English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Main > Retrogaming General Discussion

Old 29 August 2015, 12:39   #801
mai

Quote:
Originally Posted by meynaf View Post
DeliPlayer can play musics under win8 with xp compatibility mode, but double-clicking files doesn't appear to work - you have to open them manually.
Thanks for confirming, thats why i was looking for an alternative program!
Old 29 August 2015, 14:17   #802
mld
uade team

Quote:
Originally Posted by meynaf View Post
Even better was switching on my A1200 to listen to musics...
Full ack, native is always best...but hey, you can't have delitracker or eagleplayer play renamed two file songformats with three letter MSDOS suffixes either on an A1200 either. Use the original Amiga names and there you go... ;-)

Ok, Just kidding...
About rjp/sng: There are two formats these Richard Joseph music files can be present. Both had a different default naming convention on Amiga.
The older format is: filename.sng/ins
the newer one has rjp.filename/smp.filename or smp.set , but is a completely different one.

Both can be played with UADE here on Unix by clicking on them even with prefixes. Can't say anything about replaying with FLOD in BZR.

/e: I was wrong, both files have the same internal layout.

Last edited by mld; 29 August 2015 at 14:37.
Old 29 August 2015, 14:38   #803
meynaf
son of 68k

Quote:
Originally Posted by mld View Post
Full ack...but hey, you can't have delitracker or eagleplayer play renamed two file songformats with three letter MSDOS suffixes either on an A1200 either. Use the original Amiga names and there you go... ;-)
I have a Vectordean replayer for Amiga DT2 that supports both sng.file + ins.file and file.sng + file.ins.

Altering a few existing dt2 players to support more variants for song+sample naming shouldn't be too hard (if i can get the motivation to do it ).

Btw. Is there a way to use a DT2 player (which may be using DT2's noteplayer interface) in BZR ? DP2 did support that. Could solve many troubles.
Old 29 August 2015, 15:24   #804
mld
uade team

beats me...Blazer is a better adress to ask. Vanilla UADE should be able to ... If BZR parses eagleplayer.conf, you could add it to: ./Bzrplayer104/plugin/uade/players/

Then add a line to eagleplayer.conf like:

DaveLoweHack prefixes=dl_hack

and it should play all dl_hack files. The eagleplayer.conf line is neccessary because to prevent too much overhead with complete emulated file heuristic when parsing files over slow networks.

Noteplayer interface is not supported, because the dp2 guys told us not to use it in UADE. Use the Eagleplayer AMP interface.

PS: Maybe it's a good idea to get in contact with Don Adan, so he could add it to his replayers which even work with EP1.54 so native Amiga guys could profit from it too.

PPS: I was looking into your Maxtrax replayer... I'm working on something else atm, but is it ok to get back to you in case of questions? My french is a bit rusty ;-)

Last edited by mld; 29 August 2015 at 15:54.
Old 29 August 2015, 16:05   #805
meynaf
son of 68k

Quote:
Noteplayer interface is not supported, because the dp2 guys told us not to use it in UADE. Use the Eagleplayer AMP interface.
Honestly i don't like EP's AMP interface.
About the dp2 guys, well, perhaps they told you something long ago, but now they probably can't even be contacted anymore, so why not adding it nevertheless ?
This is about abandonware i think, and at least one of the guys is perhaps even dead...

Quote:
PS: Maybe it's a good idea to get in contact with Don Adan, so he could add it to his replayers which even work with EP1.54 so native Amiga guys could profit from it too.
You can PM him from here if you want.
He may reply positively, even though he's sometimes hard to deal with

Quote:
PPS: I was looking into your Maxtrax replayer... I'm working on something else atm, but is it ok to get back to you in case of questions? My french is a bit rusty ;-)
Feel free to get back on me any time. Be awared, however, that it comes from the original (resourced) Maxtrax player, so i can't say i know everything about it. Also my memory might be a little bit rusty as well
Old 29 August 2015, 16:52   #806
mai

Examples:
James Pond 2 - Robocod world1.rjp
doubleclick - BZR detects Richard Joseph by UADE engine - no sound

James Pond 2 AGA - James Pond 2 AGA (Bath).sng and James Pond 2 AGA (Bath).ins
doubleclick - BZR detects Richard Joseph this time by FLOD engine - works fine this time even with suffix and external sampledata

and another different behavior

Chaos Engine - title.sng and title.ins (same format as James Pond 2 AGA)
doubleclick - BZR starts, but no detection, nothing, even if i change suffix to prefix > same behavior!

One and the same format, but three different behaviors!?
Any explanation, any solution?
At least it would be nice if someone can confirm my experiences to exclude any error on my side!

Last edited by mai; 29 August 2015 at 17:09.
Old 29 August 2015, 17:19   #807
mld
uade team

@mai put it online and I'll have a look. Grüße
@meynaf merci beaucoup! C'est super!

about the noteplayer... Burned kid, shun's the fire...

