English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Other Projects > project.Amiga Game Factory

Old 30 July 2009, 09:17   #61
meynaf
son of 68k

Anyway don't count on me to do that 3D stuff ; I already have more than enough to do right now

For all people who're (possibly) playing this dungeon : I have fixed some horrid bugs so better get the new version (its url did not change).
Old 07 August 2009, 16:21   #62
Thorham
Computer Nerd

Hehe, I think I've had enough for a while, this is too damned hard for me now I'm going back to DM1 and gonna solo Tiggy After that it's CSB Perhaps when I can pawnz0r CSB I'll try your expert dungeon again

Last edited by Thorham; 07 August 2009 at 20:35.
Old 10 August 2009, 14:17   #63
Thorham
Computer Nerd

Meynaf, I've tried your HD version of Chaos Strikes Back, works great, except for the fact it's in French Is there any way to get it to work in English by perhaps using some of the English versions files?

Any pointers are apreciated
Old 10 August 2009, 14:37   #64
alexh
Thalion Webshrine

I found DM2 more enjoyable than CSB.

CSB is very unforgiving (no where near as evil as Meynef's dungeon though) but still bad enough to make it less fun to play.
Old 13 August 2009, 08:41   #65
meynaf
son of 68k

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorham View Post
Meynaf, I've tried your HD version of Chaos Strikes Back, works great, except for the fact it's in French Is there any way to get it to work in English by perhaps using some of the English versions files?

Any pointers are apreciated
I didn't even remember having released my HD patch for CSB ! Where did you get it ?

And yes, it's in french and it's not good even for me because translation is very poor. It may be possible to make an international version, but some files are missing for that - I'd need the utility disk from english (and possibly german) versions of CSB 3.3.

But isn't there a WhdLoad'ed CSB version that you can use ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexh View Post
I found DM2 more enjoyable than CSB.

CSB is very unforgiving (no where near as evil as Meynef's dungeon though) but still bad enough to make it less fun to play.
CSB, unforgiving ? I wonder where ! I did it with reincarnated characters with little trouble.
If you find CSB difficult I suggest you never try Black Crypt...
And, of course, my dungeon is supposed to be harder than this

Yes, DM2 is good, apart that useless two-step move. And some parts are quite unforgiving too ; frankly I'm more at ease with CSB.

So far I've tried a few custom (test) dungeons with DM2 and it's way easier with DM1 (e.g. DM2 won't allow custom champions).

About being custom, I've added a few things that I'll release soon (after a few things are fixed) : people might appreciate being able to detect illusionnary walls by clicking on them, like in DM 3.6. Also you'll be able to directly drink at a fountain (the DM2 way, not only the party leader as in DM/CSB 3.x). Enjoy if you can
Old 13 August 2009, 12:37   #66
skan
Dream Merchant

Quote:
Originally Posted by meynaf View Post
About being custom, I've added a few things that I'll release soon (after a few things are fixed) : people might appreciate being able to detect illusionnary walls by clicking on them, like in DM 3.6. Also you'll be able to directly drink at a fountain (the DM2 way, not only the party leader as in DM/CSB 3.x). Enjoy if you can
Yeah! Good news!
Old 13 August 2009, 12:53   #67
alexh
Thalion Webshrine

Quote:
CSB, unforgiving ? I wonder where !
The sheer number of teleporters & invisible walls makes it easy to become lost & disorientated.

The number of places where you can trigger a switch, open a pit and fall several floors to your death!

IMO, Dying and reloading should not be a necessary part mapping a dungeon.
Old 13 August 2009, 18:01   #68
Thorham
Computer Nerd

Quote:
I didn't even remember having released my HD patch for CSB ! Where did you get it ?
From the Dungeon Master Encyclopedia.
Quote:
And yes, it's in french and it's not good even for me because translation is very poor. It may be possible to make an international version, but some files are missing for that - I'd need the utility disk from english (and possibly german) versions of CSB 3.3.
I think I have those! I'll see if I can upload a suitable package.
Quote:
But isn't there a WhdLoad'ed CSB version that you can use ?
Yes, but it's German in game, and it kills the system, which means I can't use my serial mouse, so I'd much rather use your version.
Old 17 August 2009, 08:22   #69
meynaf
son of 68k

Quote:
From the Dungeon Master Encyclopedia.
Ok. I gave the guy so many things that I don't remember exactly

Quote:
I think I have those! I'll see if I can upload a suitable package.
Would be good.

