English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.Hardware > Hardware mods

Old 21 April 2014, 17:27   #61
sayasupacrew

Poses resistance to down 5 volts to 3 volts, then a direct connection to the digital display.

I received the PIC16F84 to Witch.master is rescheduled for interfaces amiga keyboards.

Next step, find an plugg on the chassis mini DIN6 (the famous ps2). (Or then welded a classic din jack on the keyboard cable, I have a classic DIN socket on frame)

Last edited by sayasupacrew; 21 April 2014 at 17:46.
Old 03 June 2014, 17:42   #62
sayasupacrew

The interface keyboard works well, I had an information on one of plan of the database synaps who was not correct, that's why I blocked has this stage.

One thank you has to witchmaster, who without him, things would not have been possible, I speak about the interface keyboard and especially of the digital display.

Saya

video

http://helenvivet.free.fr/pic/Amiga500SEII_.swf93.html

Last edited by sayasupacrew; 03 June 2014 at 22:23.
Old 07 June 2014, 23:23   #63
sayasupacrew

Pose finaliezed of the eprom peak, put directly on the pines of the grip keyboard on the card mother.

First try of the pose of the scandoubler

Old 08 June 2014, 11:34   #64
Mrs Beanbag
Glastonbridge Software

these are brilliant case mods!
Old 08 June 2014, 17:17   #65
Hewitson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs Beanbag View Post
these are brilliant case mods!
They sure are. I think it's funny how everyone uses CD player cases for them though. It would be cool if someone made one that was still capable of playing CD's
Old 30 June 2014, 20:05   #66
sayasupacrew

bug, its a week that I'm trying to convert various PC floppy drive in amiga, I have very good results as very bad, I opted for a samsung SDF-321B, I'm testing reading, and this is as good as original drive

It must be said that the mark of a floppy disk is a guarantee of quality.

I would do less good to the best. I would also stated that in my case I want a second self configured drive (FD1) floppy disk number 1, which does not help in finding tutorial. (I was doing that bypass or many web amended)

Notamant for ALPS drive, which are real crap (ref: DF354h090f) convertion succeeded, but in use on the amiga, the problem appear during use, once the drive reports the drive is sometimes inserted can not, AmigaOS don't like that.

Mitsumi drive (ref: d359mp3, tested well before this week) long, for two player I had, none functioned well, same problem that ALPS without talking about azimutages heads, I put a includes how it walked, now I know what it takes to ready a problem that ultimately simple to solve. (Must be selected floppy simply)

samsung SDF321b, super floppy drive, in my case, I have a very good azimuthing read heads, quite easy to convert on amiga and most importantly, a good compatibilté position.

I do other tests, but went very afar. (They all work on amiga)

Sony MP-F17W-85 yes (simply configured with jumpers, thank you very sony)
Sony MDF-17W-07 yes (simply configured with jumpers, thank you very sony)
Panasonic JU-257A606P
Panasonic JU-257A427P
Panasonic JU-256A276P
Mitsumi D359T5
teac FD-235HF

Sony MPF520-1, which according to him the tutorial on the web, did that needs a web hereby amended, yes but what FD0, so its does not help me for what I was tried to position zero, its works great, very good floppy drive.

Saya

Last edited by sayasupacrew; 30 June 2014 at 22:56.
Old 06 January 2016, 19:58   #67
sayasupacrew

[ Show youtube player ]
Old 11 January 2016, 20:21   #68
sayasupacrew

Floppy disk converted in amiga mode (samsung SFD-321B ) , it plugged in extention in amiga external port drive.

it works very well,

Last edited by sayasupacrew; 13 January 2016 at 17:01.
Old 12 April 2016, 01:51   #69
ryoder

This is what I want to build too. I just don't know if I have the drive to finish it. Nice work.

Old 12 April 2016, 19:23   #70
kipper2k

Looking through the lha file from aminet i am not sure on some settings for the PIC 16f84, i see the MMKeyboard.hex file and am assuming that is for the PIC 16f84 (/a). Does anyone know the config ?

Thanks
Old 13 April 2016, 11:18   #71
MickGyver

Quote:
Originally Posted by kipper2k View Post
Looking through the lha file from aminet i am not sure on some settings for the PIC 16f84, i see the MMKeyboard.hex file and am assuming that is for the PIC 16f84 (/a). Does anyone know the config ?

Thanks
I should have documented this better when I programmed the PICs for my project, I started up the WinXP virtual machine now where I used IC-Prog 1.06B to program the PIC16F84. IC-Prog seems to not save it's settings though. I don't think I have programmed any other PICs since the MMKeyboard one for sayasupacrew in 2014.

RC should probably be selected as oscillator since a resistor and capacitor is connected to OSC1. Then for fuses, seems that by default WDT (watchdog timer) is the only one enabled in IC-Prog, if I didn't find any more information in 2014 I probably left it like that.

I also think I programmed this to PIC16F84A chips for sayasupacre, can you confirm this sayasupacre?

(edit: removed screenshot of ic-prog since settings where probably not correct)

Last edited by MickGyver; 13 April 2016 at 13:21.
Old 13 April 2016, 11:34   #72
MickGyver

I read the MMKeyboard.guide and found this:

"When programming a PIC it's required to keep an eye on the fuses. There are fuses for enabling the WatchDog-Timer (WDT), the PowerUp-Timer (PWRT) and the CodeProtection (CP). The WDT must not be used without program support, because nothing is working in the result. The PWRT takes care of the PowerUp and delays a little to allow the hardware to settle. This fuse should be enabled, as long as there isn't reason for immediate start-up of the PIC. The CP Fuse disables the PIC readout. It's not possible to readout the PIC any more."

So maybe only PWRT should be enabled and not WDT?