Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.WinUAE

Old 16 October 2016, 23:48   #41
JZon

Standby for BoingBag2 WB3.5 results..
Old 17 October 2016, 01:57   #42
emufan

Quote:
Originally Posted by JZon View Post
Vsync: Neither in AMDVisionEngineControlCenter nor stock Win8 advanced settings. (Remember the KitchenSync?)
Sound: Got it. (Another config for games)
Yes, render time. Good looking. Will report back on that probably on a future post.
I was in hope for some more boost, by those energy-settings of windows and amd config.

those setting you get from Quickstart menu - choosing the model of your choise - are good enough for a start.
even while i technicaly dont understand the impact of most settings:
- full collision you need only for some games. workbench stuff doesnt need this.
- disable "cycle exact full"
- "advanced Chipset" i never touched, allways on "combatible settings"
- RTG buffers - i have here triple buffering, but i have 1GB dedicated graphics ram. but i would guess "double buffering" is enough anyway.
- never ever touched those vram/vsync/blackerthanblack settings, default settings just working here for me.

win8: if you already have win8, you should update to 8.1, makes not much difference, but win8.1 will get updates, while 8 will not.
and yep, getting rid of all the autorun crap is really nasty. :/
Old 17 October 2016, 04:57   #43
JZon

Getting Onboard

- RTG buffers - i have here triple buffering, but i have 1GB dedicated graphics ram. but i would guess "double buffering" is enough anyway.

You mean "but i have 1GB dedicated graphics ram on your quad pc?"

Or

You mean "but i have 1GB dedicated graphics ram in WinUAE?"

???

Sounds like the former. (if not, how does WinUAE see 1 gb of video ram? Zorro config with a bunch of expansions?)

Yes, I'm in concordance with the above too. (Except where did you find vsync in WinUAE? "- never ever touched those vram/vsync...") Although, truth be told, aren't we a little beyond quickstart at this point? LOL

Well, I've got some good news and some bad news.

Bad news first, I can't seem to find Boing Bags 1 and 2 for WB3.5. Sorry.

Good news, I tried my existing Boing Bags 1 and 2 on 3.9! and got an increase in mhz!

Click image for larger version

Name:	bb.PNG
Views:	93
Size:	29.7 KB
ID:	50494

I think those power adjustments in AMDVisionEngineControlCenter probably made an impact. I hadn't run two separate tests to see. I just used this new recommended tweak on the config and had already de set the AMDVisionEngineControlCenter adjust. (Could've run more tests with and without AMDVisionEngineControlCenter, but I was a little pressed for time.)

Here is the new config..

A4000 WB3.9bb.uae

So, 3.9 is the new king of the block with increased mhz, official BoingBags 1 and 2, and seems to be the pinnacle of Amiga technology for this setup. (at least on this HP2000 machine)

Thank you, thank you for the great suggestions. I still am following up on stuff from this post.

A major thank you to mark_k for looking over my config. It really perked things up. I make special egg (if you can decode)..

httpscolonforwardslashforwardslashwwwdotyoutubedotcomforwardslashwatchquestionmarkvequalsRiJCFrz1ba8

As far as upgrading to Win8.1 and receiving updates, I'm not sure what's being updated as (I thought) they were all updating to 10. (I guess I could start seeing about cleaning up a 10 setup. Sounds like a gigantic task) And yes, but it doesn't end with AutoRuns, I use about 14 other programs in combination to, for securitorizing and trimming down to bare essentials.

Thank you very much! Brother Jzon
Old 17 October 2016, 05:08   #44
JZon

DinosaurEgg!

Also, big thank you to emufan..

httpscolonforwardslashforwardslashwwwdotyoutubedotcomforwardslashwatchquestionmarkvequals_kWoLfACjA0
Old 17 October 2016, 06:24   #45
JZon

Kudos

Thank you Amiga System, DamienD, and s specially idrougge too!