English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Main > Amiga scene

Old 12 October 2017, 13:38   #81
robinsonb5

That is looking superb - very polished!
Old 12 October 2017, 17:42   #82
Amiga1992

Well fuck, that looks brilliant! Let us pre-order a digital copy mate!

I think it just looks and feels really, really good! I would work some on game design elements though, I hope you nail that down before release, I think you have the looks nailed (and the music is awesome too!), but you could tweak the game itself a whole bunch for perfection. You have a brute diamond in your hands, keep polishing it til it's shiny and amazing!

Things I would suggest (that you might be aware of already, so sorry if I sound like a broken record)

- Weapon powerups should make weapon noticeably different in looks and range. So far it looks like maybe its power/rate is affected? But it's always a straight laser shot. Would be good to get something wider, or beam-y, or scatter-y, dunno, some variety not only in how it looks, but how it works besides "it inflicts more damage". A wide spreading weapon changes the way you deal with attack waves, for example.

- Level design. Some sections of the demo seem a bit empty, some too packed. Would go for an average!

- Enemies. I noticed near the end there were some enemies that shot a lot and no matter how much you shot them, they didn't die. I remember this from Reshoot, there were some impossibly tough enemies that weren't bosses. I would tone that down, especially if they are firing a wide bullet array. Making a game hard as nails is a good thing, especially on a shmup, but this is just a bit unbalanced, this kind of enemy looked unfair instead of hard.

Again these are just opinions from a moron on a forum after seeing a video, feel free to disregard, but do not take them negatively, it comes from excitement about the game you will deploy to us in the future!

Keep up the great work and keep us posted with progress

(I also was wondering what was up with the video, seems like it's stuttering. No idea why.)
Old 12 October 2017, 17:56   #83
DamienD
Banned

You know Akira; these were exact my thoughts when I watched the video this morning but have been too busy to give feedback:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akira View Post
- Weapon powerups should make weapon noticeably different in looks and range. So far it looks like maybe its power/rate is affected? But it's always a straight laser shot. Would be good to get something wider, or beam-y, or scatter-y, dunno, some variety not only in how it looks, but how it works besides "it inflicts more damage". A wide spreading weapon changes the way you deal with attack waves, for example.

- Enemies. I noticed near the end there were some enemies that shot a lot and no matter how much you shot them, they didn't die. I remember this from Reshoot, there were some impossibly tough enemies that weren't bosses. I would tone that down, especially if they are firing a wide bullet array. Making a game hard as nails is a good thing, especially on a shmup, but this is just a bit unbalanced, this kind of enemy looked unfair instead of hard.
Old 12 October 2017, 17:57   #84
Tigerskunk
Inviyya Dude!

Looks super nice...
Old 12 October 2017, 18:01   #85
Amiga1992

I love the blue foggy thing over the level, how the hell did you do that? Looks so cool.
Old 12 October 2017, 20:07   #86
buzzybee

Hi guys!

First of all thanks a lot for sharing your impressions. Glad most of you like what they see.

Please keep in mind that this is just a glimpse of an alpha version. I knocked out the attack patterns basically in the night before RESHOOT Rs debut at gamescom; prior to that I almost solely worked on the engine.

Therefore, let me share some of my plans with you:

- There will be no attackers which are impossible to beat; maybe they need a bigger weapon though.
- There will be some bosses, too.
- Also a highscore table save function.
- The foggy thing, that Akira loves so much, will stay in there and will be accompanied by some additional visual effects.
- The game will feel faster than what can be seen in the video, and it will run totally fluent.
Old 12 October 2017, 20:41   #87
DamienD
Banned

Again, nice work Richard

To me this is much improved on the first title (which I bought anyway). I will most definitely purchase this

...did you have the chance to look at setting up an option for people to pay for pre-orders?
Old 12 October 2017, 21:06   #88
vulture

@buzzybee

Agree with everything said by Akira and DamienD. Also, yeah, the weapon appearance and type should be more varied and everything you said that will be included in the final game sounds brilliant!
Old 12 October 2017, 22:12   #89
vroom6sri

Would you consider an additional bundle purchase option I.E. Reshoot R and the original Reshoot at a slightly higher price than just Reshoot R on its own?
Old 13 October 2017, 07:11   #90
Amiga1992

I would also love a Reshoot + R digital bundle!
Old 18 October 2017, 23:56   #91
eXeler0

Great work @buzzybee, I did buy the first one, but this one looks, sounds and plays much better tbh.
Old 19 October 2017, 10:47   #92
buzzybee

@all: Thanks for your suggestions regarding digital distribution. All options are still on the cards; I like the idea of bundling the original Reshoot with Reshoot R.

@eXeler0: Not sure how you could estimate the quality of gameplay of RR, except if you played the prototype at gamescom :-) If not, please come over to Amiga32 and play Reshoot R there. Thanks for your kind words anyway, and for spending some money on the original Reshoot!
Old 20 October 2017, 01:39   #93
eXeler0

Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzybee View Post
@all: Thanks for your suggestions regarding digital distribution. All options are still on the cards; I like the idea of bundling the original Reshoot with Reshoot R.

@eXeler0: Not sure how you could estimate the quality of gameplay of RR, except if you played the prototype at gamescom :-) If not, please come over to Amiga32 and play Reshoot R there. Thanks for your kind words anyway, and for spending some money on the original Reshoot!
Well I chose my words poorly, I have not played it but I meant with respect to how you can pick up power ups and therefore attack enemies in a different manner .. more variation ion strategy if you like.
First Reshoot was very... "samey" ;-)
Old 20 October 2017, 01:58   #94
klx300r

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by vroom6sri View Post
Would you consider an additional bundle purchase option I.E. Reshoot R and the original Reshoot at a slightly higher price than just Reshoot R on its own?

+1
Old 19 December 2017, 03:39   #95
buzzybee

I´d love to add a manga comic to the release package, and also implement a couple of character stills to the game. Anyone around here interested who can draw manga style, or knows someone who is?
Old 19 December 2017, 15:28   #96
kikems

Awesome Amiga game, using low level Amiga hardware.
Old 14 February 2018, 16:07   #97
buzzybee

Thought you guys might want to have a look at the current status of RESHOOT R. It´s about time for an update: I implemented a new extra weapons system, new collission code and lots of other stuff. Please feel free to visit my Patreon-residence if you want to know more ...
Old 14 February 2018, 16:12   #98
Amiga1992

That looks fantastic. Richard, good to hear from you and Reshoot R.

Please open a pre-purchase round so we can support you!
Old 14 February 2018, 16:19   #99
Tigerskunk
Inviyya Dude!

Looks amazing...
Would love to see a youtube video of it...

Looking forward to the final game...
Old 14 February 2018, 16:21   #100
DamienD
Banned

Awesome!!! Looking very good indeed