English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > News

Old 03 May 2013, 20:37   #801
Schoenfeld
electricky.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fitzsteve View Post
I want to hear from Jens
Then you're in the wrong place here - I'm not here on a regular basis, and I'm not here as "iComp", but as a private person. If you want official support, please turn to your reseller. If he does not know the answer, I'm the second in line to answer your questions. This is not a support forum.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustangjeff View Post
Is the ACA500 going to be housed in some sort of plastic/metal shell? Or is it going to be a bare circuit board plugged into the side of the A500?
Bare board. I have spent way too much money on prototypes to afford including a housing for the low target price. That said, delivery of the ACA500 PCBs is already a week overdue, so production will be delayed.

Jens
Old 03 May 2013, 20:49   #802
fitzsteve
Professional slacker!

Send a message via MSN to fitzsteve
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schoenfeld View Post
Then you're in the wrong place here - I'm not here on a regular basis, and I'm not here as "iComp", but as a private person. If you want official support, please turn to your reseller. If he does not know the answer, I'm the second in line to answer your questions. This is not a support forum.
Jens
Thanks, I appreciate the helpful reply.

As someone who has bought nearly all the Amiga related products you have released and been influential in several other people buying your products on my recommendation I'm really disappointed with that response.

A simple 'yes it exists on my site here's the link' or a 'no, it's not there yet' would have been nice.
Old 03 May 2013, 21:18   #803
Mr B

Sadly, this is Jens standard response, and in a way i understand why. If he was to spend "support time" on this forum, or any other, that means he'd have to run around in circles, and never get anything done. The resellers does indeed have the first line of support, and while it stinks that he feels he cant simply provide the support here helping everyone else in the process, it's certainly not the first time he tells us this.
Old 03 May 2013, 21:23   #804
fitzsteve
Professional slacker!

The reason I posted on the forum was to benefit others with the reply and information and on the off chance someone else here might have known the answer.

I raised a support ticket now with Amigakit and I'm waiting for their reply

Sure we can get the ACATune software from our reseller or in this thread but the fact is if the manual states you can get it from icomp.de then it should be there.
Old 03 May 2013, 21:31   #805
mfilos
Paranoid Amigoid

Then the new versions of drivers or firmwares... shouldn't have been available through forums but on Jens's website, or at least on their re-sellers website when it is available and not after weeks at best.

I don't have an issue with Jens's policy or support, but when you state on the manual that you can download ACATune from icomp.de, why you'd have to contact your reseller on the first place?
So... either place it on the icomp.de website for people that RTFM... or change the RTFM to say "for ACATune software... contact your re-seller" and noone can say or claim anything.
Old 03 May 2013, 23:07   #806
dJOS

Jens website is a mess and badly needs an update, he has products marked as coming soon the have been released for ages and yeah my aca1220 manual say acatune is on his site but ended up finding it using google posted on a forum!!
Old 04 May 2013, 01:27   #807
zharn

how many amiga manuals websites are incorrect or dont even exist anymore?

someone who is actually making new amiga products that we obviously follow with great interest i think deserves a break.

i wonder sometimes that people have nothing better than to jump on forums, if that creativity/obsession was put to good use ....
Old 04 May 2013, 02:14   #808
dJOS

Quote:
Originally Posted by zharn View Post
how many amiga manuals websites are incorrect or dont even exist anymore?

someone who is actually making new amiga products that we obviously follow with great interest i think deserves a break.

i wonder sometimes that people have nothing better than to jump on forums, if that creativity/obsession was put to good use ....
Seriously, how hard is it to have a downloads section on your website as described in your manuals?
Old 04 May 2013, 02:46   #809
zharn

Quote:
Originally Posted by dJOS View Post
Seriously, how hard is it to have a downloads section on your website as described in your manuals?
its not my website, your missing the spirit of retro.
Old 04 May 2013, 06:25   #810
dJOS

Quote:
Originally Posted by zharn View Post
its not my website, your missing the spirit of retro.
Im well aware it's Jen's website!

Riiight!
Old 04 May 2013, 10:12   #811
TCD
HOL/FTP busy bee

How many times do people have to tell you that you don't have to buy Jens' products and that's the best way to complain? You seem to be on some kind of personal crusade, but eventually you'll achieve nothing this way.
Old 04 May 2013, 10:33   #812
fitzsteve
Professional slacker!

I'm not on a personal crusade, I simply asked a simple question if the software is available as described in the manual so I could link it in my blog.
Old 04 May 2013, 11:09   #813
dJOS

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCyberDruid View Post
How many times do people have to tell you that you don't have to buy Jens' products and that's the best way to complain? You seem to be on some kind of personal crusade, but eventually you'll achieve nothing this way.
I'm not on a personal crusade, just agreeing with another member that the acatune software isn't

A/ where it should be
B/ not where My aca1220 manual says it should be

No one except the apologists is making a federal case out of this issue.

Last edited by dJOS; 04 May 2013 at 11:22.
Old 04 May 2013, 12:38   #814
Schoenfeld
electricky.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dJOS View Post
No one except the apologists is making a federal case out of this issue.
If you have a complaint about my website (something like "I can't find XY"), there is an "eMail" button on it, which opens a support ticket. Instead of elaborating here (where I don't officially read it), you could have used the time and tell me and my employees what I could improve.

While I don't think that anyone is making a "federal case" out of it, I do think that some people like to complain for the sake of complaining. /Me just being a technical guy doesn't understand this kind of behaviour. The psychology behind this must be very complex.

Jens
Old 04 May 2013, 13:13   #815
fitzsteve
Professional slacker!

@Jens, it wasn't a complaint but a simple question.

I'll use the email on your website to ask the question if that's the correct and preferred channel, I just wanted to know if the software was on your site or not as I couldn't find it to link in my review/article.

I'm shocked at how a simple question has spiraled out of control, I thought it would be ok to ask here since you already answered a lot of peoples questions about your products in this thread.
Old 04 May 2013, 13:27   #816
dJOS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schoenfeld View Post
If you have a complaint about my website (something like "I can't find XY"), there is an "eMail" button on it, which opens a support ticket. Instead of elaborating here (where I don't officially read it), you could have used the time and tell me and my employees what I could improve.

Jens
I found it using google and so didnt bother taking it any further, the only reason I chimed in was others mentioned they had the same experiance.

While I do think it wouldn't be that big a deal for you to fix it, im not going to keep harping on about it.

It's up to you if you wish to correct the oversight.

Ps, I didn't bring this up to take pot shots at you. I know we disagreed over your aca500 design but I'm not looking for reasons to have another disagreement.

Last edited by dJOS; 04 May 2013 at 13:33.
Old 04 May 2013, 16:56   #817
gnujon

Smile Nice

This is sounding like it will be great product. Especially at that low target price. I can't wait to get my hands on one. :-)

Only thing that worries me a bit is running it without a case. I always live in fear of ESD. ;-) I hope someone will make some cases.

I wonder if one of those compact flash to SD card adaptors would work ok in the secondary CF slot for file transfers?
Old 04 May 2013, 20:46   #818
lukassid

Never underestimate power of Amiga community. I'm sure nice cases will soon follow if product will be a success.
Old 04 May 2013, 21:36   #819
fitzsteve
Professional slacker!

ACATune is now in the support section of http://www.icomp.de at the very top of the list
Old 04 May 2013, 21:44   #820
Retrofan
Ruler of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by fitzsteve View Post
ACATune is now in the support section of http://www.icomp.de at the very top of the list

He, hehehe... perhaps he's sometimes rude, but he appreciates you, mate