English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Main > Amiga scene

Old 12 August 2014, 21:32   #61
MrZammler
Zone Friend

@Retrofan

Ok, from the top of my head, (sorry kids has gotten the best part of my brain :-) ), since the last stable version:

Compiled with vbcc instead of gcc.
Fixed some DSIs in AmigaOS 4
Some tiny speedups in some parts.
Some speedup on loading the gameslist on startup.
It might be possible that it displays Newicons icons of games. Not sure when, I think it did on some tests on my 3.9 setup (maybe having a newicons datatype helps).

There might be others, but that's all I remember. :-) I'll make sure I document other changes from now on.
Old 12 August 2014, 21:45   #62
Retrofan
Ruler of the Universe

Thanks MrZammler. I was thinking now -fast idea- that for example for AmiKit Real or any other OS it would be perhaps better if iGame could have an "Images Store" drawer including all the ones that are available today with the Games images to start searching, so people woudn't have to find them for themselves and it -or iGame with updates- could directly provide them for the games you have just automatically adding them to the drawer you indicate for games and leaving -or asking to update- the existing ones.

Edit: You know that recently TroelsDK has provided some more images http://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?t=71403 and that he is really interested on this since a long time now http://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?t=68398&page=2. There is another pack appart of the one of CWB, but I would have to search it. Mfilos has to know as I believe it was some greek guy who did it. Edit: http://eab.abime.net/showpost.php?p=744704&postcount=2. I think TroelsDK could provide the latest updated complete pack .

You know you aren't handling with a normal Amiga application. It's the one the most of us use to play Games. And that's what the most of the people do with their miggys .

Last edited by Retrofan; 13 August 2014 at 00:52.
Old 12 August 2014, 21:50   #63
TroelsDK
Registered Amiga Maniac

Your kids are more important than this after all, but still nice to see you are updating the program

I'd really love to be able to change the 'Genre' list.

Demolition patched my iGame so it doesn't write to disk every time. I don't care for 'last played', 'never played', and it cuts of some seconds every startup.

I'd really be glad to have this as default, without the other options and at the top...?
Old 13 August 2014, 00:13   #64
Neil79
Autistic 'n IRN!

I'm sure I used to use iGame but felt it added way too many strange duplicates of games that only had one folder, when I added new game versions. Could be wrong, it's been awhile
Old 13 August 2014, 00:32   #65
TroelsDK
Registered Amiga Maniac

Well yes it does. If you e.g. Unpack Sim City you'll maybe get Sim City and Sim City alt, where 'alt' is 512kb version. This also happens with Sensibble Soccer and a couple of other but then just sort them once and they will be hidden
Old 13 August 2014, 00:36   #66
Neil79
Autistic 'n IRN!

Ah so they can be hidden in the list? Never really tried tbh

Where is IGame installed anyway, so I can copy over the latest vers?
Old 13 August 2014, 00:42   #67
TroelsDK
Registered Amiga Maniac

Yes if you select a game, choose 'Game repositories' in the pull down menu and mark it hidden. I had mine installed with Classic Workbench, it's under programs

Last edited by TroelsDK; 17 August 2014 at 17:45.
Old 13 August 2014, 00:59   #68
Neil79
Autistic 'n IRN!

Great, thanks TroelsDK
Old 13 August 2014, 11:55   #69
MrZammler
Zone Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retrofan View Post
Thanks MrZammler. I was thinking now -fast idea- that for example for AmiKit Real or any other OS it would be perhaps better if iGame could have an "Images Store" drawer including all the ones that are available today with the Games images to start searching, so people woudn't have to find them for themselves and it -or iGame with updates- could directly provide them for the games you have just automatically adding them to the drawer you indicate for games and leaving -or asking to update- the existing ones.

Edit: You know that recently TroelsDK has provided some more images http://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?t=71403 and that he is really interested on this since a long time now http://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?t=68398&page=2. There is another pack appart of the one of CWB, but I would have to search it. Mfilos has to know as I believe it was some greek guy who did it. Edit: http://eab.abime.net/showpost.php?p=744704&postcount=2. I think TroelsDK could provide the latest updated complete pack .