Last edited by mld; 29 August 2015 at 18:07.
Old 29 August 2015, 17:23   #808
mai

Quote:
@mai put it online and I'll have a look.
Do you mean complete BZR folder and/or mentioned examples?
Old 29 August 2015, 18:00   #809
mld
uade team

Just the music files (rjp/smp & sng/ins).
Old 29 August 2015, 18:16   #810
mai

Quote:
Just the music files (rjp/smp & sng/ins).
The files are definitely valid and since you are on Linux, i dont know, if it makes sense to check something with this OS!?
Thanks anyway.
Old 29 August 2015, 18:21   #811
mld
uade team

it does makes sense, since I could look if the files are corrupt/packed...

I could check if it's a bug in UADE or in BZR (which is running fine in Wine here). Finally I could check if stock BZR is missing a replayer you need. Stuff like that.

it's up to you
Old 29 August 2015, 18:32   #812
mai

thank you very much, pm sent.

oh and i have to mention, that all given examples were working before with Deliplayer for PC, simply by double clicking!

Last edited by mai; 29 August 2015 at 18:42.
Old 29 August 2015, 19:35   #813
mld
uade team

Ah ok... all files look ok, and they got played alright with the uade123 reference player from github, which doesn't help you much now.

So, it seems to be problem of the way BZR uses uade... It seems to use the last stable version from 2013 of the engine. At least players and eagleplayers.conf are very outdated. I attached the latest files from my github playground.

JamesPond.sng/ins plays alright. (Format: RJP)

Robocodworld.rjp is a different format, uses a different replayer and has the wrong suffix, it's an RJ.* file (or *.RJ), with the update it should be played.

title.sng/ins are valid RJP files, but they won't get recognized by BZR. This could be due to the older UADE engine. ok, patience is a virtue... BZR doesn't skip empty/silent subsongs... Change subsongs and it does play it

hope it helps
Attached Files
File Type: zip bzrplayer104_uade_replayer_update.zip (740.9 KB, 111 views)

Last edited by mld; 29 August 2015 at 19:58.
Old 29 August 2015, 20:12   #814
mai

Chaos Engine music still not recognized here!
Old 29 August 2015, 21:02   #815
mld
uade team

http://www.exotica.org.uk/wiki/The_Chaos_Engine seems to work with bzr104 here...

Again you have to switch subsongs... UADE's has empty/silent subsong detection, but it seems to be removed from BZR.
Old 30 August 2015, 07:51   #816
mai

Often i get also Windows error message:

Last edited by mai; 09 September 2019 at 23:09.
Old 30 August 2015, 10:07   #817
mld
uade team

Unfortunately BZR is like a blackbox for me, because Blazer hasn't released his sources. You could help him by telling what you were doing when the error came up.

I looked up where the error could be located: in UADE uade_read is in playloop.c in uade_input(). It fills the audio buffer and returns the number of bytes it has read.

sorry, I couldn't help you further
Old 30 August 2015, 10:14   #818
mai

ok, waiting for Blazer!
Old 30 August 2015, 14:44   #819
bLAZER
Awesome to the max

Hi dudes... read through your discussion quickly, here are some feedback:

Files played by UADE has to have the right file prefix, suffix won't work unfortunately. I'll see if I can come up with a solution for this, because it's bugging me too.

The crash in uade, audio.c is when something went wrong in UADE. Usually it's a corrupt or unsupported file. I'll try to get rid of the popup.

Usually if the file plays in command line UADE it should play in BZR. If not, please tell me about which files and where to download them.
Old 30 August 2015, 18:37   #820
mai

Quote:
Originally Posted by bLAZER View Post

Files played by UADE has to have the right file prefix, suffix won't work unfortunately. I'll see if I can come up with a solution for this, because it's bugging me too.
I dont know, if we speak about the same issue!
As i wrote, i register any suffix to Windows, and by double clicking any registered amiga music it works fine with BZR(UADE engine).
In most cases it did not work with music with external sampledata, such as TFMX and Hippel-COSO.

...and indeed in this case it is a limitation of the TFMX UADE Player, that i cant use suffix.
In Delliplayer for PC it was possible to use suffix for TFMX, because there was no need of Deli/Eagleplayer for TFMX!

------
Wind_Surf_Willy.mok
14BDE12E
Silmarils Format
detection is working but silence only, no prefix/suffix problem > same issue
seems also not a problem of the Silmarils UADE player, because same music and same player works with Deliplayer for PC.
and sorry, i have to use Deliplayer for PC as reference, because this program played 99% of known Amiga ziks!

The behavior of BZR is very strange!
Speaking about same Silmarils format.
as i wrote above, doubleclick Wind_Surf_Willy.mok > Silence only
if i doubleclick next Silmarils music, for example Metal Mutant - title.mok > Silence only too
but if i exit BZR before and doubleclick Metal Mutant - title.mok again it works!

-----------
All World Games custom musics wrongly detected as MP3!

------------

Richard Joseph Player, Richard Joseph
Chaos Engine ziks not recognized by BZR, whatever i do, changing suffix to prefix, changing sng.filename and ins.filename to rjp.filename and smp.filename >nothing, no detection.
Deliplayer for PC is able to play those Chaos Engine ziks via its own library even with suffix . sng and .ins.

Last edited by mai; 31 August 2015 at 17:17.