English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.Hardware > Hardware mods

Old 16 February 2013, 22:08   #61
Whitesnake
Martin Shaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by nittamituaki View Post
To:Whitesnake,

I have both NTSC version and PAL version.
I know some games change NTSC<>PAL automatically
even using Degrader or early startup menu.
For example,
Alien Breed 3D (CD32 game): NTSC ->PAL
R3 art of rocketry(normal amiga game): PAL ->NTSC

I used to change TV's screen mode, change console,...etc.
Sorry!
Does the NTSC release of Jungle Strike CD32 change the video mode to PAL? The only version I have is the one from emuparadise and my original copy the emuparadise one seems to be PAL too.

Akira: Jungle Strike CD32 seems to run fine in NTSC thanks to WinUAE being able to force it, although not useful on real hardware.

If Jungle Strike CD32 NTSC has a different exe which loads in NTSC please upload it nittamituaki

Or if you have a handy place to get the NTSC .iso
Old 17 February 2013, 04:21   #62
Amiga1992

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
Akira: Jungle Strike CD32 seems to run fine in NTSC thanks to WinUAE being able to force it, although not useful on real hardware.
I was definitely talking strictly about real hardware.
Old 24 February 2013, 21:47   #63
imigger
Banned

you dont need an ntsc switch just put a amiga mouse into the joy port 2 then press both buttons down and hold then switch your cd32 on and in menu select ntsc whats up with people dont you know it can doit already????????? you can select pal or ntsc.
Old 24 February 2013, 22:56   #64
prowler
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by imigger View Post
you dont need an ntsc switch just put a amiga mouse into the joy port 2 then press both buttons down and hold then switch your cd32 on and in menu select ntsc whats up with people dont you know it can doit already????????? you can select pal or ntsc.
I think that's a little harsh, since you've only just remembered it yourself!

Quote:
Originally Posted by imigger View Post
well here is some news that make me want to cry.

checked everything and it was all ok after changing caps and taking the cxa chip off to re solder it .

but still black and white.

then i remembered the boot menu , to get it you have to put a amiga mouse in port 2 hold down both buttons then switch on, then untick freeaking ntsc ,reboot guess what color is back , i want to kill myself for forgetting that menu.

i remembered i have switched it before oops , still it should work for a long time now i have fixed everything that was dodgy.

murrrraaa oops .
Old 25 February 2013, 00:55   #65
imigger
Banned

lol yes i forgot but thats what happens when you get old.
Old 25 February 2013, 13:33   #66
Amiga1992

Also: that method doesn't work in many situations.
Old 25 February 2013, 23:24   #67
imigger
Banned

works fine here dude switch is good though if you havent got a mouse.
Old 13 April 2013, 16:11   #68
AtariBorn

Forgive me if I sound like a noob but I was under the impression that the mouse region trick was just to enable software to load from opposite regions and didn't actually change any video modes.

Have I been misinformed?

Old 14 April 2013, 07:22   #69
Jope
-

If you select PAL or NTSC in the early startup menu, that's what the machine will boot up in. Not sure what you meant by regions.. Basically some PAL titles will not switch to a PAL screen if you boot them up on an NTSC machine and you need to help them along with that, if you want to view the entire display area.

Just pressing space to toggle the ESM's screen mode will not be enough as far as I remember, you have to actually use the radio buttons.
Old 17 April 2013, 18:17   #70
Hewitson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jope View Post
Just pressing space to toggle the ESM's screen mode will not be enough as far as I remember, you have to actually use the radio buttons.
That is correct, unfortunately.
Old 18 April 2013, 08:31   #71
thedevilbunny

Hey ya'll, just wanted to give a big thanks to everyone in this thread for the fine info you've posted. I preformed surgery on my NTSC CD32 last night, and it definitely worked as advertised. I don't have a PAL TV, but I do have a converting VCR...converts enough to see the games anyway..I still have the bottom of the screen cut off, but I'm hoping eventually to get a display that will finish the job. Again, thanks ya'll!

Old 13 January 2019, 05:21   #72
Fingerlickin_B
Amiga Nut

I have received an SMS message to my telephone, which claims to be a Skype message sent by someone calling themselves "madsenjesper".

There is nobody in the EAB member list by that name.

The message relates to this thread & provides me with an email address, asking that I send an email to it in order to discuss CD32 further.

I don't trust the message, so will not be sending the requested email, however if the person that sent me the original message could PM me here on EAB, I will be happy to enter into corresponence

PZ.