English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Main > Retrogaming General Discussion

Old 08 August 2003, 12:42   #41
gal_vnv

As it was said, Flashback has got a 3D sequel (Fade To Black). But there "was" also 2D one - Adelide/Delphine were working at GBA Flashback game. Unfortunately (?), this project has been cancelled. You may download a beta version of this game (GBA ROM: New: *BETA* Flashback Legend (E)), but it's just a crap with comic graphics and only hero sprite resembles that from the original game (but surely it also would be changed in later development stage).

BTW - not everyone knows, that also Another World (OoTW) has got a sequel. It's SegaCD "Heart Of Alien" (not "Heart Of Darkness"!) - it hasn't been written by Eric Chahi, but it's worth seeing as it tells complete story of Lester and Buddy). Get it from Underdogs: http://www.the-underdogs.org/game.php?id=3180

---
And some of sequels/remakes, that are coming to our PCs and NextGens:

Prince Of Persia: Sands Of Time (PC, PS2, XBOX, GBA)
Spy Vs Spy (PS2, XBOX)
Robin Hood: Defender Of The Crown (PC, PS2, XBOX - now in 3D!)
Speedball: Arena (PC - massive multiplayer sport game)
Geoff Cramond's Stunt Car Racer (???)

Old 08 August 2003, 16:48   #42
the wolf
Just Leeching

Quote:
Originally posted by JudasEZT
Just they would had to make a better gameplay.. man Ive never been as deceived as with this game. how boring and uninspired!!
Are you joking, I hope...

Maybe this wasn't your kind of game, but it's damn good!
Old 09 August 2003, 00:10   #43
JudasEZT

Quote:
Originally posted by the wolf
Are you joking, I hope...

Maybe this wasn't your kind of game, but it's damn good!
no joking.
Old 10 August 2003, 17:13   #44
7-Zark-7
Zone Friend

Lightbulb

I would've liked to have seen a sequel to Lost Vikings on the Amiga, despite its console origins it was an enjoyable game.(Yes,I know,the sequel was alright on PS1, but a sequel on the Amiga would've been possible).

And a sequel to Unreal (the old Ubi soft game, not the PC drivel), with some improvements in the gameplay (more so the 2D areas,which though nice to look at weren't that great to play),that 3D flying section had potential.
Old 11 August 2003, 05:30   #45
Shatterhand
Warhasneverbeensomuchfun

Well, Elite 3 exists on PC, and Lost Vikings 2 also got a SNES release.

Heart of Alien is as good as Another World, but this time you play with the alien, with Lester helping you! It unfolds the whole story of Another World, and it's an incredible sequel.

Now WHY THE FUCKING HELL they only released it for the Sega CD? The Amiga could easily handle it (It's basically the same engine of Another World), and even any console and PC could easily handle it too.

I will never forgive Delphine for that.
Old 11 August 2003, 17:27   #46
7-Zark-7
Zone Friend

@Shatterhand. I wasn't aware of Lost Vikings 2 on the Snes, there was a sequel that got released on playstation, but I don't know if it was the same game as the SNES.(haven't seen/played it in years though). But a sequel could've been done for sure on the Amiga, they did a good job with porting the original.
Old 11 August 2003, 17:33   #47
killergorilla
Lesser Talent

Quote:
Originally posted by Shatterhand
Now WHY THE FUCKING HELL they only released it for the Sega CD?
Worse than that is that it was never released in Europe. There was no PAL release. damn scum.
Old 11 August 2003, 20:08   #48
Drake1009

Lost vikings 2 came out for SNES and PC and apparently PSX too. I can't imagine the PSX version being a completely different version though. The PC and SNES versions were like the first only with pre-rendered 3D graphics for characters, more dark and not so cartoony worlds, and a couple of more characters.
Old 12 August 2003, 06:46   #49
Shatterhand
Warhasneverbeensomuchfun

Well, after a quick research on Lost Vikings, I got even more confused

SNES got a game called "Lost Vikings 2"
PC got a game called "Norse by Norsewest: The Return of the Lost Vikings" which supposedly, is the same game as the SNES one
The PSX got a game called "Lost Vikings 2: Norse by Norsewest", which I believe should be the same game too.
And the Saturn got 2 titles: "Lost Vikings 2" and "Lots Vikings II: Norse by Norsewest"

Now I am believing that both saturn games are actually the same, and this was an error.

Anyway, I do believe Lost Vikings 2 could had been easily ported to the Amiga too. The Amiga of LV1 version looks better than the SNES or PC version IMO.

About Heart of Alien

if you check out Delphine's website, they say Another World, Out of this World and Heart of Alien are ALL THE SAME GAME.

