English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Other Projects > project.GameBase Amiga

Old 07 May 2018, 20:32   #881
DamienD
Banned

Well you know my opinion mcgeezer, it's friggin' awesome

Definitely the game of the last update pack without a doubt

...and I've tried / played all your betas thoroughly, seen it get better each time somehow with additions / improvements.

It wouldn't be in my collection and updated immediately if Bomb Jack Beer Edition didn't rock!!!

When I load WinUAE what's the last and first game I currently play (and have done in between working on updates over the past month or so)

Last edited by DamienD; 07 May 2018 at 21:20.
Old 09 May 2018, 15:07   #882
DamienD
Banned

Not bad, 60,000 views to this thread in less than 4 months

Old 09 May 2018, 15:28   #883
Gryzor

Best thing since double-sided disks
Old 09 May 2018, 15:39   #884
ransom1122

60k is good
But the 99% full inbox is a worry
Old 09 May 2018, 16:15   #885
Boulder

There's quite a big demand for things like this. I think that also other systems would benefit from such a readily setup collection, it's just extremely time consuming to start putting things together (as DD very well knows). With such collections, you can also find some hidden gems that you either forgot a long time ago or never even knew about.
Old 09 May 2018, 16:23   #886
DamienD
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boulder View Post
There's quite a big demand for things like this. I think that also other systems would benefit from such a readily setup collection, it's just extremely time consuming to start putting things together (as DD very well knows). With such collections, you can also find some hidden gems that you either forgot a long time ago or never even knew about.
Well, I did also do an SNES DVD many moons ago... the batch file that takes care of setting up / applying all selected options took me months to perfect

... DamienD's SNES DVD... [REVAMP]
... DamienD's SNES DVD...

I've also created a N64 DVD but never shared this as yet...
Old 09 May 2018, 18:32   #887
thairacerjp

Hi Damien, now 60,128 view cause me lol ! such a nice work ! and thanks for share
Old 10 May 2018, 01:54   #888
sardines

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boulder View Post

If you do some searching Synchro did a few of these - for the Amiga, C64, MAme, snes. Uncertain if they will work on W10 as they came out back in 2011 I think so more Windows 7. They were nowhere as comprehensive as DamienD Amiga work - more a show case of titles
Old 12 May 2018, 21:46   #889
DamienD
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by DamienD View Post
Given that mcgeezer has released a new, huge update to Bomb Jack Beer Edition; it would be rude not to update this immediately

So do the following:

... Delete the directory "C:\WinUAE\Games\Bomb Jack Beer Edition".
... Dowload the attached and extract into "C:\WinUAE".
Quote:
Well you know my opinion mcgeezer, it's friggin' awesome

Definitely the game of the last update pack without a doubt

...and I've tried / played all your betas thoroughly, seen it get better each time somehow with additions / improvements.

It wouldn't be in my collection and updated immediately if Bomb Jack Beer Edition didn't rock!!!

When I load WinUAE what's the last and first game I currently play (and have done in between working on updates over the past month or so)

<snip>
Given that mcgeezer has released the final version of Bomb Jack Beer Edition, blah, blah, blah

So do the following:

... Delete the directory "C:\WinUAE\Games\Bomb Jack Beer Edition".
... Dowload the attached and extract into "C:\WinUAE".

Last edited by DamienD; 23 May 2018 at 19:31.
Old 14 May 2018, 14:35   #890
zoodah

Has anyone ever gotten Lode Runner to work? I've tried 3 different Amiga emulators with the .adf and the one in Damien's collection but after it says click to start game it goes nowhere.
Old 14 May 2018, 17:39   #891
subone

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoodah View Post
Has anyone ever gotten Lode Runner to work? I've tried 3 different Amiga emulators with the .adf and the one in Damien's collection but after it says click to start game it goes nowhere.

Hold "left" and press "fire" simultaneously at the title screen
Old 14 May 2018, 18:45   #892
zoodah

Quote:
Originally Posted by subone View Post
Thanks but not working for me. Guess I'll stick with the clone Mine Runner for Amiga.
Old 15 May 2018, 01:44   #893
ransom1122

Quote:
Weird... Change your Joystick to Port 1. And hold Left and Fire to Choose Lode Runner.

Then joystick fire at this screen

Then joystick fire at this screen

Change Windows mouse back to to Port 1 & Joystick to Port 2 & Hold Left & Fire at this screen

And the game starts

Old 15 May 2018, 01:52   #894
Sinphaltimus

^^^Achievement unlocked!^^^
Old 15 May 2018, 02:45   #895
TroyWilkins

Great work Random1122!

And absolutely fantastic job on this collection DamienD, thank you so very much.

