English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Other Projects > project.Amiga Game Factory

Old 26 January 2011, 11:50   #41
SunChild
EAB Noobie

This whole thread reads like a soap opera / thriller, just love it!

Of course I may be all for the suspense here, but this has better turn into a happy end eventually or it would prove such a let-down...

The demo runs great indeed, and glimpses of hope for a possible new amiga game project development (and arisen from the dead too!) arouses me like good swedish (duh! I'm such a geeeek really! (' -_-)
Old 31 January 2011, 01:27   #42
Lord Riton

11 Years is a LONG TIME !!

I didn't touch my Amiga for that many years, and i really had a hard time to get into the code of QON again. It was, and still is at many points, like if i had to get into a code from someone else.. I know now ! I need to comment MORE !! and BETTER !! my code !

but i think i can now safely say that i have it back into my hands !

.. still waiting on that usb/rs232 adapter... <----- Edit: It came !! i finnaly have all i need to connect my Amiga to my PC, now let's hope all is working !

Last edited by Lord Riton; 31 January 2011 at 17:10.
Old 31 January 2011, 23:21   #43
sleggan

Amazing!

The 3D looks REALLY good in WinUAE atleast. I have not tried it on my A1200 yet, but will do that too
Old 01 February 2011, 23:45   #44
Lord Riton

Yesterday was a buzy and even a bit painfull day for me. I tryed to improve my Chunky to planar code for QON, using the blitter to help it. I did not use the blitter (hardware wise) since.. what ? 12 years ? yes that's about right. Needless to say it was painfull.
I had a bug and it took me a long time to find it, then another, and the next.. i ended going to bed at 4 in the morning calling myself "stupid dumb amateur programmer" (well it was in french) .
This morning i woke up at 9 and immediatly went on the QON code bugs with passion !.. and success !

QON is now about 10% faster!... that only if you watch a close wall,... with no objects or other walls arround... you will probably not notice that improvement at all, lol but at least i could kill some "bugs", and i know now very well how the Amiga blitter works

Am asking myself if i should not find some internet home for QON, because i cannot always replace the files here on this forum, as attachments. I always wanted to create my own website, but never came to do this. what do you guys think about some place like http://sourceforge.net/ ? Or have any other suggestions ?
Old 01 February 2011, 23:51   #45
TCD
HOL/FTP busy bee

SourceForge is a good idea, but if you need some space for your own website, I'm sure you'll find some kind fellas offering you free hosting on here I could ask some people if you want to go that way.
Looking forward to see the next version you're going to release (and hope I can wander around a bit this time ).
Old 01 February 2011, 23:55   #46
prowler
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Riton View Post
Am asking myself if i should not find some internet home for QON, because i cannot always replace the files here on this forum, as attachments. I always wanted to create my own website, but never came to do this. what do you guys think about some place like http://sourceforge.net/ ? Or have any other suggestions ?
Note that you do not need to replace attached files on this forum as you progress.

You can delete attachments to your previous posts by using the Edit function. Removing them from your posts will also delete them from the attachments in your User Control Panel, freeing up some storage space for further attachments.

New versions you wish to release can be attached to new posts as the thread progresses, and you can delete old versions which no longer serve any useful purpose by removing the attachments from old posts as you go.

You can keep several of the latest versions available at the same time by this method using your attachments storage allowance as a buffer so that testers can "roll back" to a previous version if they should wish.
Old 02 February 2011, 10:12   #47
Lord Riton

Quote:
Originally Posted by prowler View Post
You can keep several of the latest versions available at the same time by this method using your attachments storage allowance as a buffer so that testers can "roll back" to a previous version if they should wish.
Well, when i go to my attachments, i see QON taking 651kb, and the attachment bar is about 75% red, what probably means i can only have 1 version of QON in there at the same time.

I think i will try sourceforge for now, will update this thread here and provide links when i update it there, if that's ok
Old 02 February 2011, 10:18   #48
SunChild
EAB Noobie

All wonderful news Lord Riton!!

