English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Main > Amiga scene

Old 08 February 2021, 12:05   #61
Dunny

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lineof7s View Post
Believe me, you don't know the half of it!
Given that I know all of the FL Studio developers (obviously) I reckon I probably do
Old 14 February 2021, 22:45   #62
8bitbubsy

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparhawk View Post
What would be the point of a new format? Just to have something new?
[...]
What would be the point of making anything for an ancient dead platform kept alive by enthusiasts? The answer is: Having fun, and tinkering with it.
My reason would be: To add more features, fix old limitations, fix the infamous detuned period table, and still keeping it compatible with Paula. And to have fun.

Last edited by 8bitbubsy; 14 February 2021 at 23:31.
Old 19 February 2021, 22:03   #63
no9

Quote:
Originally Posted by KONEY View Post
Not sure... but since you brought up the chiptune topic I wonder if you have any confidence with OctaMED SynthSounds. They're much more than a looping waveform, some custom scripting can be applied and waveform can change over time. All this embedded in the format.
I may be biased or just incompetent here but for some reason I didn't like Octamed in the past and I did use it very briefly. I took a look now on its Synth Editor. It is (or was) somewhat interesting as a tool to create base sounds for instrument. But once waveforms are created you can just switch between them which you can also do in other trackers. Achievable also in Protracker but in more much less manner. Which is good direction. I mean Octamed.

I think later I will create another thread where we could gather ideas or features that in theory could get into that "dream tracker" which would be in capability of Paula and low end machines like A500. Maybe people will share some more of their own ideas there.
Old 22 February 2021, 14:35   #64
MickGyver

Quote:
Originally Posted by pink^abyss View Post
PreTracker has a binary replayer included and asm example
(and buildin exe export is also there for the non technical people).

PreTracker was already used in a couple of non abyss intros and also in a Amiga diskmag recently.
PreTracker seems great, didn't know about it, good work on this! Is there a list of offsets for the binary replayer? (I didn't find it in the "aYS_PreTracker_1_00.zip" archive.)