English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Main > Retrogaming General Discussion

Old 06 February 2022, 22:53   #41
ZEUSDAZ

Just posting for proof I'm not a game hater, only the naff ones receive shitometer ratings, here's my playlists of "Let's Plays" & "Let's Longplays" of really good retro games across many formats that I think are great fun to play, all contain commentary

Let's Longplay Playlist: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...TOEC7cUCrdZWrQ

Let's Play Playlist: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...cqLzZQDfjOfQ_n

Zeus.
Old 07 February 2022, 10:03   #42
kremiso

quite fun the message in the upper right corner
'guaranteed, no t-shirt included' or something like

no Beast approach
Old 07 February 2022, 14:22   #43
jotd
This cat is no more

Quote:
Originally Posted by gimbal View Post
... Chaos Engine? Perhaps you meant Chaos Engine 2

Tried it again (CE2), superb music / superb graphics (real AGA) but gameplay is too frustrating so I gave up. Too stressful, split screen... Magic Pockets is super underrated on the other hand. One disk full of wonderful secrets & features... once you understand how to play properly.
Old 07 February 2022, 22:28   #44
ESC
Bad Banana

Quote:
Originally Posted by jotd View Post
Or maybe they didn't change their clothes during all development.
My theory is that they made the game just so they could afford new clothes?
Old 07 February 2022, 22:45   #45
Tigerskunk
Inviyya Dude!

LOL, are some people really defending this juvenile clickbaity worded crap where the OP usually isn't even bothering to discuss here in the threads he posted.
Old 07 February 2022, 23:04   #46
gimbal
cheeky scoundrel

Nope, just trying to be decent human beings. Try it sometime, you'll make more friends.
Old 08 February 2022, 01:09   #47
clebin

Sorry Zeus, but TBH I’m also not a huge fan of the style of these videos compared with the other stuff on the channel. I do like the idea of reviewing shit games but personally I’d like see more humour or playfulness alongside the faux anger.

There’s a perverse pleasure in experiencing “bad art” but I don’t get any sense of that here. This feels more like Monday morning at a dead end job: “this is all shit, I hate it”. If you don’t sound like you enjoy making a video, I’m not sure what I’m supposed to take from it as a viewer. But if you do secretly enjoy it, I’d like a hint of that.
Old 08 February 2022, 09:14   #48
ZEUSDAZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by clebin View Post
Sorry Zeus, but TBH I’m also not a huge fan of the style of these videos compared with the other stuff on the channel. I do like the idea of reviewing shit games but personally I’d like see more humour or playfulness alongside the faux anger.

There’s a perverse pleasure in experiencing “bad art” but I don’t get any sense of that here. This feels more like Monday morning at a dead end job: “this is all shit, I hate it”. If you don’t sound like you enjoy making a video, I’m not sure what I’m supposed to take from it as a viewer. But if you do secretly enjoy it, I’d like a hint of that.
Not a problem matey, can't please everyone
Stick to my "let's plays" and "let's longplays" then if you want to see GOOD games, but in my defence not all the shit games I review on the SGT series have me enraged , many of them have me on the floor rolling with laughter ,...check the following suggestions for proof:

Human Killing Machine (Amiga),
Double Dragon 1 (Amiga),
Outrun (Dos),...OMG I needed surgery on my sides after playing that!
Veteran (Amiga),
Sabrina (ZX Spectrum),....now this one gave me an excellent excuse to direct a piss-take out of the hardcore feminist movement, made me feel SOOOOOOO much better

Just a side note for those who don't like SGT videos, my advice, if you don't like them then don't watch or comment,...simple, I certainly won't lose sleep, I suggest either (as they say in TV land) turn the channel over.
If that doesn't work then maybe you could either watch reruns of Last of the Summer Wine or Gilligans Island and if that don't work then,....cry me a river!

Last edited by ZEUSDAZ; 08 February 2022 at 09:35.
Old 08 February 2022, 09:24   #49
Tigerskunk
Inviyya Dude!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gimbal View Post
Nope, just trying to be decent human beings. Try it sometime, you'll make more friends.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Psychological_projection

Says the guy defending someone only posting here to promote videos where he shits on coders from back in the day.

Also, what Clebin and Dreadnought said in this thread.

No problem with reviewing and criticizing old bad games, but that whole over sensational "OH WOW, LOOK, IT'S SHIT GAME TIME AND LOOK WHAT THOSE LOSERS DID" angle doesn't gel with me.
What's next then? "OLD AMIGA CODERS DON'T WANT YOU TO SEE THIS VIDEO!!!"?