They don't even know their OWN GAME WAS ACTUALLY A SEQUEL TO ANOTHER GAME THEY'VE MADE.
Are they stupid or what?
Old 12 August 2003, 10:06   #50
Methanoid
Retired Quartex Sysop

Deuteros !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 12 August 2003, 16:39   #51
7-Zark-7
Zone Friend

Thumbs up

Quote:

PC got a game called "Norse by Norsewest: The Return of the Lost Vikings" which supposedly, is the same game as the SNES one
The PSX got a game called "Lost Vikings 2: Norse by Norsewest", which I believe should be the same game too.
And the Saturn got 2 titles: "Lost Vikings 2" and "Lots Vikings II: Norse by Norsewest"

Now I am believing that both saturn games are actually the same, and this was an error.

Anyway, I do believe Lost Vikings 2 could had been easily ported to the Amiga too. The Amiga of LV1 version looks better than the SNES or PC version IMO.

Hear,Hear Shatterhand!!
Definitely agree. Whilst it might've had console origins, You really couldn't tell that to play it,it "felt" like a home computer/Amiga game at heat.
That description Drake has sounds vaguely familar of what I remember of it-I recall one of the guys having a robot "grappling" arm ala Turrican 3/Bionic Commando style. I really wish I'd gotten it now! Although it wasn't that different,(hence why I would've loved to have seen a more original miggy dedicated sequel!)
Old 12 August 2003, 17:35   #52
Drake1009

Robotic arm, fart power, play as a werewolf, and I think a bat as well. Every level ended with you finding a witch.
Old 12 August 2003, 18:01   #53
spajdr
Old fart

Send a message via ICQ to spajdr
Quote:

About Heart of Alien

if you check out Delphine's website, they say Another World, Out of this World and Heart of Alien are ALL THE SAME GAME.

They don't even know their OWN GAME WAS ACTUALLY A SEQUEL TO ANOTHER GAME THEY'VE MADE.
Are they stupid or what?
This is bullshit of course ..

http://www.mobygames.com/game/sheet/gameId,8140/

heart of the alien is 40MB zipped .. just getting it .. i will post some pictures over segacd emulator (i think it exists hehe)
Old 12 August 2003, 18:34   #54
gal_vnv

Another World

About 'Another World' - have you seen 3DO version? I was REALLY impressed when I saw those screens:
http://www.cahudson.freeserve.co.uk/.../anotherworld/
Even music/sfx is better (even than SegaCD version)
I've downloaded ISO (300mb), but emulation level is not good at this moment (www.freedo.org).

Old 29 May 2013, 18:47   #55
quahappy
Born again WinUAE user

I was wondering earlier about a sequels thread and here it is: ten years old! Can't see the point of starting another one so here's my two bobs worth.

Now here's a game I consider well worthy of a sequel. Decent graphics. Wacky SFX and music. And that all-important gotta have one more go factor: Will Harvey's Zany Golf. Most reviews were quite positive and any negatives received was because of the annoyingly long loading times (dramatically reduced in WinUAE these days ).

Hall of Light entry: http://hol.abime.net/1620

Video: [ Show youtube player ]

Think the only game in recent years I've played that comes remotely close to Zany Golf is 3D Mini Golf Challenge on Android.

The sequel could had fixed the long loading times, added another bunch of wacky holes to play (maybe double) and maybe had a better scoring system.

Others I'd like to had seen sequels for:

Rocket Ranger
Buggy Boy
D/Generation

Yup, there are remakes (especially D/Generation) but it doesn't add anything new except updated graphics. I'd like to had seen proper sequels.
Old 29 May 2013, 19:38   #56
gimbal
cheeky scoundrel

Nice thread!

I'd have been insanely happy with a proper Gods sequel, but only if it wasn't the classic bitmaps slow framerate.
Old 29 May 2013, 21:27   #57
Marcuz

I wish they did Eye of the Beholder II, that game was so nice! I don't understand why they didn't, I think it was also pretty successful back then!
At least they haven't gone and done something boring with a dozen of levels all alike and uninspired monsters.
Old 30 May 2013, 11:13   #58
gimbal
cheeky scoundrel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcuz View Post
I wish they did Eye of the Beholder II
Gimby is confused :s

http://hol.abime.net/2904

I guess you mean EOTB3, but then on the Amiga and done properly by Westwood?
Old 30 May 2013, 11:21   #59
roy bates

hired guns 2 and ufo enemy unknown/unseen
Old 30 May 2013, 11:30   #60
TCD
HOL/FTP busy bee

Quote:
Originally Posted by gimbal View Post
Gimby is confused :s
I think that Marcuz might be a tad sarcastic here...

Oh oh... and I wish they would have made a MegaLoMania sequel (instead of a gazillion Dune II ones...)

Plus a To Be On Top sequel or at last a 'remake' for the Amiga... *sigh*