English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Main > Amiga scene

Old 19 June 2024, 20:15   #41
alexh
Thalion Webshrine

Quote:
Originally Posted by paraj View Post
Amiga side and uploaded to the VC4, bypassing the ARM processor, so while not 100% 68k I think this is not what you're asking
Funny enough I did see that. I assumed it was compiled into into a binary blob that the 68k driver uploaded.

Quote:
Originally Posted by paraj View Post
(*): If/when this works better we may want a special (newer) version to better arbitrate the hardware between different drivers and add proper interrupt support etc, but again this is not a material change to what is already available/possible
I find that all magical. Converting ARM interrupts somehow into emulated 68k interrupts. Perhaps the interrupt controller needs to be exposed to 68k side? I digress.
Old 19 June 2024, 20:42   #42
paraj

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexh View Post
Funny enough I did see that. I assumed it was compiled into into a binary blob that the 68k driver uploaded.
FWIW it's not just one blob that's uploaded, rather it's built by small bits and pieces composed at runtime 68k-side depending on what's being rendered. For each similar batch of triangles a fragment shader is composed and uploaded (amiga side), and then then the batch is rasterized (vc4 side). I had hoped this would be quick enough,but the problem is that it doesn't utilize the internal caches of the graphics chip well enough.

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexh View Post
I find that all magical. Converting ARM interrupts somehow into emulated 68k interrupts. Perhaps the interrupt controller needs to be exposed to 68k side? I digress.
Yes, exactly. Michal has more or less done the work (long time ago even AFAII), but needs Amiga side consumers and debugging. "Just" a matter of saying ARM interrupt goes to e.g. Amiga level 6 interrupt, but needs to not ruin everything else
Old 20 June 2024, 09:26   #43
thellier

You dont need to create a shader each time to emulate the fixed pipeline of Warp3D for 68k
I did a Wazp3D for OS4 that was using Nova as hardware renderer so it was using shaders too for rendering and I needed only to generate shaders for multitexturing that only Warp3D v5 for OS4 have
For the other cases (Warp3D v4 for OS3) I just needed a single vertex shader and one fragment shader that test the TexEnv Mode (Replace, modulate,add,etc..) and compute the pixels accordingly

Mail me for this shader source
thellier ¤ free ' fr

Last edited by thellier; 20 June 2024 at 09:35.
Old 20 June 2024, 18:55   #44
paraj

Quote:
Originally Posted by thellier View Post
You dont need to create a shader each time to emulate the fixed pipeline of Warp3D for 68k
I did a Wazp3D for OS4 that was using Nova as hardware renderer so it was using shaders too for rendering and I needed only to generate shaders for multitexturing that only Warp3D v5 for OS4 have
For the other cases (Warp3D v4 for OS3) I just needed a single vertex shader and one fragment shader that test the TexEnv Mode (Replace, modulate,add,etc..) and compute the pixels accordingly

Mail me for this shader source
thellier ¤ free ' fr
I only make new shader on first use obviously You can see the shader sources in qpu directory: https://github.com/mras0/vc4d/tree/master/qpu
It's basically "outer_loop" with body + the various stages depending on z mode / alpha blend etc (you can see e.g. w3d_decal.qasm , w3d_one_minus_src_alpha.qasm). Not the best approach or anything, but it meant I could avoid making a shader "compiler".

This part is fine I think, the big problem is that I can't make use of the texture/z cache. It's basically a GPGPU software rasterizer, that I had hoped would be fast enough, but bandwidth limitations are killing me, and unfortunately I'm forced to use the whole 3d pipeline with all that complexity to make progress (which is why it needs a rewrite).