English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Other Projects > project.Amiga File Server

Old 14 March 2017, 18:49   #601
Retro-Nerd
Missile Command Champion

Not true. 12.03.2017 was the last update for the B, C and L folders. Not sure why you can't see it.
Old 14 March 2017, 19:20   #602
Enverex
Fantasy Man!

Which is more recent than Feburary, heh. My point was that why are they all showing dates of at least Feb this year? Surely most of them (except the new ones) should be much older, e.g. years).
Old 14 March 2017, 19:32   #603
Retro-Nerd
Missile Command Champion

Ah, you've missed it. Retroplay made everthing new. The old Killergorilla packs too, as lha archives.
Old 14 March 2017, 19:39   #604
Enverex
Fantasy Man!

Aaaaaahhhh... shit.

Anyone know if Turran is still (somehow) tracking these for his next update or whether it's worth looking into changes manually somehow?

The reason it's a bit complicated is I only need one good copy of each game (and no non-English ones) so I've grabbed everything before, removed anything duplicated and recompressed them all to 7z, so I can't just compare my current collection to what's here now.

Last edited by Enverex; 14 March 2017 at 19:39. Reason: Typo
Old 14 March 2017, 19:50   #605
rare_j
Zone Friend

There's now a dat file so you can keep track of things going forward, but as for your current collection there's no easy way to get the changes since the big update.
Old 14 March 2017, 19:59   #606
Retro-Nerd
Missile Command Champion

It's better to download it all again. Not only for the better lha archives. There were problems with icons and set tooltypes in some games too.
Old 14 March 2017, 20:39   #607
Enverex
Fantasy Man!

Well I won't be using LHA archives either way, or DAT files as I don't need nor want a lot of the content (and because I do most my work via command line on Linux, which doesn't work well, or at all with DAT programs).

I'll look into downloading everything again, having to rename every archive to be correctly named and removing all the duplicates is a pain though and will take hours.

EDIT: Ok, given up trying to download via FTP anyway. It only allows 1 connection and Filezilla cannot handle that as the browsing window uses one connection with the download thread using another (even if you set it to one concurrent download). I'll wait for Turran's updates.

Last edited by Enverex; 14 March 2017 at 23:44.
Old 15 March 2017, 12:30   #608
jkg

Hi. I'm not familiar with the dat format stuff. Is there any program that can read those and automatically download & update a local folder with the new/changed stuff (given an ftp login and the dat files as input)? Shouldn't be too hard to hack a python script for that, but sounds like something that's already done...
Old 15 March 2017, 12:37   #609
Retro-Nerd
Missile Command Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enverex View Post

EDIT: Ok, given up trying to download via FTP anyway. It only allows 1 connection and Filezilla cannot handle that as the browsing window uses one connection with the download thread using another (even if you set it to one concurrent download). I'll wait for Turran's updates.
You can grab them here too. Works fine with tools like the jdownloader 2.

http://tinyurl.com/m9qjwpy
Old 15 March 2017, 12:52   #610
Enverex
Fantasy Man!

I've actually managed to get the "Mirror" option in the command line client "lftp" working instead which seems to be ticking along happily. That said, I fear this may be a large duplication of effort as I'm not sure how much has really changed since I matched up with Turran's back in September... (although someone did also mention fixes to .info files so...).
Old 15 March 2017, 15:37   #611
Enverex
Fantasy Man!

Does anyone know of any easy way that the files can be renamed to their correct name? What I've done right now is:

- Drop everything after the first underscore
- Insert a space before every capital letter or number

Now that works for some games, e.g. "WormsDirectorsCut_v1.2_AGA_0605.lha" becomes "Worms Directors Cut" but obviously doesn't work well in other instances, e.g. "JaguarXJ220_v1.5_Files_1200.lha" becomes "Jaguar X J 2 2 0" (and this is ignoring the 512K/1MB/AGA duplicate issue still).

It's obviously a long shot but is there some magic API or list somewhere that I can refer to to get the proper game name from?
Old 15 March 2017, 16:28   #612
daxb

The problem is already that people define proper game name different. Then you need to know the exactly naming structure. At last you have the usual string problems you mentioned already. Not impossible but maybe not worth the trouble.
Old 15 March 2017, 16:39   #613
Enverex
Fantasy Man!

Well "proper name" would be whatever typically Wikipedia/HOL/etc agree on being the game's name. I have to rename them though else my scraper won't be able to match them against online databases (e.g. Moby, VGDB, etc) to get info/artwork.

I've done that basic auto-cleanup and now I'm manually correcting what's left, but instead of editing the originals, I'm working on symlinks to the originals so that they can be left exactly as-is, but I can rename the links independently without taking up any space either. Not perfect but seems like the best way to handle this right now.

EDIT: I'll put up a page when I'm done so that people can use it as a reference. May be useful to someone at least.
Old 15 March 2017, 19:47   #614
rare_j
Zone Friend

What you want to do will be possible to do using a bulk renaming tool that works with regular expressions. So you could use a rule that inserts a space after a capital or number only if its not followed by another capital or number.
I find regular expressions difficult and always end up at stackoverflow when I need them, but there are some clever people here who could help you out.
Working with symlinks is a smart move.
Old 15 March 2017, 20:33   #615
Enverex
Fantasy Man!

Yeah, I'm familar with regex. I did a lot by hand in the end but it didn't take quite as long as I expected. It's all done now and I've fixed the names on the ones my scraper didn't quite match (mainly missing "The" from the beginning). Also boo, still no Liberation: Captive II.

Once I'm 99% happy, I'll upload the translation list for anyone else that may want it.
Old 20 March 2017, 13:52   #616
McTrinsic

For renaming as you mention it I use DOpus - on Windows, though.
Old 20 March 2017, 14:45   #617
Enverex
Fantasy Man!

Couldn't put the list here as it's too large for a post, but here's the result I've ended up with - https://retro.sx/internal/temp/whdloadNames.txt
Old 27 March 2017, 11:43   #618
Methanoid
Retired Quartex Sysop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enverex View Post
Couldn't put the list here as it's too large for a post, but here's the result I've ended up with - https://retro.sx/internal/temp/whdloadNames.txt
I may be being dumb but why isnt there a DAT file for RomVault or CLR that does this and also why aren't the files correctly named in 1st place?
Old 27 March 2017, 12:58   #619
manic23
Only Amiga!

Retroplay's WHD uploads

I really do fail to understand why you are so obsessed with the lha file names! The folder inside the lha is a different name anyway so once extracted will not show your file renaming efforts. Also your file names have spaces in them that can sometimes cause problems when extracting on a real Amiga!

Oh and another thing changing the file names makes it harder to keep the set updated as you can't do a sync folder using your FTP client, changing the files names really makes no sense what so ever.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 27 March 2017, 13:40   #620
Enverex
Fantasy Man!

Because when I run my scraper over the collection, it needs to know the actual name of the game to be able to look up details about the game (e.g. artwork, description, developer, etc).

Likewise when selecting games in a frontend, "Crazy Cars 3" looks much better to people than "CrazyCars3_v2.1_NoIntro.lha".

Essentially, with their existing names, the collection is useless (to me at least). Plus as I mentioned earlier, I haven't renamed any of them, I've created symlinks to them and then removed / renamed the links as appropriate.

The result after renaming and scraping is this - https://emerald.xnode.org/emu/?searc...ameTable=amiga (this is just a web frontend to the resulting scraped data, artwork and such is stored separately and used purely in the actual frontend).