English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Other Projects > project.WHDLoad

Old 17 February 2016, 21:55   #61
BarryB
Amigaholic

I'll have to have another go later in the week, I've took out the accelerator and put back the 1230 MKIV.

@Wepl: The disk read fine when installing with no errors apparent, and Keirs' Disk-Utilities also verifies the data when making an IPF from my stream files so the disk looks to be OK! Already tried NoCache and still got the same error!

Tried NoVBRMove and NoAutoVec but not together so can try that, and NoMemReverse I've read can cause problems according to the docs but can try that too!
Old 20 February 2016, 20:01   #62
BarryB
Amigaholic

Played with my Bliz 1230 and no issues, put the M1230XA back in and it was crasharama!

With no tooltypes except default, it will crash if left to run on it's own so did this when testing other settings. Usually gets to the PRESS FIRE TO START screen then crashes with the Line 1111 Emulator error when cycling through the credits.

If I use NoVBRMove on it's own, will crash with Exception Level 5 error.

If I use NoAutoVec on it's own, will crash with Line 1111 Emulator error.

If I use NoMemReverse on it's own, will crash with Line 1111 Emulator error.

If I use NoCache on it's own, will crash with Line 1111 Emulator error.

With all 4 tooltypes set, left it cycling through the credits for 15 minutes and no crash! So rebooted and left it another 15 mins and still no crash so played a game and actually got to level, errr whatever, game map 9 on HOL, the one with slopes and drops of lava dripping from them!! Must have played for 45 minutes or more and no crash!! Will have to play more and see if it crashes but those 4 settings seem to be working so far!!

Also, my board is a 1D4 that I bought off Amibay, when I towered my original board I had the case spare so wanted to get a desktop A1200 again so bought the board and put it in the A1200 case. Board has been recapped but no mention of timing fixes so probably a good idea to check and do the fixes anyway!!
Old 20 February 2016, 22:29   #63
haynor666
retro maniac

Since updated slave has been released I decided to play once again. Here is what I noticed so far in original edition reinstalled from IPF:

Small graphics corruption in level 1 in upper part about 30 after starting level 1. EDIT. Cannot reproduce this second time.
Slowdowns after I destroy boss in second level (crushing hand) the same situation with next boss so problems with blitterwaits or that's how game works.
Audio low down of one (?) channel/corruption after I get hidden lives in level 2 and thunder sound starts (why they replace thunder sound in CDTV version?) Corruptions stays until I left thunder zone. The same situation in level 1 of world 2 just after I go bottom of level. That was just my cable :/

BTW. Is it CDTV version less buggy than original or amigafun?

Last edited by haynor666; 20 February 2016 at 23:16.
Old 21 February 2016, 13:59   #64
BarryB
Amigaholic

Now i'm not sure about timing fixes on 1D4, found this comment by FOL:

Quote:
Originally Posted by FOL View Post
1D4's are a weird rev. Everyone I have come across don't require timing fixes. If you do the fixes then it stops working all together. Remove the fixes the board works fine.
Looking at my board no fixes appear to have been done, E123R/C and E125R/C are in place and look untouched, have nothing on R118 and pads look untouched, E121R and E122R look untouched, E121C and E122C have nothing on and pads look untouched. So looks like this board has no fixes applied!
Old 21 February 2016, 19:28   #65
BarryB
Amigaholic

Played another 20 mins today and no crashes!

Tried a few settings together and the first one I tried was NoVBRMove and NoAutoVec and that combination seems to be the one that plays without crashing as I played for a good 15 mins and no crashes!

Confusingly, tried the old slave (24-Jun-98, 1636 bytes) and this one too played without crashing using NoVBRMove and NoAutoVec? However, the old slave won't allow F10 to quit, the new slave does! This A1200 is a basic OS3.9 install with setpatch NOROMUPDATE and pretty standard startup-sequence, nothing in user-startup, no boing bags, KS 3.1, 2 x CF Cards with one on PFS (HDTools says PDS\0 v18.5) and the other FAT32, so nothing special!!
Old 04 March 2016, 01:35   #66
Nibbler
namm namm AMIGA

Quote:
Originally Posted by haynor666 View Post
Since updated slave has been released I decided to play once again. Here is what I noticed so far in original edition reinstalled from IPF:

Small graphics corruption in level 1 in upper part about 30 after starting level 1. EDIT. Cannot reproduce this second time.
Slowdowns after I destroy boss in second level (crushing hand) the same situation with next boss so problems with blitterwaits or that's how game works.

BTW. Is it CDTV version less buggy than original or amigafun?

This "graphics corruption" in level 1 is nothing unusual.
It can happen if you played something before. (can depend on the title you played before , also, a hard reset fix this minor "glitch")
It´s nothing major, and happend even back then on the A-500 & Co.
Happends very, rarely in World 1 ( mostly on the blue background )
Same happends sometimes in Giana sisters

The "slowdowns" after defeating the boss ( when it explode n ´stuff )
is also not unusual.

CDTV version is pretty much the same ; ( bugs i know,are present in all versions)
; except some minor changes like changed SFX and missing Title Screen ; i wrote earlier in this thread.

I hope that helped you Greetings, Nibbler

Last edited by Nibbler; 08 March 2016 at 14:24. Reason: Typo
Old 04 March 2016, 08:14   #67
haynor666
retro maniac

Sure, that helps, so I'll play first retail version