I was never a huge gamer back in the day, I'm still not now. While I played and enjoyed games on a number of different platforms - Atari 400, Commodore Vic 20, '286 PC, Sega Master System, Super Nintendo, Amiga 1200, '486 PC, CD32, Playstation, Pentium 233MMX, Playstation 2, Athlon XP 1800, XBox 360, yada yada yada.

Perhaps strangely, I probably played games on the Amiga the least, and even on other platforms I was always what would be classed as a casual gamer, very rarely ever finishing a game, maybe getting about half way if it was one that I really enjoyed, but often not finishing because I lacked the required skill at the game, or because I simply lost interest. For me, messing with DPaint, PPaint, Imagine, AMOS, and much, much more, always appealed to me more then playing a game on my Amiga.

Back then, I'd usually play a game on my Sega Master System instead, although the few titles I had on my CD32 later took over from the Sega, until the Playstation took it's place.

Also, in my defence, by the time I got into the Amiga, it was after Commodore had gone under, and where I was, there were only a relatively few places I could get games from anyway, and most of the Amiga software I got was in the form of coverdisks on Amiga mags, most shipped over to Melbourne, Australia from the UK.

I didn't know anyone else with an Amiga, nor did I have access to software any other way, asides from the occasional download from a BBS (yes, I know, naughty, but I could count on one hand the number of games I acquired this way.

So I'd see games advertised and reviewed in the magazines, I'd play the demo versions on coverdisks, but 99% of the time, that was about the limit of my exposure to the gaming scene on the Amiga.

Because of my platform gaming experience being 99.9% on SMS and SNES, the few times I did try a platformer on the Amiga, the whole 'up to jump' thing was just too alien to me, and never came naturally to me.

Now, with this wonderful collection, I'm really getting my eyes opened up to all the gems I missed out on. So many greats. Sure, I played some back in the day, mainly on the CD32, such as Roadkill and Pinball Fantasies, but there are so many more that I'm experiencing now for the first time.

And with my age, I've now got a greater appreciation for aspects that, back in the day, I simply didn't pay attention to. For example, I didn't used to give a rats about the music - if any - in games, as preferred to listen to my own music during the few times I did play a game. But now I understand and appreciate how important it can be to set the tone for a game, how important it can really be - be it the haunting soundtrack to SOTB (and now I understand why people say it's a great tech demo, but not a fun game), or the cheery soundtrack to Bubble bobble.

So thank you DamienD for this wonderful collection and the continued work you are doing on it.
Old 15 May 2018, 13:50   #896
zoodah

Well, thank you @ransom1122, that did the trick. I love me some Lode Runner but had to laugh after all the troubles I had getting it to run and what I ended up with. Man, these are some stiff controls!

Last edited by zoodah; 15 May 2018 at 16:34.
Old 16 May 2018, 00:53   #897
DamienD
Banned

Sorry for the very delayed response; been having extremely hurtful f$%king ex-girlfriend issues over the past month that have knocked me for six (yet again) so haven't been on EAB much or doing anything Amiga since the last update pack

Quote:
Originally Posted by subone View Post
Exactly

Quote:
Thanks but not working for me. Guess I'll stick with the clone Mine Runner for Amiga.
???

Quote:
Originally Posted by ransom1122 View Post
Weird... Change your Joystick to Port 1. And hold Left and Fire to Choose Lode Runner.

<snip>
What? Using my collection you don't need to change anything in terms of ports... it's all ready to run as is...
Old 16 May 2018, 01:00   #898
DamienD
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroyWilkins View Post
And absolutely fantastic job on this collection DamienD, thank you so very much.

<snip>

So thank you DamienD for this wonderful collection and the continued work you are doing on it.
Thanks for taking the time to give feedback, added to the 2nd post of the thread under the Various reviews: section
Old 16 May 2018, 01:25   #899
ransom1122

Quote:
What? Using my collection you don't need to change anything in terms of ports... it's all ready to run as is...
It's really strange on this screen, If you click Left mouse button nothing happens.. If you click right mouse button then left mouse button it passes this screen.
Joystick here does not work, Fire button or Left & Fire..

Old 16 May 2018, 01:33   #900
DamienD
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ransom1122 View Post
It's really strange on this screen, If you click Left mouse button nothing happens.. If you click right mouse button then left mouse button it passes this screen.
Joystick here does not work, Fire button or Left & Fire..
Ok, just tested again... at that screen the mouse controls everything i.e. moving between either of the two menu options.

All you need to do is press the <Left Mouse Button> as "LodeRunner" is already selected (unless of course you want to play with the Editor)

...it's weird that you say "If you click Left mouse button nothing happens". I've tested this 5 times now and it always progresses as it should.