English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.OtherUAE

Old 04 May 2016, 22:49   #661
Hank_Marvin

Good evening,

I'm following this guide.....http://ouyaforum.com/showthread.php?...tails-attached and trying to setup whdload.

But using the latest uae4all2 android app from the store, one in guide is quite old.

I bought amiga forever from the store to for the kickstart Rom's.

The emulator boots and loads the guides hard drive and everything that goes with it but......

When I try and drag the two Rom's into system\dev\kickstarts the cursor turns to the loading clock and never moves the rom inside, I've tried dragging and a copy but that doesn't work.

Not sure if related to the above but when I go I to igame and refresh it never finds any games if I point it to the directory where bloodwhych is it finds it, starts to load the games via whdload and then crashes uae4all2 completely.

So I'm kind of close but not quite, I did test just the a1200 31 rom with some adf games and played them fine and even the 360 pad worked via a otg adapter.

But the HD has all the whd games loaded so would be nice to use it, similar to how I have uae4all setup on pc.

Any help would be great, cheers!

Old 05 May 2016, 13:29   #662
Higgy

Ah yes that is a good guide

First off, what are you trying to install it on?
Second, if this is on a SD card etc, can you copy the files using a Windows/Apple computer?
From memory the WHDload 'HD' is lots of folders rather than a single .HDF file. Although you could use WinUAE and mount the .HDF and set-up a folder on your PC as a HD so you could drag & drop with OPUS (included on ClassicWB) within the WinUAE environment.
Old 08 May 2016, 09:00   #663
Baboon
Moon Monkey

I've just updated to latest version on playstore and the bug with slow down performance when virtual keyboard appears on screen appears to be fixed now.
Old 08 May 2016, 09:53   #664
Hank_Marvin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Higgy View Post
Ah yes that is a good guide

First off, what are you trying to install it on?
Second, if this is on a SD card etc, can you copy the files using a Windows/Apple computer?
From memory the WHDload 'HD' is lots of folders rather than a single .HDF file. Although you could use WinUAE and mount the .HDF and set-up a folder on your PC as a HD so you could drag & drop with OPUS (included on ClassicWB) within the WinUAE environment.
Yeah onto sd which is fine, I've got the kickstart files on there and in my HD directory which I can see within the amiga but when I drag them in the dev folder the amiga stops working, cursor turns to clock and you have to reset.

Old 08 May 2016, 10:05   #665
Baboon
Moon Monkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hank_Marvin View Post
Yeah onto sd which is fine, I've got the kickstart files on there and in my HD directory which I can see within the amiga but when I drag them in the dev folder the amiga stops working, cursor turns to clock and you have to reset.
It may not be the same issue but make sure your amiga hdf is saved on your androids internal memory as uae4all has issues writing to external storage on newer android firmware. In workbench i used to have issues moving things around on my amiga hd but moving it all to internal storage sorted those issues.
Old 08 May 2016, 17:28   #666
Hank_Marvin

Cool will try that! Cheers

Old 29 May 2016, 12:46   #667
Dlbbroguetrader

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoderer View Post
great emu! thanks for that, lubomyr!

I have a problem with my two NES30 Pro (http://8bitdo.com/nes30pro/) bluetooth gampads. Like in some other emulators, Mupen64 for example (N64-emu), it's not possible to use one NES30 Pro as player one and the other device as player two. I guess it's because of the input handling. It would be great, if use4all2 would recognize the two gamepads, so that you can say "device 1" as player one and "device 2" as player two.

The emus Robert Broglia wrote (neo.emu, 2600.emu, c64.emu and so on) have a different bluetooth/input management. Two player action with my gamepads works like a charm.

lubomyr, is that interesting enough for you to investigate or is there already a trick to get this done?

Hi, did you ever get this resolved? Like you Uae4All2 is the only emulator where I can't get two players working.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Old 15 June 2016, 13:53   #668
andwan0

I have Uae4all2 v2.3.7.3
and Android 6.0.1
It's got storage permissions, but I still can't navigate into /storage/emulated/ to get into my sdcard.

Anyone else got this problem?

Old 15 June 2016, 15:20   #669
FOL
PSPUAE DEV

Send a message via MSN to FOL
Quote:
Originally Posted by andwan0 View Post
I have Uae4all2 v2.3.7.3
and Android 6.0.1
It's got storage permissions, but I still can't navigate into /storage/emulated/ to get into my sdcard.

