbenam
Italian Amiga Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Pillow View Post
Hello there,
planning to buy an Android stick (probably Rikomagic MK802 IV) next week, will Omega 500 support an external USB keyboard (got a wireless Logitech K400) for gameplay (i.e. arrows for movement, custom key for fire)?

Thanks in advance!

Cheers,
JP
IIRC, Omega500 at the current time doesn't let you remap controls. galu said he'd release a new version supporting external Joypads (so who knows if it'll support Keyboards), but still nothing.
Old 26 October 2013, 14:48   #96
John Pillow

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbenam View Post
IIRC, Omega500 at the current time doesn't let you remap controls. galu said he'd release a new version supporting external Joypads (so who knows if it'll support Keyboards), but still nothing.
Thank you! Do you know if is there any other Amiga emulator for Android that supports keyboards?

Cheerio,
JP
Old 01 November 2013, 13:59   #97
jbenam
Italian Amiga Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Pillow View Post
Thank you! Do you know if is there any other Amiga emulator for Android that supports keyboards?

Cheerio,
JP
I've got 'em all except P-UAE, so I'll make a quick test:

AnUAE4All: Yes, works as a keyboard, you can also use WASD+Space or NUMPAD to control joystick on your BT keyboard. Has the most horrible on-screen Joystick controls. Also, one of the most compatible emus out there, thanks to the fact you can ACTUALLY select 512kb slow RAM in your config and that has the "slow down" mode, which lets you play games like ICFTD.

Omega 500: Best touch controls around. BT Keyboard doesn't work. No support either for Joystick controls. No support for 512kb Slow RAM either. You're kinda screwed if you want/need to change something from the default config.

UAE4ALL 2.0: Works as keyboard, also it has Joystick directions mapped to the arrow keys and you can remap stuff in the SDL config, but it doesn't explicitly talk about Joystick mappings. I've found that on-screen Key #2 is mapped to CTRL, but my BT keyboard only has a single CTRL, so I can't test if on-screen Key #1 (Fire button) is mapped to something or not. I guess that by trying a lot you could find the internal keyboard mapped key for #1, but I couldn't manage to do it. Probably the most configurable emu out there when it comes to settings. All memory sizes are there, also supports HD images AND dirs.

UAE4Droid: Works as keyboard, lets you remap Joystick controls to Keyboard, too! Also supports 512KB slow RAM. Horrible horrible touchscreen-based Mouse controls. They're TOTALLY screwed up on my device. Also has the big issue that the Joystick FIRE BUTTON is mysteriously mapped to Mouse Left-click, too. Which makes games like ICFTD unplayable (pause screen comes up with left-click). I've mailed the author numerous times on this issue, never got a definitive answer Anyway, gets a lot of features from UAE4All 2.0, so it's a kinda feature-full emu.

That's it
Old 01 November 2013, 15:17   #98
FOL
PSPUAE DEV

Send a message via MSN to FOL
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbenam View Post
I've got 'em all except P-UAE, so I'll make a quick test:

AnUAE4All: Yes, works as a keyboard, you can also use WASD+Space or NUMPAD to control joystick on your BT keyboard. Has the most horrible on-screen Joystick controls. Also, one of the most compatible emus out there, thanks to the fact you can ACTUALLY select 512kb slow RAM in your config and that has the "slow down" mode, which lets you play games like ICFTD.

Omega 500: Best touch controls around. BT Keyboard doesn't work. No support either for Joystick controls. No support for 512kb Slow RAM either. You're kinda screwed if you want/need to change something from the default config.

UAE4ALL 2.0: Works as keyboard, also it has Joystick directions mapped to the arrow keys and you can remap stuff in the SDL config, but it doesn't explicitly talk about Joystick mappings. I've found that on-screen Key #2 is mapped to CTRL, but my BT keyboard only has a single CTRL, so I can't test if on-screen Key #1 (Fire button) is mapped to something or not. I guess that by trying a lot you could find the internal keyboard mapped key for #1, but I couldn't manage to do it. Probably the most configurable emu out there when it comes to settings. All memory sizes are there, also supports HD images AND dirs.

UAE4Droid: Works as keyboard, lets you remap Joystick controls to Keyboard, too! Also supports 512KB slow RAM. Horrible horrible touchscreen-based Mouse controls. They're TOTALLY screwed up on my device. Also has the big issue that the Joystick FIRE BUTTON is mysteriously mapped to Mouse Left-click, too. Which makes games like ICFTD unplayable (pause screen comes up with left-click). I've mailed the author numerous times on this issue, never got a definitive answer Anyway, gets a lot of features from UAE4All 2.0, so it's a kinda feature-full emu.

That's it
PUAE lets you use Keyboard, It should also allow remapping, but you would need to edit the config file to suit your needs.
As PUAE is ment to be as close to WinUAE as possible, you can use WinUAE config files.
Old 01 November 2013, 15:18   #99
Methanoid
Retired Quartex Sysop

Someone should email all the authors pointing then to this comparison...REALLY!!!
Old 01 November 2013, 15:23   #100
FOL
PSPUAE DEV

Send a message via MSN to FOL
Quote:
Originally Posted by Methanoid View Post
Someone should email all the authors pointing then to this comparison...REALLY!!!
For me, PUAE is the best, as its basically like WinUAE. Has all the options and speed isn't to bad once you get it tweaked right, .

UAE4ALL2, is ok, but it doesn't support custom kickstarts and running 3.9 on it BB2 causes to reset to kickstart screen and ignore HDF, you have to reset again and it continues booting.