English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.Hardware

Old Yesterday, 11:50   #81
FOL
PSPUAE DEV

Send a message via MSN to FOL
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexh View Post
He wanted to boot from IDE. But somehow boot priority was brcm-sdhc.device first and something on the SD card was enough for it to be active.

I wonder if it is possible to change boot priority using early-startup in Kickstart ROM and boot from IDE but keep brcm-sdhc.device active so he could later partition this drive and copy over his files from CF card?

I have tried with both IDE and SD, its a nightmare.
With IDE connected, it adds 20 secs to bootup. Remove IDE and it boots instantly.

Then it would hang randomly on booting with both enabled. Gave up in end, as we have PCMCIA, WIFI and Pi SD boot partition.
I normally make Pi boot 1GB, as I use it to back up and in a pinch, remove it and copy files to that partition, which is seen in Workbench.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomcat666 View Post
Please come to the official pistorm discord ( https://discord.gg/GaRkWesE ) channel #pistorm32-support and we will help you debug the issue. There are several possibilities to check.
They already solved. Apparently adding sd.disable fixed boot issues. However means they can't use SD as HDD.