English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Requests > Games images which need to be WHDified

Old 06 February 2005, 12:16   #61
Leki

@Psygore

do you still have it?....any chance of you scanning the box and manual for us all to see?

also can someone upload the maps and stuff that were posted in this thread to the zone again?
Old 08 February 2005, 19:43   #62
Psygore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leki
@Psygore

do you still have it?....any chance of you scanning the box and manual for us all to see?
I'll do scans soon...
Old 09 February 2005, 22:38   #63
Leki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solo Kazuki
I have another problem. I'm in Lost Mine on 3/4 level, and i don't know what to do. I push all buttons, pass through all false walls, and open all doors which i can. But i think one button is not working (like on belcoon) - it's the button on east, just behind one door (just below this door on the map). I have real amiga and I can't make capture with map. So i send my save.

Please, somebody help!
hi...im stuck on the same bit your are.....did you manage to figure it out?
it must be possible as dido has finished the game.
Old 09 February 2005, 22:47   #64
Leki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psygore
I'll do scans soon...
thanks...looking forward to seeing them
Old 09 February 2005, 22:48   #65
Leki

Quote:
hi...im stuck on the same bit your are.....did you manage to figure it out?
it must be possible as dido has finished the game.
Solo Kazuki i just figured it out....if you are still stuck i can tell you what you need to do
Old 09 February 2005, 22:59   #66
kriz

u finished it?
Old 10 February 2005, 00:17   #67
Leki

Quote:
Originally Posted by kriz
u finished it?
not yet...near very end though.....but i lost my fire extinsher (dont ask heh)...put it down somehwere and cant find it....and there is something displayed on the map as on a teleporter....but i cant get to it as it teleports me...i think it my be on that and so i have no way to get it back!!!....bit stuck now.....wish i had never put it down grrr

Solo Kazuki on your save....how did you get rid of the traps?
Old 10 February 2005, 21:53   #68
Leki

just fixed my "lost my fire extinguisher and cant get it back problem". I copied Solo Kazuki's CHAR file from his save into my save and loaded it up....took the fire extinguisher from his guys backpack and dropped it on the floor.....then copied my CHAR file back....reloaded and now i have a fire extinguisher on the floor hehe....love amiga games where you can hex edit/hack about to fix stuff

now to finish the game....
Old 06 March 2005, 22:37   #69
Solo Kazuki

Quote:
Solo Kazuki on your save....how did you get rid of the traps?
It's simple. You must have Glyph Mask. Wear it to your commander (whoever he/she is). Now you can see traps. If you are standing in fornt of trap, use "Remove Glyph" spell.
Old 07 March 2005, 07:11   #70
Amigamancer
Zone Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by LudwiG
I managed to play it some time ago on previous WinUAE version but it works (so far as i can remember) without artefacts you mentioned.
Visit this page where you can download Evil's Doom WHDLoad version... I played it from this one: http://www.dungeony.cz/hoborg/amiga/evil's_doom.htm

P.S. Thanks for upping those files for HexeM to the Zone, you saved me lots of time and searching harakiri
Hey, is there a way to read these .exe files using an Amiga?

Last edited by Amigamancer; 07 March 2005 at 08:30.
Old 07 March 2005, 07:21   #71
Amigamancer
Zone Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by kriz
yes, when i have played it on winuae it is really frustrating, the picture becomes "doubled" and I need to press space-button twice to "refresh it"....

Sadly the full screen (in the dungeon) doesnt work, its always doubled

Anyone please know anything, its a very very good RPG!!!!

( Get it here:
http://www.dungeony.cz/hoborg/amiga/evil's_doom.htm )
Actually, i have exactly the same problem on my Amiga 1200! The flickering is too intense in this game . Maybe there is something wrong with my hardware.
Old 15 March 2005, 09:21   #72
Shoonay
Global Caturator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amigamancer
Actually, i have exactly the same problem on my Amiga 1200! The flickering is too intense in this game . Maybe there is something wrong with my hardware.
I've tried [Evil's Doom] yesterday, after a few days of testing some tools i've recently downloaded from AmiNet, like: "FBlit"; "FText"; "MagicTV"... and OMG! It's not flickering THAT much - as i remember it did, that is (so i could be verrrry wrong...)

