English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > News

Old 01 May 2012, 21:16   #701
PulsatingQuasar

Quadified.
Old 01 May 2012, 21:28   #702
RMK

Order placed with Amigakit for the A4000/CD32 verison. Can you confirm it went through ok, I don't want to miss out on it.
Old 01 May 2012, 21:44   #703
amigakit.com

Thanks for the order. Please click on Order History on the webstore to check order status.
Old 01 May 2012, 22:37   #704
Retrofan
Ruler of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by TreacleWench View Post
Cool, I'm jealous as my Amigakit pre-order now states that stock is due 2nd May.
You have Amigakit two streets ahead from you. I ordered from Vesalia and I live in the Canary Islands...
Old 01 May 2012, 23:29   #705
amigakit.com

From the package tracking, it looks like we will receive tomorrow sometime... :-)

Lets hope it arrives early so we can start the despatch process.
Old 01 May 2012, 23:54   #706
BarryB
Amigaholic

If it's anything like the Numpty couriers I've had to deal with they'll put 'No one to receive parcel' on the tracking site even though someone was available all day and you'll get it on the 3rd!! Basically they can't be arsed to deliver all their parcels and want to get back to base to toss it off with their mates until clocking off time
Old 02 May 2012, 00:11   #707
FOL
PSPUAE DEV

Send a message via MSN to FOL
Quote:
Originally Posted by BarryB View Post
If it's anything like the Numpty couriers I've had to deal with they'll put 'No one to receive parcel' on the tracking site even though someone was available all day and you'll get it on the 3rd!! Basically they can't be arsed to deliver all their parcels and want to get back to base to toss it off with their mates until clocking off time
lmfao, You been watching courier cam.
Old 02 May 2012, 10:00   #708
TreacleWench
Amigaaaarrrrgghhh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retrofan View Post
You have Amigakit two streets ahead from you. I ordered from Vesalia and I live in the Canary Islands...
Too true, although I must say that on average, I tend to receive orders from Vesalia faster than from Amigakit.
Old 02 May 2012, 10:42   #709
pintcat

Received mine today ...connected it and got a sharp (but slightly deformed) picture. Sadly, if connected via DVI, my monitor doesn't offer many adjustments. Will the software enable me to change the size and position of the picture?
Old 02 May 2012, 11:53   #710
NovaCoder

Hiya,

Is the cable as long as in the other pics, or is the right size for a desktop?
Old 02 May 2012, 12:14   #711
Schoenfeld
electricky.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pintcat View Post
Received mine today ...connected it and got a sharp (but slightly deformed) picture. Sadly, if connected via DVI, my monitor doesn't offer many adjustments. Will the software enable me to change the size and position of the picture?
Yes, that's exactly what the config tool will let you do. The DVI monitor already gets all the info over the digital connection, so the length of sync, front porch and back porch is pretty much useless legacy information. The only information necessary is the number of valid pixels per line and the number of lines, and that is best transferred to the monitor in the same resolution as the physical panel, so you also get rid of the deformation that you currently see.

As the manual states, you're best off with a VGA monitor during the wait for the configtool.

Jens
Old 02 May 2012, 12:18   #712
pintcat

The cable is about 55 cm long as shown in the pictures.

@Jens: Thanx, that's good to know I don't have an old VGA monitor, but until the software is available I can work with what I have now.
I also tested a few screen modes: PAL & NTSC (HiRes interlaced) work fine, HiGfx works too, but is squeezed and even DBL modes work at least with interlacing (but look squeezed too).

PS.: ...and the new socket fits perfect!

Last edited by pintcat; 02 May 2012 at 12:26.
Old 02 May 2012, 12:26   #713
TreacleWench
Amigaaaarrrrgghhh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schoenfeld View Post
Yes, that's exactly what the config tool will let you do. The DVI monitor already gets all the info over the digital connection, so the length of sync, front porch and back porch is pretty much useless legacy information. The only information necessary is the number of valid pixels per line and the number of lines, and that is best transferred to the monitor in the same resolution as the physical panel, so you also get rid of the deformation that you currently see.

As the manual states, you're best off with a VGA monitor during the wait for the configtool.

Jens
Jens, do you have an ETA on when the config tool will be released?

Thanks.
Old 02 May 2012, 12:51   #714
Schoenfeld
electricky.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TreacleWench View Post
Jens, do you have an ETA on when the config tool will be released?
The usual "when it's done". The core must support pixelclock switching first. This has only been tested under lab conditions to make sure that the CPLD code is correct, but didn't move into the release core yet.

Also, all the variables that the config tool will set are still static settings in the core. It'll take some time to make that all variable, but still have it non-volatile in flash. Give us at least this month to work on that.

Quote:
I also tested a few screen modes: PAL & NTSC (HiRes interlaced) work fine, HiGfx works too, but is squeezed and even DBL modes work at least with interlacing (but look squeezed too).
The "look squeezed" thing is most probably a property of your monitor. You should get a picture for almost any screenmode if your monitor can support the output frequency. The current core builds it's own settings for the output screenmode and tries to decide if it doubles a line from the resulting VSync frequency: If VSync-out is over 120Hz, then lines are doubled, to VSync becomes a lower value.

Quote:
PS.: ...and the new socket fits perfect!
Yep, that new tooling was a very valuable addition to the product. Note to everyone: Please really do support your mainbaord when pushing this on, so it doesn't bend too much. This connection is nothing that you should change frequently. It's meant as a one-time thing, and putting it on/pulling it off is quite a punishment for the mainboard(s). Although my test-A1200 has seen a couple of hundred click-on/remove steps last week, I don't recommend to try this at home :-)

Jens

Last edited by Schoenfeld; 02 May 2012 at 13:00.
Old 02 May 2012, 12:53   #715
TreacleWench
Amigaaaarrrrgghhh

Thanks Jens.
Old 02 May 2012, 16:17   #716
amigakit.com

Here we go... Let the hard work begin...
Old 02 May 2012, 16:31   #717
diablothe2nd

w00t! mine is now awaiting dispatch

thanks Amigakit!!
Old 02 May 2012, 23:48   #718
BarryB
Amigaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by diablothe2nd View Post
w00t! mine is now awaiting dispatch

thanks Amigakit!!
Mine still says 'Pending' Nevermind, i've got a 2TB NAS box to setup to keep me occupied for a few days!!
Old 02 May 2012, 23:51   #719
amigakit.com

We received the stock a few hours before we closed today and it will take us a few days of hard work to pack and despatch the Indivision 1200 pre orders.
Old 02 May 2012, 23:54   #720
johnim
Amibay Mod/Staff

mine was saying awaiting stock, now says status ok.