Quote:
Yes, but it's German in game, and it kills the system, which means I can't use my serial mouse, so I'd much rather use your version.
That's a "feature" of whdload that I don't like at all. Why the heck using 1.3 kickstart for games that don't kill the OS ? This kinda defeats the purpose of games respectful to OS.

Quote:
The sheer number of teleporters & invisible walls makes it easy to become lost & disorientated.
Make a map
You can detect teleporters by dropping some object on the floor. If it disappears...

Quote:
The number of places where you can trigger a switch, open a pit and fall several floors to your death!
As far as I remember, all pits which can make you fall several levels are permanently open.

Quote:
IMO, Dying and reloading should not be a necessary part mapping a dungeon.
Then no dungeon at all are correctly designed. If you have such a great idea about how dungeons should be, feel free to design your own

Quote:
Originally Posted by skan View Post
Yeah! Good news!
It's now available.
As a recall : meynaf.free.fr/tmp/customdungeon.lzx

Please don't mix files with other versions because I changed things again
Old 19 August 2009, 21:16   #70
Thorham
Computer Nerd

Quote:
Would be good.
Okay, the disks are in the Zone. I hope adf files aren't too much of a hassle for you. If they are, and you just want the files let me know.

I've put several disks in the archive, because the util disks don't show a version number like the game disks. The the one you need is most likely version three (final release). Also included are the French (yeah, I know, sue me ) and German util disks and finally the uncracked version of the 3.3 English/French/German game disk. If what you need isn't in this archive, then I don't know it anymore
Quote:
That's a "feature" of whdload that I don't like at all. Why the heck using 1.3 kickstart for games that don't kill the OS ? This kinda defeats the purpose of games respectful to OS.
It's the way the game client works, it's not really WHDLoad's fault. Although I must admit that for some games WHDLoad isn't ideal. Colonization, for example, runs just fine without it. Most games hit the hardware, and for those games WHDLoad is a god send.
Old 23 August 2009, 06:56   #71
meynaf
son of 68k

Quote:
Okay, the disks are in the Zone. I hope adf files aren't too much of a hassle for you. If they are, and you just want the files let me know.
Adfs are certainly not a problem.

Quote:
I've put several disks in the archive, because the util disks don't show a version number like the game disks. The the one you need is most likely version three (final release). Also included are the French (yeah, I know, sue me ) and German util disks and finally the uncracked version of the 3.3 English/French/German game disk. If what you need isn't in this archive, then I don't know it anymore
Alas, what I need isn't in this archive
German version appears to be ok (you won't play in german will you ?), but all three english versions are too old (I know it because sound of the intro is different), so none of them is 3.3 IMO. For both french and german, date of
ANIM.DAT is 07-dec-90, so I guess it must be so for english version as well.

Quote:
It's the way the game client works, it's not really WHDLoad's fault. Although I must admit that for some games WHDLoad isn't ideal. Colonization, for example, runs just fine without it. Most games hit the hardware, and for those games WHDLoad is a god send.
It's not a problem in the client ; it's whdload which uses kickstart files whenever a game uses the OS. I doubt the slave can do otherwise !
Old 15 February 2010, 09:11   #72
meynaf
son of 68k

For those who have missed it, this thread is now continued here :
http://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?t=49830

There I have another, less difficult dungeon for you to test.
Note that download link has changed (several dungeons !).

If you want to say something, use the new thread, not this old one (which btw can even be closed).
Old 16 October 2015, 13:10   #73
kamelito
Zone Friend

@Menaf
Vu que ce gars est de Lyon tu dois connaitre

http://www.dungeon-master.com/forum/...p?f=25&t=29805

Kamelito
Old 17 October 2015, 11:50   #74
meynaf
son of 68k

Quote:
Originally Posted by kamelito View Post
@Meynaf
Vu que ce gars est de Lyon tu dois connaitre

http://www.dungeon-master.com/forum/...p?f=25&t=29805

Kamelito
Pas vraiment : il est maintenant parigot et il a oublié de mettre à jour son profil en déménageant
(du moins c'est ce qu'il m'a dit il y a qq années)