English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.Hardware

Old 10 July 2017, 07:38   #941
Hedeon
Semi-Retired

That's a weird tc_state. If it is really waiting for a semaphore then I still think it is a conflict with some software as there is no direct usage of a semaphore in either initppc or powerpc library
Old 10 July 2017, 09:09   #942
Hedeon
Semi-Retired

Quote:
Originally Posted by starship View Post
Hi.
Have anybody successed to run ifusionppc?
It is not supported. iFusion uses some very specialized WarpOS functions that I haven't been able to crack.

I might have something in the near future regarding something else, though. If you can decipher why the latest updates to the sonnet library were made.
Old 14 July 2017, 23:11   #943
grelbfarlk

If anyone is interested I found a WarpOS version of BOR or Beats of Rage. I'm not totally clear on what the compatibility is-if any between OpenBOR and BOR but it runs well other than taking forever to extract the .pak file on launch. I tried one of the mods for it or alternate .paks which include different levels, characters-basically a different game in the same engine but it didn't work.
Old 14 July 2017, 23:49   #944
amigoun

Quote:
Hi.
Have anybody successed to run ifusionppc?
At a time it was very picky and worked only with CSPPC (with specific included warpos.lib) and never worked with BPPC. From what I know, it does not work on WinUAE PPC emulation yet.
If Hedeon sometimes manage to make it work on sonnet, it would be certainly a huge achievement, that would bring new possibilities, as WOS software base is very limited.
Old 15 July 2017, 00:43   #945
grelbfarlk

Quote:
Originally Posted by amigoun View Post
At a time it was very picky and worked only with CSPPC (with specific included warpos.lib) and never worked with BPPC. From what I know, it does not work on WinUAE PPC emulation yet.
If Hedeon sometimes manage to make it work on sonnet, it would be certainly a huge achievement, that would bring new possibilities, as WOS software base is very limited.
Actually the legend about Ifusion requiring a specific version of Powerpc.library or warp.library is just a legend as in not really true. I have the Ifusion disc and it just has a normal version of WarpOS 16.1 on it. It doesn't work with the bugfixed WarpOS 16.1 beta however.

Perhaps the first version 1.0 maybe required a special supplied powerpc.library-that's possible, but the latest 1.3 just uses normal WarpOS 5.1 or powerpc.library 16.1.

Maybe it would just be easier to port Sheepshaver or Bochs (DOSBox) or something. Port an emulator and it works well that's dozens or hundreds of new apps available.
Old 15 July 2017, 01:32   #946
amigoun

Quote:
Originally Posted by grelbfarlk View Post
... Maybe it would just be easier to port Sheepshaver or Bochs (DOSBox) or something. Port an emulator and it works well that's dozens or hundreds of new apps available.
Completly agreed.
Old 15 July 2017, 05:53   #947
Hedeon
Semi-Retired

Quote:
Originally Posted by grelbfarlk View Post
If anyone is interested I found a WarpOS version of BOR or Beats of Rage. I'm not totally clear on what the compatibility is-if any between OpenBOR and BOR but it runs well other than taking forever to extract the .pak file on launch. I tried one of the mods for it or alternate .paks which include different levels, characters-basically a different game in the same engine but it didn't work.
Do a before and after GetInfo to see how much the DSI emulation number has risen. Maybe some stuff is done in very slow (for the PPC) Amiga memory.
Old 15 July 2017, 15:54   #948
grelbfarlk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hedeon View Post
Do a before and after GetInfo to see how much the DSI emulation number has risen. Maybe some stuff is done in very slow (for the PPC) Amiga memory.
Fixed. Now it takes 1-2 minutes to launch instead of 15-20 minutes. It was hunting for files through the .pak using \ instead of / .

Uploaded it to Aminet.

Last edited by grelbfarlk; 15 July 2017 at 18:17.
Old 16 July 2017, 01:24   #949
starship

Downloaded. Bor_original working good on sonnet with long loading time. With BOR not loading same .pak ( gouls n ghosts return ) and closing.It gives font error.

Last edited by starship; 16 July 2017 at 01:53.
Old 16 July 2017, 02:13   #950
grelbfarlk

Quote:
Downloaded. Bor_original working good on sonnet with long loading time. With BOR not loading same .pak ( gouls n ghosts return ) and closing.It gives font error.
That's odd. Are you launching from the icon? Where's the .pak you're using? I didn't try launching from the icon and only used the original Beats of Rage .pak, I launched from the cli CD'ed to the directory the executable was in (I no talk good right now).

I found Ghouls and Ghosts Demo and that worked with the modified version, you have to extract the pack and still have the data in /data/ directory. Which sort of sucks since you'd have to rename the data directory for each mod to /data/ first.

Last edited by grelbfarlk; 16 July 2017 at 04:59.
Old 16 July 2017, 16:59   #951
starship

I am using it from cli.
Tried original beatsofrage.pak on BOR modified. Working good.
Old 16 July 2017, 17:03   #952
grelbfarlk

Crisis Evil 2 works too, same as the other, extract .pak file, with folder named data. Launched with Bor -pakfile crisisevil2.pak.
Old 16 July 2017, 19:12   #953
starship

Tried Avengers and xmen vs street fighter. works.
Art of fighting: gives error,
Command 'ajspecial' not understood in file 'data/models.txt'!
Golden axe legend: gives error,
command 'nolost' not understood in file 'data/models.txt'!
Metal slug: gives error,
Command 'autoland' not understood in file 'data/models.txt'!

Last edited by starship; 16 July 2017 at 19:56.
Old 16 July 2017, 23:29   #954
starship

Hi trixster. Did you solve your problem?
Old 17 July 2017, 01:29   #955
grelbfarlk

Quote:
Tried Avengers and xmen vs street fighter. works.
Art of fighting: gives error,
Command 'ajspecial' not understood in file 'data/models.txt'!
Golden axe legend: gives error,
command 'nolost' not understood in file 'data/models.txt'!
Metal slug: gives error,
Command 'autoland' not understood in file 'data/models.txt'!
Pretty sure it's because this is BOR not OpenBOR. Most of the mods that work are old ones that were built for the original BOR engine and it doesn't understand all the extra stuff in OpenBOR.
Old 17 July 2017, 05:33   #956
starship

Sure. But some games work. That is perfect and nice. Thank you for uploading.
Old 17 July 2017, 07:35   #957
trixster
Guru Meditating

Quote:
Hi trixster. Did you solve your problem?
Hello! Sadly I don't have much time for the Amiga at the moment and this problem goes unresolved. Sometimes it works, mostly it doesn't
Old 17 July 2017, 08:10   #958
starship

When you have time, put hair dryer to sonnets back and to front 1 minute. Amiga must be closed. When you heat the card open amiga and quickly initppc. It can be a cold solder point.
Old 17 July 2017, 09:49   #959
spudje

Grrr, my Sonnet memory still hasn't arrived, so no experimenting from my side yet.
Old 17 July 2017, 12:30   #960
trixster
Guru Meditating

Quote:
When you have time, put hair dryer to sonnets back and to front 1 minute. Amiga must be closed. When you heat the card open amiga and quickly initppc. It can be a cold solder point.
If it's a software issue I will get to the bottom of it eventually; if it's a hardware issue then I'll send the card to someone clever to diagnose and hopefully fix the problem.