English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Coders > Coders. General

Old 07 April 2016, 13:14   #821
sandruzzo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trachu View Post
Ladies and gentlemen, I feel I must make a statement.

Each of us has some talents and some things he cant do or is doing badly.
I specialize myself in image transformations and compression. Colour quantisation, psychovisualistic it is something i know the best and probably better than most of you.
I have shown the examples of my skills and i am eager to make more but I need the graphics material to work on it.

I dont have the original Ryggar sprites and dont know how to extract them. Thats the reason the work on this game died. The ones which were posted are not made on the quality level i want to achieve and know how to do that.
If someone of you knows how to do it and can provide me thsi data we can move on. Otherwise we will be stalled.

Thank you
here the link to my googledrive:

https://drive.google.com/folderview?...mM&usp=sharing

I think it's all there.

My idea: what about an original game and try to get some funding to do it as professional project?
Old 07 April 2016, 16:23   #822
nobody

As i see you stalled the project even though i gave all sprites, here are the original colors sprites that i ripped from mame before to work again. Feel free to change them to something better than dawnbringers palette

In the zone
http://download.abime.net/zone/rygar...%20sprites.zip

P.S: its only 573 colors there :P

Last edited by nobody; 07 April 2016 at 16:40.
Old 07 April 2016, 17:55   #823
Amiga1992

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandruzzo View Post
My idea: what about an original game and try to get some funding to do it as professional project?
No funding will dissolve the obvious divide that seems to be here. You guys are not vibing together very well, and it's sad, but you shouldn't push it through if it doesn't work.

If there's no "chemistry" between the parties involved, it might be necessary to find a new team that can work on it in unison. This is a hobby project and you should only work with each other if you are all mostly on the same page. When statements like the sour one from above get made, it means things stopped being fun.
Old 07 April 2016, 18:40   #824
sandruzzo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akira View Post
No funding will dissolve the obvious divide that seems to be here. You guys are not vibing together very well, and it's sad, but you shouldn't push it through if it doesn't work.

If there's no "chemistry" between the parties involved, it might be necessary to find a new team that can work on it in unison. This is a hobby project and you should only work with each other if you are all mostly on the same page. When statements like the sour one from above get made, it means things stopped being fun.
Akira, no harm to do thing well. Maybe we can stop the project and restart it well, as you suggest. On it, if we have the will!

So maybe we can do the point, and do it as it meant to be. What about working on a single level and see what will be?
Old 07 April 2016, 19:07   #825
Amiga1992

I just think the right team of peeps need to keep working on what you guys have started, so it won't die. That's all. I don't think crowdfunding will save anything at this point. The right people will, though.
Old 07 April 2016, 23:10   #826
saimon69
J.M.D - Bedroom Musician

From my point of work i already provided the game title tune and have the in-game tunes almost finished,need more polishing and a couple jingles; i just put it on hold considered that the rest was not going through
Old 07 April 2016, 23:44   #827
DamienD
Banned

I've only really quickly skimmed through most of the thread and may have missed some points so please forgive me... From what I can see and given the thread length a lot of hard work has been undertaken by all involved

I absolutely love Rygar; definitely one of the favourite arcade games from my youth

I've taken a look at the .ADF "demo" and it's very good IMHO. Would be sooooo cool to have a version on the Amiga that's close to the arcades.

I will say though, I have to agree with Akira; crowdfunding etc. is a bad idea for many reasons.

If you're doing this to earn money then ok... you could always just ask people to donate whatever they desire instead. I for one would definitely contribute to such a worthy Amiga port
Old 08 April 2016, 00:09   #828
saimon69
J.M.D - Bedroom Musician

@DamienD

in my opinion a "donate to finish" would turn on some light on the right holders and they could demand to close it, however a 'donate to suport more ports or original stuff' might work;
Old 08 April 2016, 00:24   #829
DamienD
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by saimon69 View Post
@DamienD

in my opinion a "donate to finish" would turn on some light on the right holders and they could demand to close it, however a 'donate to suport more ports or original stuff' might work;
Yeah very possible; but it's definitely a much quieter option than trying to go down the crowdfunding route as this would surely get Tecmo's interest (especially as the graphics are ripped directly from the arcade port before processing)

Anyway; I only really suggested this since it seems that in order to get this project finished some people contributing are possibly motivated by some extent to money.
Old 08 April 2016, 00:28   #830
Amiga1992

