English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Main > Amiga scene

Old 13 June 2023, 14:52   #41
dreamkatcha
I've got a new byline

What about issuing official badges of honour to verify the non-scumbaggery status of approved members? That would filter out the bad apple, e-begging, scam artist, hit and run spammers. Guaranteed.
Old 14 June 2023, 05:15   #42
grelbfarlk

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamkatcha View Post
What about issuing official badges of honour to verify the non-scumbaggery status of approved members? That would filter out the bad apple, e-begging, scam artist, hit and run spammers. Guaranteed.
That's a good idea. We could just have a quick Voight-Kampff test when people enlist in the Super Harmonius Amiga Team.
Then trusted members could get issued a badge and when people say they are flicking the power supply on and off and are covered in vegemite, an officer can come along and flash their badge and say, "Sir, we're going to need to see your RDB. Just calmly open HDToolbox, sir."
Old 14 June 2023, 06:34   #43
grelbfarlk

And one more thing. We're going to assist with the sponsoring of a really good game with a commercial tie in? What's your favorite treat? Does your heart crave the pure sugary sweetness of Runts or is it a Werther's Original? Do you long to just bite off half of a Twix? Well our best animated protagonist is going to jump for them while running right. Yes. It's a commercial tie in. And this will be even more beneficial to the community than it was to Chupa Chups.
Old 14 June 2023, 06:36   #44
giantclam

Vegemite =)
Old 14 June 2023, 08:51   #45
TCD
HOL/FTP busy bee

Old 15 June 2023, 04:34   #46
grelbfarlk

Perfect, the first level the health pickups can be just pickle slices. Then next level pickle spears. Then full pickles and various kinds like spicy pickles that let you spit fireballs.
Then full pickle jars which you keep after and get a spray bottle to spray enemies in the face with pickle brine.
Then the big bad causes a supply chain issue where there are no pickles and you have to get through a tough level with no health pickups.
The next level is a fetch quest where you have to find vinegar, salt, sugar. After you clear out all of the monsters from the cucumber patch you finally make your own pickles but in the cutscene that plays you start throwing up from poor pickle canning.
The next level opens up and you're trying to get to a warehouse where commercially jarred pickles might be found and you die from foodborn illness.

While you are in hell you discover the evil scheme to make crisps the default side to a sandwich and claw your way out of hell.

Hopefully Spreelinge doesn't have a problem with this storyline, because it is set in stone.
Old 15 June 2023, 17:03   #47
Korban

If I sign up or donate will I receive a slice of cheese periodically?
I heard through the grapevine there was going to be cheese based incentives.

I like cheese.
Old 15 June 2023, 21:41   #48
Pyromania

Yes, if you join they are very willing to cut the cheese for you.
Old 15 June 2023, 22:23   #49
Hedeon
Semi-Retired

I'll donate all my money I earned with the PPC cards to this endeavour!
Old 16 June 2023, 03:06   #50
grelbfarlk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Korban View Post
If I sign up or donate will I receive a slice of cheese periodically?
I heard through the grapevine there was going to be cheese based incentives.

I like cheese.
I uh... sure I suppose we can do that. I mean if it's super successful, we can just have one of our ministers put a slice of cheese in an envelope and drop it in the post now and then or maybe monthly.

*EDIT* On further research yes we can and will assure that a floppy disk shaped piece of cheese can be sent out by our minister of dairy and electrolytes.
https://www.etsy.com/listing/9725412...ne-mold-floppy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hedeon View Post
I'll donate all my money I earned with the PPC cards to this endeavour!
NoOoOoOo... your money isn't good here sir.

Last edited by grelbfarlk; 16 June 2023 at 06:18.
Old 16 June 2023, 06:46   #51
BSzili
old chunk of coal

Can we pick the type of cheese we receive for our subcription?
Old 16 June 2023, 08:49   #52
TCD
HOL/FTP busy bee

Quote:
Originally Posted by BSzili View Post
Can we pick the type of cheese we receive for our subcription?
That mold is gold. I'm sure that grelbfarlk cheese squeezers incorporated will be able to squeeze almost any cheese* in disk shape using that advanced piece of Etsy technology.

*not including hard cheeses and/or ricotta.
Old 16 June 2023, 14:06   #53
number6

@grelbfarlk

Sorry. Can not invest until you integrate legitimate forward thinking growth potential technology into this project....NFTs.

Old 16 June 2023, 15:40   #54
Pyromania

Solid gold coins for everyone who joins. And they also get a free Apple Watch Ultra.
Old 16 June 2023, 15:57   #55
Bren McGuire

please take all my money i have blind faith on anything with the "amiga" name on it
Old 16 June 2023, 21:20   #56
Karlos
Alien Bleed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyromania View Post
Solid gold coins for everyone who joins. And they also get a free Apple Watch Ultra.
Also, a t-shirt.
Old 16 June 2023, 22:53   #57
grelbfarlk

Quote:
Originally Posted by number6 View Post
@grelbfarlk

Sorry. Can not invest until you integrate legitimate forward thinking growth potential technology into this project....NFTs.

Absolutely NFTs. You'll be able to buy NFTs for the Untitled Sponsored Content Platform game which will require an internet connection and an active subscription. Every person with an NFT can enable it in-game, for instance you can upgrade your protagonist with a Kung Fu NFT and just punch your way through levels on your next playthrough.

Members who buy monster NFTs can sit there giggling as say a crocodile waiting for the player to jump over them but nope, jump out of the water and swallow them.
The player will never know who's out to get them.
Old 17 June 2023, 01:27   #58
Pyromania

Fleecy Moss better be in charge of this effort or it doesn’t count. He will have to be rescued from planet Kosh.

http://www.amiworld.it/interviste/fleecy_eng.html

Last edited by Pyromania; 17 June 2023 at 03:04.
Old 17 June 2023, 05:54   #59
grelbfarlk

Think of like a "One" "Everything" program for amiga. It could like just browse Amibay and Ebay and be MUI driven and have an IRC component and a forums interface and a Steam like games platform. You could like run WHDLoad games from it (after store authentication and license check is performed) and while the crack screen is playing it could serve up ads for similar games you'd like to play.
Start up Chuck Rock and Joe And Mac and BC Kid ads would run with a convenient link to buy them and add them to your library. This would only pop up three or so times during loading and once again when the disk swap would occur, again three or so times.
Old 17 June 2023, 06:59   #60
Pyromania

That One App better blow Automated sweet kisses to AmiBay Mods to avoid the hard ban hammer!