English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Misc > EAB's competition

Old 31 October 2008, 07:44   #61
Graham Humphrey

Yes... but does it happen with an original copy, or just the cracked versions? I've got an original version of the game so do you want me to upload that sometime? It'll probably be tomorrow though...
Old 31 October 2008, 08:21   #62
TCD
HOL/FTP busy bee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graham Humphrey View Post
Yes... but does it happen with an original copy, or just the cracked versions? I've got an original version of the game so do you want me to upload that sometime? It'll probably be tomorrow though...
That would be very kind Graham I couldn't stand it when I finish level 3 (which I haven't seen yet ) and I couldn't submit the score, because a bad crack refuses to accept disk 4 (or disk 4 is broken).
Old 31 October 2008, 09:12   #63
blade002
Zone Friend

"Actually"!!!.. i think i still have Banshee here on floppy!!.. and my version i know works all the way through because i finished the game on the number of times back in the day.. ... will need to go through my disks .. wish me luck!!..

If it IS here, it will tide me over for tonight until i get my Amiga going over the weekend !!..

EDIT: I can only find disk 1 & 4

Last edited by blade002; 31 October 2008 at 09:30.
Old 31 October 2008, 09:31   #64
TCD
HOL/FTP busy bee

Quote:
Originally Posted by blade002 View Post
"Actually"!!!.. i think i still have Banshee here on floppy!!.. and my version i know works all the way through because i finished the game on the number of times back in the day.. ... will need to go through my disks .. wish me luck!!..

If it IS here, it will tide me over for tonight until i get my Amiga going over the weekend !!..
Get your Amiga back to life blade and let Graham care about the disks for now You need to get back in the competition mate All the best for you and your Miggy my friend
Old 31 October 2008, 14:40   #65
DamienD
Banned

@CHook/OTT; last night I managed to get past the "falling rocks" section in level 3 but died shortly afterwards. How much further is the end of level boss?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHook/OTT View Post
I had over 86k after finishing level 3 and the game froze part way through loading level 4. Can someone confirm this is an isolated problem. I'm playing via WinUAEX (XBOX) i've tried DLM/ATX disks 4 and used the level skip cheat on DLM/HLM/PDX/PSG cracks and all these versions on the XBOX emu will not load level 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCyberDruid View Post
I will have a look now...
Same problem here with WinUAE. The game doesn't like disk 4 (none of them) So we have to play it with WHDLoad?
Shite, not good news

@Graham; as I don't use WHDLoad can I use the .IPF files via WinUAE?
Old 31 October 2008, 14:43   #66
TCD
HOL/FTP busy bee

Quote:
Originally Posted by DamienD View Post
@Graham; as I don't use WHDLoad can I use the .IPF files via WinUAE?
Second the question I think this way we can assure that it has to work
Old 31 October 2008, 14:55   #67
Graham Humphrey

Yeah, by all means use IPF files.

I'll still upload my disks tomorrow though for those who want them
Old 31 October 2008, 16:41   #68
DamienD
Banned

F$%k me, the last stage is an absolute killer. I had 9 lives, full weapons and still got hammered

By the end of the 3rd level my score was about 91k and my final score after playing the 4th level was: 118286

Old 31 October 2008, 16:45   #69
TCD
HOL/FTP busy bee

Quote:
F$%k me, the last stage is an absolute killer. I had 9 lives, full weapons and still got hammered

By the end of the 3rd level my score was about 91k and my final score after playing the 4th level was: 118286
First : Very nice score
As I see in your screenshot you don't use your loops much. If you are in the right position and start the loop it does a lot of damage to the enemies in front of you Just a thought
Old 31 October 2008, 16:48   #70
DamienD
Banned

Quote:
As I see in your screenshot you don't use your loops much. If you are in the right position and start the loop it does a lot of damage to the enemies in front of you Just a thought
Yup, never use loop at all... Maybe I should start
Old 31 October 2008, 16:50   #71
TCD
HOL/FTP busy bee

Quote:
Yup, never use loop at all... Maybe I should start
No, it was just a joke... Loops? I don't know what I talking about...
Old 31 October 2008, 21:11   #72
mailman
Zone Friend

Quote:
I use loops for the guardians.
Old 31 October 2008, 21:40   #73
TodaysForgotten

This is by far one of the neatest shmups i've ever played.

I have no idea if i was on the last level or not. I guess i was a bit behind damien. I botched getting healt and had no build-ups that really hurt. I was fighting in space, looks like damien is in a hanger. I was the special ship too. I was fighting huge mutant dudes with revolving mini-guns.

oh and there were electric "timers" i was going through.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	129776.PNG
Views:	199
Size:	59.4 KB
ID:	18597  
Old 31 October 2008, 21:45   #74
DamienD
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by TodaysForgotten View Post
This is by far one of the neatest shmups i've ever played.

I have no idea if i was on the last level or not. I guess i was a bit behind damien. I botched getting healt and had no build-ups that really hurt. I was fighting in space, looks like damien is in a hanger. I was the special ship too. I was fighting huge mutant dudes with revolving mini-guns.

You've already beaten my score *sigh*

Yup, you were on level 4. It starts off in space and then goes to where you can see my screenshot. The electic timers are a bitch
Old 01 November 2008, 09:03   #75
mailman
Zone Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by TodaysForgotten View Post

Tell me how you do it?

You just take the game and make it through? No training, no previous experience? Man, you should be a betatester
Old 01 November 2008, 09:17   #76
CHook/OTT
Super Hang-On King

Do we need to use the .ipf version to continue playing this or does the WHDLoad version work OK?
Old 01 November 2008, 09:31   #77
TCD
HOL/FTP busy bee

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHook/OTT View Post
Do we need to use the .ipf version to continue playing this or does the WHDLoad version work OK?
The WHDLoad version should work. I haven't tested it myself, but I'm sure it work since it's installed with the IPF's (the version on WHDownload at least).
Old 01 November 2008, 11:03   #78
Graham Humphrey

Sorry guys, I thought I could ADF the original game but I can't do it, assume the copy protection stops that, so the first disk can't be ADF'd which is obviously a problem

Hopefully everyone has sorted themselves out with a working copy now though, or maybe someone does have some working ADFs, you never know.
Old 01 November 2008, 11:06   #79
john4p
Competition Moderator

You could also try to find the .sps-dump somewhere in the web...
Old 01 November 2008, 16:17   #80
TodaysForgotten

Quote:
Originally Posted by mailman View Post
Tell me how you do it?

You just take the game and make it through? No training, no previous experience? Man, you should be a betatester
I did play it 4 times before getting to the end level. I dont know what it is, but i have the ability to pick-up anything that involves twitch or quick instinct. Always have.

Usually when you see enough shoot em ups, there isnt much new to the table, other than enemy-type and bosses. Enemy placement is usually assumed and if not its all based on reaction.

It seems like parts of level 3 (church/backdrops) and really the last level are where the game really tries to ramp up the difficulty.

Maybe i should do something with video games. I dont know. Generally, the only issue i had with this game was getting use to the speed of the game and the horrible backdrops in some areas. Aside from those two things, the next issue that usually makes me play a few times through before a good run is going purely for score over survival.