You know you aren't handling with a normal Amiga application. It's the one the most of us use to play Games. And that's what the most of the people do with their miggys .
Yes, the whole images thing, can be better. I was originally thinking that *maybe* after a while, whdload slave authors and packers could include an image with their pack, so that's the idea behind having an igame.iff file inside the folder.

Anyway, I suppose a separate folder with only game screenshots can be managed. Each image should probably must have the same filename as the slave for iGame to be able to pick it up. Current functionality should remain of course so as not to break current installations.

We'll see :-)
Old 13 August 2014, 13:28   #70
MrZammler
Zone Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroelsDK View Post
Your kids are more important than this after all, but still nice to see you are updating the program

I'd really love to be able to change the 'Genre' list.

Demolition patched my iGame so it doesn't write to disk every time. I don't care for 'last played', 'never played', and it cuts of some seconds every startup.

I'd really be glad to have this as default, without the other options and at the top...?
Ok, try this: http://winterland.no-ip.org/igame/fi...2014-08-13.lha

Use the tooltype: SAVESTATSONEXIT

It will keep the stats categories there, but it will not save the stats every time you launch a game. It will do so only when you close the application. Haven't tested it at all.

I'll see how I can get rid of the stats categories there with an option or something in a safe way some time later.

Thanks!
Old 17 August 2014, 18:02   #71
TroelsDK
Registered Amiga Maniac

For now, I just changed the 'genres' list, but yes an option to remove the other 'most played' etc. would be great

I'll see if you update in the near future or give you a friendly bump someday
Old 18 August 2014, 13:58   #72
Neil79
Autistic 'n IRN!

I've still got the original release of IGame and was only able to filter the ALT versions doing it one by one. Ended up giving up!

Can you please release a version where you can FILTER OUT ALL with the word ALT, rather than doing it manually one by one?

Cheers
Old 18 August 2014, 14:05   #73
alkis21
Zone Friend

Send a message via MSN to alkis21
May I ask if this last version fixes the problem that you couldn't launch an executable that contained multiple commands-lines?
Old 26 August 2014, 17:18   #74
TroelsDK
Registered Amiga Maniac

Also: Adding non-WHDLoad games doesn't work.. I can add one, e.g. SimCity2000 and it will be included and is playable. But when quitting it will freeze and on reboot/rescan it will disappear.
Old 30 August 2014, 09:46   #75
MrZammler
Zone Friend

Hi guys, sorry I was out for a few days.

@Neil79

About the Alt thing. iGame picks up a game's title from the slave file itself. It is the same string that appears when launching the game, i.e. encoded by the slave author.

When there are multiple slaves with the same title, iGame must keep them apart (i.e. not have the same title, as that would confuse the application). So that's where the Alt thing comes in. All these Alt titles are whdload slaves which should appear on your list. You can then edit their titles if you like to something more appropriate. But iGame doesn't really know if it needs to filter them out or not. Hope it clears it up.

@alkis21

I'm very sorry about this. Can't really remember when we discussed it before if you sent me an example to have a look at or not. Please do send a script so I could check it on my setup.

@TroelsDK

On rescan yes, it will delete a non whdload game from the list. Known bug, will fix. But I'll also check the freeze part on my setup. Thanks!
Old 30 August 2014, 11:38   #76
Neil79
Autistic 'n IRN!

Ah so you can't filter out Alts even if you wanted to

No worries thanks for letting me know
Old 28 October 2014, 20:43   #77
Retrofan
Ruler of the Universe

Any progress/change MrZammler?
Old 28 October 2014, 20:52   #78
Storm
SYS64738

Fantastic! I always use iGame. Nice to see an update.
Old 27 October 2015, 11:33   #79
DDNI
Targ Explorer

Send a message via ICQ to DDNI Send a message via MSN to DDNI
Thanks again for iGame.
I have a bug in AmigaOS4.1FE with the latest dev build from Feb 2015.

If you choose game properties from the context menu without having a game selected, then you get a Grim Reaper and program lock up.
Old 08 November 2015, 12:03   #80
James

New dev build available.

http://winterland.no-ip.org/igame/files/dev/