English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > News

Old 27 June 2024, 19:11   #61
Tsak
Pixelglass/Reimagine

Awesome project!
I would ask for multiple units selection as well (that would be indeed a MASSIVE improvement over the original), however I know this would be quite tricky to add. The interface is not made with multiple units selection in mind. And that would also probably tax performance quite a lot. Let alone difficulty and overall balance would need to be reconfigured. The original is made with this restriction in mind and being able to select multiple units in one go would definitely break things.
Old 27 June 2024, 19:48   #62
BlitterObject

@Korodny: Since the code is entirely new, the _code_ would fall under the "able to release" umbrella, provided that the data is not shared. If the support wains as a result of not getting access to a playable build, I can't really control that.

@Tsak (and others): Multiple unit selection is planned as part of a new game mode where that and other bug fixes and improvements are made.

Last edited by BlitterObject; 28 June 2024 at 00:20.
Old 28 June 2024, 18:57   #63
Gryfon

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlitterObject View Post
@Korodny: Since the code is entirely new, the _code_ would fall under the "able to release" umbrella, provided that the data is not shared. If the support wains as a result of not getting access to a playable build, I can't really control that.
@BlitterObject
Happy to wait for the final item, personally not bothered by no access to interim-builds along the way. Very keen to see behind the curtain of the whole process, it's quite a rare opportunity in my view.

What if the remaster was designed not to run standalone?

Similar to OpenX-Com. In itself OpenX-Com is all-new files, but requires files from an original version to actually run which are not supplied with it.

+1 On the multi-select units feature!

Last edited by Gryfon; 28 June 2024 at 20:30.
Old 28 June 2024, 19:49   #64
klx300r

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlitterObject View Post
@Tsak (and others): Multiple unit selection is planned as part of a new game mode where that and other bug fixes and improvements are made.
This is great news