English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.FS-UAE

Old 18 October 2015, 20:42   #961
FrodeSolheim
FS-UAE Developer

I have now posted updated QEMU-UAE plugins (based on QEMU 2.4.0.1) including x86-64 builds

On an unrelated note: if someone is interested in static and self-contained builds of fs-uae.exe for Windows, that's available here (2.7.3dev):
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/1vuodhdfm...tRga5fMWa?dl=0 (Libraries and data files are included in fs-uae.exe)
Old 18 October 2015, 20:45   #962
jbl007

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrodeSolheim View Post
I'm also writing new and improved documentation for everything keyboard related:
https://github.com/FrodeSolheim/fs-u...cs/keyboard.md (if you read this, please let me know if you find errors, spelling - or more serious ones).
Section "Custom shortcuts and emulation": keyboard_ctrl_p -> keyboard_key_ctrl_p. Same for the other examples.
Old 19 October 2015, 03:53   #963
ztronzo

Suggestions!

Hello Frode! You are doing an excellent job!! Keep up the good work!
May I suggest a few options you may add for any future releases?

a) There seems there isnt any shortcut to reduce the floppy sound while in game, and sometimes it seems very annoying for stuck drives!
May I suggest something similar as you have the F12+<> (for the general volume) but for the floppy drives? or maybe add a function for floppy_drive_sound=off so we can use it with a keyboard_key?

The option is very useful for when I use the netplay features cause we all use the same configuration file...

b) Could you add 3 more custom joyports? that way I we can select which joystick to map specific keyboard buttons for 4+ player games that only allow 2 joysticks + keyboard keys for the rest of the players for games such as Tanx n Stuff, Ebonstar, BombX etc. as example:
joystick_port_4_mode = joystick
also to make use of:
joystick_port_5_mode = joystick
joystick_port_6_mode = joystick
joystick_port_7_mode = joystick

Thanks in advance
John
Old 20 October 2015, 13:54   #964
esc

Quote:
Just replace the FS-UAE apps with the x86-64 versions, and download the x86-64 versions of the plugins as well (they can be co-installed with the 32-bit x86 versions).

I haven't published the 64-bit versions of qemu-uae yet. I'll try to make that happen tonight

Same as for 32-bit version, use option jit_compiler = 1. Benefit is *much* faster m68k emulation compared to non-JIT version if you want to emulate a high-end Amiga. You don't want to use it if accuracy is the primary goal.
Hey Frode,

I noticed using jit is extremely fast. Which is great! But why won't it work with MMU at the same time?

Old 20 October 2015, 22:59   #965
FrodeSolheim
FS-UAE Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbl007 View Post
And because actions pref/next alone do nothing perhaps also map the audio-play key to action_disk_swapper_insert_0.
Yes

Quote:
Section "Custom shortcuts and emulation": keyboard_ctrl_p -> keyboard_key_ctrl_p. Same for the other examples.
Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by ztronzo View Post
May I suggest something similar as you have the F12+<> (for the general volume) but for the floppy drives? or maybe add a function for floppy_drive_sound=off so we can use it with a keyboard_key?
I'll add a key combo / action to toggle floppy sounds.

Quote:
b) Could you add 3 more custom joyports? that way I we can select which joystick to map specific keyboard buttons for 4+ player games that only allow 2 joysticks + keyboard keys for the rest of the players for games such as Tanx n Stuff, Ebonstar, BombX etc.
Just to be clear, there exists at least one game which support two joysticks and *four* simultaneous keyboard players?

Quote:
Originally Posted by esc View Post
Hey Frode, I noticed using jit is extremely fast. Which is great! But why won't it work with MMU at the same time?
MMU means that Amiga memory accesses are configurable (address translation, memory protection). The JIT compiler simply does not have the code to support this. Someone would actually have to implement it (not likely to happen).
Old 21 October 2015, 03:03   #966
ztronzo

Smile

Quote:
Just to be clear, there exists at least one game which support two joysticks and *four* simultaneous keyboard players?
Actually only I know only public domain games...
DynAMite = 8 players bomberman clone
MegaBlast = 6 player (bomberman clone)
Wormsigns = 12 players
6tris = 6 player (tetris!)
Sneech = 6 players (tron/snake like)

:-)

So the answer for official games is no!
But it would be useful to have them as ready mapped profiles!
That would help me very much because on a side project Im sharing the same configuration for netplay connections, to make it easy for everyone connecting I can have pre-selected profile joysticks to keyboard mappings for each unique game! for games such as "Tanx n Stuff" "Super Grand Prix" etc.

Since you already have the function joystick_port_4 ready! thought it would be as easy as just adding the same function used for joystick_port_4 and changing the sequence of numbers in the source code :-)

Any response is acceptable!
Thanks for your time and keep up your great work!
Old 21 October 2015, 20:56   #967
FrodeSolheim
FS-UAE Developer

Quote:
Since you already have the function joystick_port_4 ready! thought it would be as easy as just adding the same function used for joystick_port_4 and changing the sequence of numbers in the source code :-)
Well, there was more than enough space in the "F12 menu", so I have added the ports (https://github.com/FrodeSolheim/fs-u...f8aafbe216fa23).

(These additional ports are config-file only and not visible in FS-UAE Launcher, at least for now).
Old 21 October 2015, 22:41   #968
ztronzo

Quote:
Well, there was more than enough space in the "F12 menu", so I have added the ports (https://github.com/FrodeSolheim/fs-u...f8aafbe216fa23).