Anyone else got this problem?
Set it correctly in sdl menu.
6.0.1 is a pain, as I can no longer do anything with HDF's, it removes write access to the HDF and when you try and copy to it, it gives IO error. Im rooted and still cant change writes to sd card, its crazy.
Old 07 July 2016, 14:40   #670
Bluenose12

Can anyone help help this novice to UAE4All2?
Every time I try to play PGA Tour Golf I get this message when I try to save my name "Disk is write protected" Now on WinUAE on my PC I just go into Floppy and untick write Protect and that's it...On UAE4All2 though I don't see any such option,can anyone tell me how to write enable my ADF floppy disks?

Old 11 July 2016, 21:59   #671
CDTV1991

Quote:
Originally Posted by FOL View Post
Set it correctly in sdl menu.
6.0.1 is a pain, as I can no longer do anything with HDF's, it removes write access to the HDF and when you try and copy to it, it gives IO error. Im rooted and still cant change writes to sd card, its crazy.
I've just set up UAE4ALL2 on my Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 9.7 with the keyboard/touchpad, it works well so far. I set up a simple Workbench 3.1 HDF file on WinUAE and transferred that to the tablet.

It is driving me crazy not be be able to make changes / writes to the hard drive HDF file. If I create a folder or make any changes it will show on screen as expected, but after a reset that change is gone. This makes hard drive use a bit pointless.

Is there a real barrier that prevents this from ever working again or is it just something in the UAE4ALL2 application itself that could be changed by the author to make it work?

If I could get that working then I'd have a great emulator set up on a super-portable device. I could even copy that HDF to my phone too.
Old 11 July 2016, 22:37   #672
CDTV1991

I'd like to get rid of the space below the Workbench screen which contains the Amiga keyboard graphic, as shown in the screenshot attached

Does anyone know how to change the settings to get rid of that part of the screen?

Last edited by CDTV1991; 20 July 2018 at 22:18.
Old 11 July 2016, 23:53   #673
FOL
PSPUAE DEV

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDTV1991 View Post
I've just set up UAE4ALL2 on my Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 9.7 with the keyboard/touchpad, it works well so far. I set up a simple Workbench 3.1 HDF file on WinUAE and transferred that to the tablet.

It is driving me crazy not be be able to make changes / writes to the hard drive HDF file. If I create a folder or make any changes it will show on screen as expected, but after a reset that change is gone. This makes hard drive use a bit pointless.

Is there a real barrier that prevents this from ever working again or is it just something in the UAE4ALL2 application itself that could be changed by the author to make it work?

If I could get that working then I'd have a great emulator set up on a super-portable device. I could even copy that HDF to my phone too.
You using internal storage as what your describing is what you get when SD card screws up.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk
Old 11 July 2016, 23:55   #674
FOL
PSPUAE DEV

Quote:
I'd like to get rid of the space below the Workbench screen which contains the Amiga keyboard graphic, as shown in the screenshot attached

Does anyone know how to change the settings to get rid of that part of the screen?
Don't you have to press Amiga or alt. I never had that issue. I just leave it as joystick and run joymouse from workbench.

Old 12 July 2016, 14:38   #675
CDTV1991

Quote:
Originally Posted by FOL View Post
You using internal storage as what your describing is what you get when SD card screws up.

The HDF file is stored on the removable SD card, not the tablet's internal storage.

If I move the HDF file to the internal storage, will I be able to write to it?
Old 12 July 2016, 15:33   #676
Baboon
Moon Monkey

Quote:
The HDF file is stored on the removable SD card, not the tablet's internal storage.

If I move the HDF file to the internal storage, will I be able to write to it?
Yep
Old 12 July 2016, 23:20   #677
CDTV1991

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baboon View Post
Yep
Unfortunately I cannot move the HDF file to the root directory

Also when I try to move it to the storage/emulated/ folder I can copy the HDF file there, but I cannot browse to that location within UAE4ALL2
Old 12 July 2016, 23:35   #678
lubomyr
AMIGA EMU DEV

uae4all2-debug-12072016.apk

changes:
- rebuilded with using new api-23
probably it can fix storage permission access (for some new devices)
Old 13 July 2016, 03:00   #679
ransom1122

Thanks. Buying an android box for my tv and waiting to use the latest uae4all2 on it.
Old 13 July 2016, 13:44   #680
lubomyr
AMIGA EMU DEV

I can't understand you guys why are you use uae4all2 when exist new and much powerful emulator uae4arm ?