If not liking that low effort clickbait makes me a "bad and non decent person", then so be it.

Last edited by Tigerskunk; 08 February 2022 at 10:03.
Old 08 February 2022, 10:47   #50
Lord Aga
MI clan prevails

Uh-oh, looks like we need some safe spaces to avoid the harm of naughty words!
Old 08 February 2022, 12:20   #51
Tigerskunk
Inviyya Dude!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Aga View Post
Uh-oh, looks like we need some safe spaces to avoid the harm of naughty words!
Do you realize you are providing the "safe space" here for the OP of this thread, since you feel the need to protect him from being criticized, or are you really as dumb as fuck as you sound?
Old 08 February 2022, 12:21   #52
Tigerskunk
Inviyya Dude!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ice8629 View Post
Most likely too busy with normal every day & family life combined with the amount of work he puts into the channel than to worry about little comments like that , I know I wouldn't waste my time if I were in that position.

Just don't click the thread, read or watch summut else ffs, easy peasy
Says the ten posts guy.
LOL, who are you even?
Old 08 February 2022, 12:49   #53
CodyJarrett
Global Moderator

Everyone: please keep the discussion civil.
Old 08 February 2022, 12:52   #54
Tigerskunk
Inviyya Dude!

Quote:
Oh nobody, about as relevant as yourself,...a no'one
At least not 90% of my post history is dedicated to supporting and defending threads made by that one guy.

Are you by any chance a sock puppet account?

Last edited by Tigerskunk; 08 February 2022 at 12:59.
Old 08 February 2022, 13:42   #55
ZEUSDAZ

Yes please be pleasant on the threads,...that includes mine, Just watch the vid and enjoy or find something else to watch or read on EAB and enjoy that instead, it really Isn't that difficult, there has been many things on the EAB I have not liked but I have never bothered to comment on them,...I mean what's the point in complaining?

I'm too thick skinned to be offended if someone doesn't like me or my content, I got much more bigger things to worry about in life

Just enjoy!!!
Old 08 February 2022, 13:48   #56
Tigerskunk
Inviyya Dude!

Quote:
Couldn't agree more!

It's only a couple on here that can't seem to resist themselves commenting negative stuff on a thread they don't like, most of us either comment cuz they enjoy the subject of a particular thread or simply not click it at all if they don't.
So if I criticize a thread title that I stumbled upon in today's threads category that reads "Shit Game Time: Carver (Amiga), middle fingers to the poogrammers!" I am the "negative person" here? Sure.

I feel it's completely within my rights as a regular forum poster and general contributor to the Amiga scene to point out that I am not happy about wording and content of threads, as compared to someone like you who doesn't contribute anything to this board except ten posts about "Shit Game Time" and one about something else.
Old 08 February 2022, 17:20   #57
haps
Rumpig

I like trains.
Old 08 February 2022, 17:24   #58
ESC
Bad Banana

Quote:
Can someone translate the back of the box? Must be someone who can speak the German lingo ??

If you have a smartphone and have google translate installed on it you can take a picture of the text and the app will translate it for you.

The live translation in that app sucks so that's why I recommend taking a picture instead.
Old 08 February 2022, 17:45   #59
Lord Aga
MI clan prevails

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigerskunk View Post
Do you realize you are providing the "safe space" here for the OP of this thread, since you feel the need to protect him from being criticized, or are you really as dumb as fuck as you sound?
Oooohh I'm soowwy, do you need another safe space to protect you from the mean comments to your comment?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigerskunk View Post
At least not 90% of my post history is dedicated to supporting and defending threads made by that one guy.
But it is dedicated to trying to shut down posts you don't like, you authoritarian soy guzzler.
Old 08 February 2022, 18:34   #60
Tigerskunk
Inviyya Dude!

Quote:
Oooohh I'm soowwy, do you need another safe space to protect you from the mean comments to your comment?
You didn't even grasp what I wrote there, did you, mega brains?

Quote:
But it is dedicated to trying to shut down posts you don't like, you authoritarian soy guzzler.
No, I am just pointing out those videos and the way they are being advertised here are lame as hell.
Seems you little hypocritical ugly nerd are the one needing a safe space here if you cannot take that.

By that same logic I can create a thread here called "SHIT VIDEO REVIEW TIME. GIVING THE MIDDLE FINGER TO SHODDILY RECORDED CLICKBAIT CRAP SHITTING ON OLD GAMES NARRATED BY A RETARD" and everyone criticizing this is a negative person or "needs a safe space".

It works both ways.

Just not sure this is the kind of conversation we want here.