You can try it also, maybe it helps.

Remember to boot the game after running WB - with the usual startup-sequence with SetPatch and the above progs.
Then start the game by executing a file named "s", from: "Evil's Doom:X" directory

Don't expect anything spectacular - it may help and may not it's just a hint...
Old 17 March 2005, 01:35   #73
ppp5

I have some problem running Evil's Doom:
I have downloaded the archive from where you have mentioned before and I menage to run the game, but when I try to save game the WinUAE crashes. I have tried different versions of WinUAE (from 0.8.22r7, through 0.8.24, to 0.9.92). I tried using my own configuration as well as the one downloaded with the game. Could different versions of rom have something to do with it?

Could anyone please send me a detailed instruction on how to run it? The more precise the better!

I played this game some years ago on my Amiga1200 and ended up on that level under water, but now that I found this forum I'd like to play it again and finish it!

And by the way "block 0001 position 79" is what number of byte exactly (begining from 0 or 1)?

Please heeeelp!!!

Last edited by ppp5; 17 March 2005 at 02:17.

Old 17 March 2005, 21:58   #74
Leki

@ppp5

not sure about the crash when saving problem....make sure your save game directorys are there and are writeable.

for editing the save game just use the program it says and follow instuctions and u hsould have no prob.
Old 18 March 2005, 00:59   #75
ppp5

The dir structure looks like this:
volume saga:
-> save
-> -> dir
-> -> y
-> -> -> some files

Maybe could anyone just post (zone maybe) his/her save directory structure with sample save file or two, so I could compare what I have one what should be.

Old 18 March 2005, 02:10   #76
ppp5

OK Don't bother. I managed to find out what directories are missing by myself.

Thanks anyway!

Old 23 March 2005, 20:56   #77
Leki

i think the save games really go in a directory called "realsave"
Old 09 April 2005, 18:12   #78
Marcuz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoonay
I've tried [Evil's Doom] yesterday, after a few days of testing some tools i've recently downloaded from AmiNet, like: "FBlit"; "FText"; "MagicTV"... and OMG! It's not flickering THAT much - as i remember it did, that is (so i could be verrrry wrong...)

You can try it also, maybe it helps.

Remember to boot the game after running WB - with the usual startup-sequence with SetPatch and the above progs.
Then start the game by executing a file named "s", from: "Evil's Doom:X" directory

Don't expect anything spectacular - it may help and may not it's just a hint...
i've tryed that with no luck. can you please post your s file and your directory structure? do you have installed the game on a hdir on its own or it is in a game directory on a general hard disk installation like the bloodwych's ones? and lastly, what settings on winuae do you use? thanks
Old 09 April 2005, 18:24   #79
Calo Nord

Send a message via ICQ to Calo Nord
The Game EVILS DOOM was never finished. The Versions you own are only some beta. The greatest bug in the game, that the final enemy cannot be killed. But there are now a lot of other troubles that make the game quiet unplayeble. For more infos please contact the autor!
Old 09 April 2005, 18:38   #80
Shoonay
Global Caturator

Quote:
Originally Posted by marco pedrana
i've tryed that with no luck. can you please post your s file and your directory structure? do you have installed the game on a hdir on its own or it is in a game directory on a general hard disk installation like the bloodwych's ones? and lastly, what settings on winuae do you use? thanks
Sorry mate, i could but i had to dismount my Amy's HD physically and connect it to my PC and then... bla... bla... bla... and i'm down/up loading something really importante

I have the game installed on a seperate (3rd) partition [GAMES:E/Evil'sDoom]
The system is a mix of WB3.1 + Bloowych's ClassicWB Advanced + WB3.9 + tools mentioned in the above post...
The Amy's a real 1200 with extra 4MB

The startup-sequence is from the Bloodwych's ClassicWB, with the above tools (check each readme for the info on where exactly you have to put some).

The game startup-sequence is in the game drawer [Evil's Doom:X]

Since the game requires 2MB Chip, i had to "rip" the WB from some memory-eating tools and many colours or run without the s-s, OR (THE BEST CHOICE) "patch" the game's s-s with the above tools so it would do the usual (reboot; "build" rad:; <<run your tools>>; run game)