Money can't replace good vibes and people's connections, or people's motivations. That's all. This project needs a bunch of good vibes and motivation, not in the form of cash.
Old 08 April 2016, 00:42   #831
DamienD
Banned

Quote:
Money can't replace good vibes and people's connections
Totally agree, and it never will

If I had the skills to undertake this you could rest assured that I would do it for the pure love of the game, the Amiga and the community

Quote:
or people's motivations.
Money shouldn't hold too much sway or drive but from my life experiences I have to disagree here. Everyone is different / motivated by different stuff. The sad thing is that sometimes people are quite motivate by money; like it or not... (btw I'm most definitely not)

Let's put my comments in perspective though; lets say maybe 50 people actually donate whatever amount it's no big deal. It's not like doing this project is going to make all involved rich. It's more a token gesture / sign of appreciation / thank you for all the hard work and time involved.

Last edited by DamienD; 08 April 2016 at 00:49.
Old 08 April 2016, 00:56   #832
Raislin77it
Zone Friend

no no

from what i've read and remember from memory of the thread, the "maybe money" (kickstarter etc.....) is to develop a new game, gfx an all, keeping the rygar demo to assure the "future" donors of the "future" project.
from what i've understand is something like :

ok, we cannot make rygar (time,family, etc etc)
but if we create a team for a new project? (so no licence fee, payed via kickstarter or etc etc ?)

here I'm interpreting the message of sandruzzo , maybe i'm misunderstandig the latest events
Old 08 April 2016, 00:58   #833
dlfrsilver
CaptainM68K-SPS France

Send a message via MSN to dlfrsilver
Quote:
Originally Posted by nobody View Post
As i see you stalled the project even though i gave all sprites, here are the original colors sprites that i ripped from mame before to work again. Feel free to change them to something better than dawnbringers palette

In the zone
http://download.abime.net/zone/rygar...%20sprites.zip

P.S: its only 573 colors there :P
There is a problem in the amount of colors used. it's plain wrong.

It's an 8 bit game, it displays 256 colors max in a unified palette.
Old 08 April 2016, 05:35   #834
sandruzzo

I don't think money as motivation, i think them about speeding up the project. I WAS waiting alot before having some stuff to work with. that's all.
Old 08 April 2016, 13:29   #835
Tsak
Pixelglass/Reimagine

I said it before and I'll say it again: This has nothing to do with "vibes" or "chemistry" between the parties involved or even money. The fundamental problem here is that there is no actual team in place that would sit down, set goals and create a viable and constant workflow. There are only occasional contributors with no direct communication and infrequent interaction in a thread that spawns posts loosely over a long period of time.

To Sandruzzo: I've seen your work and I'm very positive that you are a capable coder. You definitely can work this out!
But to drive this project forward (or any project really, even a totally original game if that's what you really want) you need to sit down, choose your partner(s), mail or pm them directly and have a discussion about the possibility of a steady team that would make it happen. From then on it's a matter of setting some goals or milestones and getting the development ongoing. It's simple, really. All it takes is some initiative and a lot of talking with your guys to sort out the details.
You've got a nice selection of talented artists who've shown genuine interest in helping you out (Trachu f.e. shows both the skill and will), so it's only a matter of organising this into a more solid foundation.

Right now, with no team in place, no direct communication and no goals set it's more than obvious that there can be no real commitment (from all sides involved).

Just my (very) friendly 2 cents

Last edited by Tsak; 08 April 2016 at 14:15.
Old 08 April 2016, 14:35   #836
Amiga1992

That makes a lot of sense Tsak.
This game needs a project manager
Old 08 April 2016, 15:16   #837
sandruzzo

First we have to set our goal, then we can do all the rest
Old 08 April 2016, 16:57   #838
idrougge

I think sandruzzo can pull this together himself. Whenever there is progress, people in this thread would be prepared to step forth and help with graphics and sound. But only sandruzzo can do the coding, and without coding, all the graphics in the world won't help.
Old 08 April 2016, 18:24   #839
sandruzzo

Since I've lost the sign, we should have the final foreground and sprites' layer gfx so I can do it work
Old 21 April 2016, 19:16   #840
Amiten
Banned

@Sandruzzo & @all people help in here.

CONGRATULATIONS! I try the Rygar.adf in your dropBox and Looks Rock!

continue with the good Work!

all the best
Johnny