English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Main > Amiga scene

Old 09 October 2009, 00:07   #61
Supamax
Da Digger :)

@ Galahad

Denis is perfectly right: if you can 100% crack the disk-check protection then it's done!
StingRay couldn't (or hadn't the time to) crack it 100%... will you be able to?
Old 09 October 2009, 03:04   #62
gulliver
BoingBagged

About Lightwave:
LightRave or Rave, was not actually a dongle, but a program that circumvented the need for a dongle or for an actual Video Toaster to properly run lightwave by fooling it. I have that program somewhere...
Old 09 October 2009, 18:17   #63
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

Leviathan: same as leaderboard dongle but in mouse port.

(tested by taking cracked adf, decrunched and copied main executable from preinstalled whdload install..)
Old 09 October 2009, 19:05   #64
Supamax
Da Digger :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gulliver View Post
About Lightwave:
LightRave or Rave, was not actually a dongle, but a program that circumvented the need for a dongle or for an actual Video Toaster to properly run lightwave by fooling it. I have that program somewhere...
Hmmm, LightRave/Rave was a real dongle. Read here (from http://www.lightwiki.com/LightWave_History):

"1993 - LightWave 3D 3.0/3.1 LightWave was still locked to the Video Toaster with the VT4000 that came out this year, however a small company called Industrial Might and Logic catered to a growing number of people that wanted access to LightWave but didn't want to or couldn't use the Video Toaster (because they had Amiga 3000s or lived in countries that used a television system other than NTSC). IML (natch) created their own dongle (named "LightRAVE" often referred to simply as "RAVE") that emulated the presence of the Video Toaster card so that LightWave could be run on machines apart from the desktop video card."
Old 23 December 2015, 06:38   #65
Michael
A1260T/PPC/BV/SCSI/NET

Rashumon3 - one of the first WYSIWYG word processors on any computer, not very well advertised or widely known probably because of AmigaHASP protection that was invented for it. Would be interesting if WinUAE can do something with that.
Old 23 December 2015, 08:45   #66
gulliver
BoingBagged

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supamax View Post
Hmmm, LightRave/Rave was a real dongle. Read here (from http://www.lightwiki.com/LightWave_History):

"1993 - LightWave 3D 3.0/3.1 LightWave was still locked to the Video Toaster with the VT4000 that came out this year, however a small company called Industrial Might and Logic catered to a growing number of people that wanted access to LightWave but didn't want to or couldn't use the Video Toaster (because they had Amiga 3000s or lived in countries that used a television system other than NTSC). IML (natch) created their own dongle (named "LightRAVE" often referred to simply as "RAVE") that emulated the presence of the Video Toaster card so that LightWave could be run on machines apart from the desktop video card."
Thread necromancy

Here you have LightRave, it is a software to circumvent Lightwave as I mentioned, not anything else:

/Commodore_Amiga/TOSEC/Applications/[ADF] (TOSEC-v2012-12-21_CM)/LightRAVE v3.1 (1994)(InnoSphere Graphics)(Disk 1 of 2)[cr doZE!][req. LightWave].zip
/Commodore_Amiga/TOSEC/Applications/[ADF] (TOSEC-v2012-12-21_CM)/LightRAVE v3.1 (1994)(InnoSphere Graphics)(Disk 2 of 2)[cr doZE!][req. LightWave].zip

Just get them from the server or TOSEC.
Old 02 December 2019, 15:00   #67
mnemo
MTN/SPT

Just stumbled across this thread...

TFMX (Chris Hülsbeck's music editor) had a dongle protection, too. That sh*t was EVERYWHERE in the code, sometimes obvious move-s of suspicious values to suspicious addresses, sometimes not.

Back then I ReSource'd the whole thing to have a 100% assembling version, but I can't exactly recall where that went. I have found the .rs files on my A3000, though, including many comments that refer to the copy protection. I also used my cracked version to create the Skate or Die music. Never released the cracked version, though.

MnemoTroN
Old 02 December 2019, 19:34   #68
saimon69
J.M.D - Bedroom Musician

Actually TFMX was a dongle per se, very complex application, more a music compile than a music editor; you could write your own effects too
Old 04 December 2019, 16:01   #69
mnemo
MTN/SPT

Quote:
Originally Posted by saimon69 View Post
Actually TFMX was a dongle per se, very complex application, more a music compile than a music editor; you could write your own effects too
Yes, I used that feature for my Skate or Die conversion to TFMX. But I had the original manual and disks, just not the dongle. The manual was quite helpful for understanding the editor.

MnemoTroN