"Bon courage et bonne chance" on continuing your coding of QON, and I guess I can safely say you may rely on us for providing a lot of moral support and motivation (as well as tech support too prolly, from the other experienced coders in here). (^_^)d

(Suggestion: I guess now would be appropriate to move this thread to Other Projects > Amiga Game Factory, it's not really fitting in General Retrogaming, what do you admin guys think? )

Last edited by SunChild; 02 February 2011 at 10:26. Reason: (suggestion)
Old 02 February 2011, 10:45   #49
Lord Riton

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunChild View Post
(Suggestion: I guess now would be appropriate to move this thread to Other Projects > Amiga Game Factory, it's not really fitting in General Retrogaming, what do you admin guys think? )
I'm all for that move if that's a more appropriate place for it
Old 02 February 2011, 10:49   #50
TCD
HOL/FTP busy bee

Moved and changed the thread title.
Old 02 February 2011, 10:55   #51
Lord Riton

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCyberDruid View Post
Moved and changed the thread title.
Ha ! thank you
Old 02 February 2011, 18:48   #52
Lord Riton

Quote:
Originally Posted by prowler View Post
Amiga Explorer

Null Modem Cable

Edit: Amiga Explorer must be used with a null modem cable which matches the specification given in the above link.

Amiga Explorer is an excellent program for making all the files on your Amiga available to your PC via a Windows Explorer type interface, but it is slow because it uses a serial link. Copying the entire content of a hard drive to your PC is really a "leave it running overnight" job.

It's not working for me

I have the Null modem cable, connected btw amiga (25 pin), and PC (9 pin to USB with a working usb/serial driver).

Why does things never work forme when it comes to hardware !?

am just frustrated and more frustrated and more.. i want to throw both computers through the window ! my-self following them right affter..just have enough

When i enter the sequence: "Type SER: to RAM:Setup" on my Amiga, then i press ok button on PC side, then, well The PC seems to transfer that setup file, but it never comes to an end on amiga side, the cli (or shell) window just gets stuck non-stop..ctrl+c doesn't give the hands back..

just have enough bah!!...
Old 02 February 2011, 19:03   #53
Siggy999

I had that happen to me last time I installed it - but when I looked in RAM: the file had transferred - just the cli didn't close.

Also - the script it had sent had some bad formatting codes at the end of a couple of lines - I edited them out and (If I remember correctly) ran the script (arexx?).

Anyways - it went to the next stage after that and transferred the file across.

Although it makes me wonder if you can't just copy the needed files across on a MS DOS formatted 720k floppy - I didn't have that option as the 2000 I bought had a bad floppy drive - and very minimal software on it..

I also used this util to transfer some adf files and utilities - I remember having to upgrade from 1.3 to 2.0 before I could even get aexplorer working (no mean feat without a floppy drive)

Once I got it working though - it's been a very very valuable tool for me, as it doesn't look like I'll have any 'amiga money' for quite some time (the joys of being a new Dad)
Old 02 February 2011, 19:41   #54
Lord Riton

Ok that setup file was indeed transfered, but i had to use "type ser: to work:setup" because it got lost in ram: affter a reset.

I then launched "RX work:setup", and it seemed to work too, Arexx executed on Amiga side and on the PC side we could see that there was some transfer of a setup file and a bar that went from empty to full.

But then on next step, some other file on PC side seemed to start transfer and then nothing, affter a while i got a error reading COM port on the PC. I hate when things like this doesn't work, i hate beeing so powerless in these damm situations !

Last edited by Lord Riton; 02 February 2011 at 19:48. Reason: Back to back posts merged. Use the edit function.
Old 02 February 2011, 19:53   #55
BippyM
Global Moderator

Lord Riton.. I love your Avatar The best game ever
Old 02 February 2011, 19:57   #56
Lord Riton

Quote:
Originally Posted by bippym View Post
Lord Riton.. I love your Avatar The best game ever
Word !!

Really would love a Captive version for the xbox 360.

.. but for now i need to be able to transfer files between my amiga and my PC, and i am not close to do it i fear
Old 02 February 2011, 19:57   #57
BippyM
Global Moderator

Lol I am a PS3 boy myself
Old 02 February 2011, 20:06   #58
gimbal
cheeky scoundrel

Quote:
Originally Posted by bippym View Post
Lol I am a PS3 boy myself
Captive fans are smart like that.
Old 02 February 2011, 20:07   #59
BippyM
Global Moderator

I am indeed smart.. Thanks for the compliment!
Old 02 February 2011, 22:27   #60
Lord Riton

Error reading from COM port.Error reading from COM port.Error reading from COM port.Error reading from COM port.Error reading from COM port.Error reading from COM port.Error reading from COM port.Error reading from COM port.Error reading from COM port.Error reading from COM port.Error reading from COM port.Error reading from COM port.Error reading from COM port.Error reading from COM port.Error reading from COM port.Error reading from COM port.Error reading from COM port.Error reading from COM port.Error reading from COM port.

thats about the many times i tryed this,...

guess i'll just remove my Amiga back to the cave again.

Ah well i had added a lot of nice textures for QON, really wanted to continue and maybe to finish it even..