Go Back   English Amiga Board > Main > Nostalgia & memories

Old 27 August 2009, 17:10   #81
PowerPie5000
Miggy Ate My Hamster!

My first own computer was the good old A500
Old 27 August 2009, 18:47   #82
Zandig

My first computer was the Atari 800.

Later on C64, various Amigas, Atari ST, etc.

Pretty much had them all.

The Amigas were the best!
Old 01 September 2009, 11:41   #83
Anakirob
Unregistered User

Quote:
an IBM pc... this is what got me into computers around 1990... I still have it, and I surely do not intend to throw it away, as it works flawlessly...
I'm not surprised. They don't make them like they used to. Intel+Microsoft had yet to introduce their planned obscelescence.

My first computer (that belonged to me) was A500(converted to A500+) with A590. I had 3 megs of ram, 40 megs of storage, and I was unstoppable.
Old 09 October 2009, 23:06   #84
asm1

In 1987 my parents bought me a BBC Model B... with a disk drive Gave me years of entertainment. Didn't expand it as such, although got a cable to connect it to a tape recorder..... was good fun as the library near us stocked BBC tapes as well (along with Speccy /C64 etc etc)

My mum was a teacher (no surprise where the influence to buy the BBC came from ) During the holidays she got to babysit an Electron.... brought it home to get me to show her how it worked hehe. Also borrowed a friend's Spectrum when he went on holiday. Towards the end of my time with it, the BBC managed to cook its DFS chip - was replaced twice, by a Watford Electronics one, and then when that went, an Acorn DFS chip.

The third time it failed my Brother decided it was time to replace it (Christmas '92) and I ended up with an Acorn A3010 (Green function keys woo!)..... - we used Arcs at School. That started as a Base 2MB unit - "the Family solution" I beleive the pack was called. This then got upgraded with a Hard Drive and Monitor.... and one of the "super rare" Simtec Super Turbo 4MB Ram upgrade. The monitor was one of the famous, or rather infamous "exploding" AKF-18 Acorn units..... it popped once and was repaired, by the second time it popped I had moved on to a PC...... sold it... or should I say, gave it away... is one of my enduring regrets as it was a nice example of the machine.

The recent "Micro Man" Doc/Drama about Sinclair and Acorn Computers has brought all the memories back lol..... fun times
Old 25 December 2009, 16:43   #85
mikele

little off topic, speaking of Amiga and guitar. One day I plugged my guitar to and old A600 equipped with sampler and used some sample editors (AudioMaster ?) to create effects like chorus, echo, delay all in REAL TIME! I was really amazed when I found that feature, because guitar effects were pricey in the early 90s!
Old 25 December 2009, 21:26   #86
Thorham
Computer Nerd

My first computer was the good old C64 with a tape recorder. Man, I was so happy with it back then. Can't imagine what I'd do with it today, though. Great times, but today it's Amiga all the way for me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikele View Post
little off topic, speaking of Amiga and guitar. One day I plugged my guitar to and old A600 equipped with sampler and used some sample editors (AudioMaster ?) to create effects like chorus, echo, delay all in REAL TIME! I was really amazed when I found that feature, because guitar effects were pricey in the early 90s!
You know what they say: Only Amiga makes it possible
Old 25 December 2009, 21:31   #87
ck1200
CBM & Retro Mad

Send a message via MSN to ck1200 Send a message via Yahoo to ck1200
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorham View Post
My first computer was the good old C64 with a tape recorder. Man, I was so happy with it back then. Can't imagine what I'd do with it today, though. Great times, but today it's Amiga all the way for me.
You know what they say: Only Amiga makes it possible
It was the c64 for mr back in the day, i still got one now but the tape player is dying a death slowly :/

but the amiga's see the most use apart from the pc
Old 25 December 2009, 21:35   #88
Anemos
70X7

Ahhh.. memorys..

My first handless ..

My first computer..

Old 25 December 2009, 21:53   #89
ck1200
CBM & Retro Mad

Send a message via MSN to ck1200 Send a message via Yahoo to ck1200
Wow, that hand held game brought back a memory jolt, i remember i was bought a small hand held mario bros game with a dual screen i still have it somewhere i'm sure :/
Old 25 December 2009, 23:43   #90
Dastardly
Into the Wonderful

The first computer I ever owned myself was a Vic 20 that I won in a raffle at a summer fete

Unfortunately for the Vic, we already had my dad's C64 in the house, so the Vic didn't get much love.
Old 26 December 2009, 14:55   #91
mancalledSun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anemos View Post
Ahhh.. memorys..

My first computer..
Same here! The volume control on the separate tape deck was such a pain so my dad made a little notch on the wheel so that I knew the best position.

Some years later I was brought a +2 for Christmas/Birthday (can't remember which as they're within a week of each other!) so the volume problems soon disappeared. Now THAT was a good day. Almost as good as the day when I got a 2nd floppy drive for my A500!

Old 26 December 2009, 15:45   #92
coze
hastala vista winny vista

Send a message via ICQ to coze Send a message via Yahoo to coze
my first computer was a Laser 80, which was a TSR clone ... I had only 4 games for it, tape loading . A tron clone, a jumpman clone, and two other weird games ... I was only 5 then though, so I didn't even realise it sucked. A couple of years later my parents gave me a C64, which was godsend ! (even though I didn't have the floppy)
Old 27 December 2009, 11:14   #93
cosmicfrog
The 1 who ribbits

Send a message via MSN to cosmicfrog
mine was a zx81

remember doing that with my sampler mikele, was and am still disappointing that a pc dos`t do anything like the effects I could do with an a500/a1200 and sampler in real time,
though I recently discovered frutiloops can do similar