(These additional ports are config-file only and not visible in FS-UAE Launcher, at least for now).
Thanks! That is excellent!!! You are the best!
I see you did a smart coding so in case anyone needs to add more custom port mappings in the future!! :-)
Config-only works for me! I never use the gui except for when testing different CPU modes or to configure a non-compatible joystick :-)
Cant wait to try the new 2.7.4dev :-)

Last edited by ztronzo; 21 October 2015 at 23:03.
Old 22 October 2015, 10:27   #969
Foul

Send a message via ICQ to Foul Send a message via MSN to Foul
Just compiled latest version downloaded from Git and it tell me it's FS-UAE 2.7.2dev version ??? not 2.7.3

And still crashing at start...
Attached Files
File Type: uae debug.uae (4.2 KB, 95 views)
File Type: txt fs-uae.log.txt (42.2 KB, 113 views)
Old 22 October 2015, 12:34   #970
FrodeSolheim
FS-UAE Developer

@Foul I can only assume you either compiled the new version and ran an old one, or you haven't pulled updated code from github. If you look in configure.ac on github, the version is 2.7.3dev: https://github.com/FrodeSolheim/fs-u...r/configure.ac.
Old 22 October 2015, 12:42   #971
Foul

Send a message via ICQ to Foul Send a message via MSN to Foul
not impossible will check asap

edit : as usual, you were right ! i was launching the one installed by the Ubuntu package.. not the one compiled

Last edited by Foul; 22 October 2015 at 13:58.
Old 23 October 2015, 00:44   #972
FrodeSolheim
FS-UAE Developer

Quote:
Yeah, I like that. And because actions pref/next alone do nothing perhaps also map the audio-play key to action_disk_swapper_insert_0.
* Added support for audioprev, audionext, audiostop, audioplay keys.
* Map audioprev, audionext and audioplay to disk swapper actions by default.
* Show on-screen messages when using disk swapper prev/next/insert actions.

Available on github now
Old 23 October 2015, 10:12   #973
jbl007

Quote:
* Map audioprev, audionext and audioplay to disk swapper actions by default.
* Show on-screen messages when using disk swapper prev/next/insert actions.
Works like charm, thanks a lot! Finally we have a very convenient way for swapping disks. If someone doesn't have a "multimedia keyboard", it is not a biggy. You can still map the swapper actions to other keys for example like this:
Code:
keyboard_key_insert = action_disk_swapper_insert_0
keyboard_key_pageup = action_disk_swapper_next
keyboard_key_pagedown = action_disk_swapper_prev
So if a game requests to swap the the disk, press PageUp/PageDown to choose the disk and then press Insert key to insert into DF0. There is no need to go to the (F12-)menu.
Old 23 October 2015, 18:22   #974
Romanujan

Frode, it would be nice to have the possibility to share some parts of the configuration (especially the keyboard mapping) among several FS-UAE configurations. Did you consider adding some kind of 'include' directive to the configuration file syntax?
Old 24 October 2015, 17:04   #975
jbl007

Quote:
Originally Posted by Romanujan View Post
Frode, it would be nice to have the possibility to share some parts of the configuration (especially the keyboard mapping) among several FS-UAE configurations. Did you consider adding some kind of 'include' directive to the configuration file syntax?
If you use the launcher write your options to Settings/Advanced Settings.
If you do not use the launcher write your options to Configurations/Host.fs-uae.
Old 25 October 2015, 12:39   #976
Romanujan

You are right, this will solve the problem. I didn't realize we have the Host.fs-uae.
Old 26 October 2015, 23:19   #977
FrodeSolheim
FS-UAE Developer

A new development version has been released. Changes in FS-UAE 2.7.4dev:
  • New action_mute_floppy_sounds, mapped to MOD+N by default.
  • Added support for audioprev, audionext, audiostop, audioplay keys.
  • Map audioprev, audionext and audioplay to disk swapper actions by default.
  • Show on-screen messages when using disk swapper prev/next/insert actions.
  • New option relative_paths (see docs).
  • Support for three additional custom “joystick ports” (maps to Amiga keys).
  • Also recognize .ipf and .dms floppy paths as standalone parameters.
  • Fixed building with ./configure –-disable-drivesound –-disable-slirp –-disable-prowizard -–disable-cdtv -–disable-savestate -–disable-parallel-port and others.
  • Can build with many CPU emu cores disabled.
  • Some cleanup in the configure script.
  • Remove dependency on GLU.
  • Do not use built-in libmpeg2.
  • Imported updated translations from crowdin.com.
  • Updated emulation core from WinUAE 3200b18.
Changes in FS-UAE Launcher 2.7.4dev:
  • Fixed bug when base-dir in config file had a trailing slash.
  • Imported updated translations from crowdin.com.
Old 27 October 2015, 11:40   #978
esc

Hey Frode,

Will any of these new compilation options assist in trying to get this working in a headless (i.e., vnc only, no physical output for graphics) linux environment? I'm using e-uae on a cloud droplet and it's horrendous.

Old 27 October 2015, 12:40   #979
FrodeSolheim
FS-UAE Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by esc View Post
Will any of these new compilation options assist in trying to get this working in a headless (i.e., vnc only, no physical output for graphics) linux environment? I'm using e-uae on a cloud droplet and it's horrendous.
No, it's only useful to reduce the size of the fs-uae executable by removing features (and in some cases to "fix" compilation issues by disabling problematic features). All in all, the new configure options are not very useful in general...
Old 27 October 2015, 13:05   #980
esc

Ah, ok. I'll keep going with e-uae in this case on my server. Dang