English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Other Projects > project.WHDLoad > project.Killergorilla's WHD packs

Old 15 December 2007, 20:36   #41
Marcuz

i wasn't able to kill the main guy in Black Crypt, and these days i'm not good enough to beat the medusa level ...
Old 15 December 2007, 20:56   #42
Shoonay
Global Caturator

Don't remeber the details, it's been a while, but you mean the boss under the water, marco?
You sure you just don't die from lack of air/breathing potions (or whatever they're named...)? The toughest boss for me, was the Minotaur, and after getting some weapon from either him or some other creature after him, everything went smoothly. Or so I remember it... :/
Old 15 December 2007, 22:20   #43
Marcuz

no mate, i arrived to the last boss, i don't remember the name, you were seupposed to use the combined power of the 4 main weapons or something... i remember to have dealt to him ten of thousands of damages, but it simply didn't die... i don't remember if i did something wrong or it was a bug.

when i played it recently, a couple of years ago, i was stuck at the medusa (the big flying skull) level. the medusa is a bastard, because the objects to defeat it are way beyond its guarded area, so i kept having characters petrified and i lost interest.
the water level is after the medusa and it was preatty easy (the time i reached it) but long. once you have the helmet of waterbreathing and spells for that.
I don't remember the minotaur, it was probably later on the game, along with the skeletal warriors, right? i remember to have played the game about 1994...
Old 15 December 2007, 22:36   #44
Shoonay
Global Caturator

Was a long time when I've played it too...
Damn, the more I try to remind meself, the less I actually remember...
From HOL screenies, I see that "my" Minotaur, was actually named THE MIGHTY RAM DEMON. IIRC from a solution, his turn to die was last from all the creatures you had to kill and gather something - that's why I remember him the toughest, I've always run to him first. He was in the "evil walls with mouths that bite you" part of the dungeon, I'm sure you remember.
I'll check how to defeat the medusa and the final boss, maybe I'll have a more detailed description then the online solutions out there...
Old 15 December 2007, 23:17   #45
Belgarath
HOL Team Member

I took the HOL screenies, the end guy is easy as long as you have the 4 weapons.

You use the shield (I can't be bothered looking up the names) and that stops you being hit, you then use the staff to freeze him, the sword to open the vortex, then the hammer knocks him into it.

The medusa you just keep running from until you've finished the level and got the mirror shield.
Old 16 December 2007, 00:13   #46
DDNI
Targ Explorer

Send a message via ICQ to DDNI Send a message via MSN to DDNI
Downloaded and playing EOTB2 AGA - wonderful game! Many many thanks!
Old 16 December 2007, 11:29   #47
Shoonay
Global Caturator

Me solution from ACS says what Belg said. It's just important to use'em in the right order. That's all. It's really easy once you try it, marc!
Is medusa the very first monster after you go down from the 2nd level? After beating the two-headed ogre I mean?
With all the teleporting thief monsters that get your weapons? AWFUL level. I hate it. It kept me from playing Black Crypt many times after I've finished it... got bored... :/
Old 16 December 2007, 11:30   #48
CFou!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DDNI View Post
Downloaded and playing EOTB2 AGA - wonderful game! Many many thanks!
Old 16 December 2007, 11:31   #49
Shoonay
Global Caturator

CFOU! Thanks for those AGA versions if I didn't already!
Can I use saves from other versions? Amiga WHD/ECS? PC?

Last edited by Shoonay; 16 December 2007 at 16:36.
Old 16 December 2007, 11:43   #50
CFou!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5h00n4y View Post
CFOU! Thanks for those AGA versions if I didn't thanks already!
Can I use saves from other versions? Amiga WHD/ECS? PC?
you can use ECS save game

Indeed, i had ressourced ECS version and updated it to support VGA file directly (except some palette files added. more over intro morph logo & outro was created in VGA because it wasn't present on PC version. thanx again Marco for your work on outro )
Old 16 December 2007, 12:00   #51
Shoonay
Global Caturator

That's cool! Thanks!
Old 16 December 2007, 13:39   #52
Marcuz

if you are an Icewind Dale fan: i had made about 30 prortraits from that game in Eye of the Beholder AGA, a version that i have no more alas, CFOU, do you have it still?

Shoonay: the medusa is about half way down. the last time i played it was standing all the time 2 or 3 blocks at most distant from the door in its area, so that when i got in, it killed me all the times
so threw away the savegame.
maybe i'll try and play it again. the level with the thief is before that: i think that the order in HOL for the screenshots is a little wrong... the best levels to me are the red and blue ones: i don't know why but they instilled in me a sense of lost, ancient and dread...
... i think i'm more than a little OT now
Old 16 December 2007, 14:45   #53
Belgarath
HOL Team Member

The HOL screenshots are in the order I played the game, you don't have to do it in that order of course but it worked for me
Old 16 December 2007, 17:11   #54
Marcuz

you are right! i forgot that there are levels that you can explore in different order
Old 16 December 2007, 21:33   #55
CFou!

Quote:
Originally Posted by marco pedrana View Post
if you are an Icewind Dale fan: i had made about 30 prortraits from that game in Eye of the Beholder AGA, a version that i have no more alas, CFOU, do you have it still?
yes i still have it
Old 04 July 2008, 18:25   #56
Calgor
(Amigas && Amigos)++

I know this has gone way OT, but to bring it back on topic, was just playing the Skid Row crack of EOB2 through WinUAE, and it was also missing the music in the character selection screen.
Old 04 July 2008, 21:18   #57
Belgarath
HOL Team Member

Music plays fine for me with the skid row crack.
Old 04 July 2008, 23:03   #58
Kristian95
A4000T owner :)

I've played this mainly on PC, but I was wondering whether the following happens in the Amiga version as well:

I have a character who is not at maximum level yet and his hitpoints are 120+... as soon as the hitpoints go above 128 (from levelling) he dies with negative hitpoints (I guess the counter they made is 2^7... is there a hack / patch to fix this?
Old 05 July 2008, 00:52   #59
Marcuz

mmm the maximum should be 256, i.e. the hexadecimal FF, as the space in the documents for the HP is only of two chiffres... a careless hex editing resulted to me in ten thousands points above zero...

however it may be, i think that you are referring to EoB 1, as Eob 2 characters, due to the higher level cap, should go well past 128 HP
Old 05 July 2008, 01:02   #60
Kristian95
A4000T owner :)

sorry I was referring to EOB 1 characters *feeling dumb for not clarifying it in the first place*