Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.WinUAE

Old 10 June 2009, 17:06   #41
Kyon
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kyon
Toni is impressive man thats perfectly working
Old 11 June 2009, 14:46   #42
thomas

Diskswapper is broken: it only shows the "input source" column from the input panel.
Old 14 June 2009, 14:04   #43
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

http://www.winuae.net/files/b/winuae_1610b4.zip

Beta 4:

- mixed disk swapper panel id and number of input panel columns..
- magic mouse was unreliable in directinput mouse mode ("mouse *")
- magic mouse can be switched on/off on the fly
- utf8 configuration entries didn't work correctly and caused duplicate entries. (fix by loading and saving config again)
- added generic disk icon image (from Cloanto) that is associated with disk image extensions (if enabled in associations panel) This may change before 1.6.1 if my brother feels less lazy next week
- App Paths winuae.exe reg key created if winuae is run as admin at least once, this fixes some file association issues (wrong or missing icon for example), also some other association updates
- statefile harddisk restore problem fixed (still not guaranteed to work..)
- 60Hz on PAL (or 50Hz on NTSC) sound sync/vsync calculation was incorrect
- in AGA only HAM6 or HAM8 supported. HAM mode bit set with 5 or 7 planes seems to be ignored (OCS/ECS has "HAM5")
- HAM ignored AGA BPLAM (BPLCON4) bits
Old 15 June 2009, 21:33   #44
smoorke

Send a message via MSN to smoorke
After alt-tabbing or middlemouse-button i'm having trouble getting winuae161b4 to recapture the mouse
This easely reproducable when the windows mousepointer is anything but the standard one.
ie. when it's a double pointed resizing arrow it won't capture the mouse (movement is translated but the windows pointer is still active)
This is happening with 'Magic Mouse' off.
I'm not sure what's cousing this, it's even harder to re-capture the mouse when running on WinXP than it is on Vista

edit: i'm too tired atm to do extensive testing. above situation may or may not be completely correct but the problem is

Last edited by smoorke; 15 June 2009 at 23:10.
Old 16 June 2009, 12:22   #45
Hobbe

WinUAE crashes when this file is added to "Hard drives"

The config appears to be entirely irrelevant to the issue.
Attached Files
File Type: txt winuaebootlog.txt (10.3 KB, 229 views)
Old 16 June 2009, 19:41   #46
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by smoorke View Post
After alt-tabbing or middlemouse-button i'm having trouble getting winuae161b4 to recapture the mouse
This easely reproducable when the windows mousepointer is anything but the standard one.
This is by design (and since 1.6.0 b7 or something..), trying to resize the window (too) easily captured the mouse.
Old 17 June 2009, 01:05   #47
smoorke

Send a message via MSN to smoorke
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toni Wilen View Post
This is by design (and since 1.6.0 b7 or something..), trying to resize the window (too) easily captured the mouse.
still the windows mouse pointer gets stuck on resize mode even after clicking multiple times. maybe make it so a doubleclick captures in this case.
Old 17 June 2009, 14:59   #48
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

http://www.winuae.net/files/b/winuae_1610b5.zip

Beta 5: (1.6.1 RC)

- JIT indirect/direct state is remembered when JIT is switched off and later restored when JIT is switched back on (uae-configuration etc..)
- inhibit "no disk" Windows dialogs when connecting some USB memory card readers without media
- do not add disk images to disk history if they are inside archive that was mounted as a harddrive
- fixed infinite archive recursion introduced in previous betas
- magic mouse automatic mouse capture didn't work reliably (160b7)
- Ports/About GUI icons and file association icons updated (JW)
- language identifier changed to english, neutral (was english, US)
Old 17 June 2009, 22:12   #49
Photon

Did some testing with 1.4.6, 1.6.0, and 1.6.1b5.

The difference in 1.6.1b5, using "winuae.exe -gfx_backbuffers=0", can be seen on boot - in the white stage (for me) you can see two black stripes flickering briefly, whereas in earlier versions that lack the single buffer command-line option, the screen is a constant white.

I'm not such a ninja that I can tell the difference of the 1px/frame scroll in Giana Sisters, though. Seems it tears like a mofo in each version, vsync on/off makes no diff.

Also, I noted a difference using the same config (manually created from the same Quickstart in all 3 versions, no copying of configs) of the mouse cursor in CLI.

I first tested out the "optimum" config in 1.4.6. The setting I found that definitely decreased lag is Fullscreen+Vsync (in Display tab), with (100Hz PAL). I did this together with setting the filter to DirectX (and changing nothing else, so Point 16-bit, scaled to whatever is default in the misc. versions), so it could be either of those.

If it's vsync on, it feels strange to me. After all, syncing (even though it's on LCD and not CRT@50Hz) normally incurs a buffer. But Fullscreen+vsync off was definitely laggier than Fullscreen+vsync on, on my LCD (Dell Ultrasharp 27"). Gfx card vsync setting is set to "application controlled".

So, the mouse pointer got zippier in beta 5 with single buffer and that same config.

In Pinball Dreams, it seemed there was a bit of lag in the flippers, whether it's in the software or the emu I can't decide.

Tried to compare keys vs joystick in Gravity-Force (shift vs fire, to see if there was bigger lag on "keyboard state" vs "joy button state"), again, perhaps a lag difference vs joystick, maybe not. Can't decide.

Anyway, I think the display lag is as close as can be with single buffer, and with my DVI cable and running in native resolution, I'm pretty sure there's no input lag of the screen, like scaling or analog-to-digital crap).

At the other end is specifically the whine about keyboard controlled games, curiously. About Gravity-Force from me and Pinball Dreams from others (don't wanna click Back as I type this to check who it was :P).

Since probably in all games keyboard and joystick state is checked at Vblank, perhaps the state of the keyboard (when the emulation reaches Vblank) is not as recent or "fresh" as the joystick state? If the timing is unlucky, I guess the state could be a "lie" of the true state for up to 1/50 second extra?

If there is a way to fetch "true honest to God current state" on some poll detection (register access in the Amiga code, that is), I guess that would solve it; or perhaps simpler to beef up the DirectInput irq to 500Hz or so, so that you have an at least fairly recent state. (I've no idea how it's implemented; just guessing here... )

My keyboard is PS/2 connected straight into the motherboard, so there should be an irq the microsecond* a key switch changes state. Typing in Windoze feels more responsive than in Asm-One.

3 configs attached.
Attached Files
File Type: zip Configurations.zip (9.4 KB, 238 views)

Last edited by Photon; 17 June 2009 at 22:29.
Old 17 June 2009, 22:24   #50
Photon

Separate beta 5 bug report: Before fullscreen emulation is started, alt+tab works fine. In emulation, alt+tab works fine. If I go into the app window with F12 after emulation is started, pressing alt+tab replaces the screen that was filled full of Amiga graphics with black pixels, with the app window always in view, regardless of how many times I alt+tab. (I.e. "can't switch programs after F12")

Clicking the programs in the task bar manually makes no difference, and I can't "Windows+D"+"F5" to redraw the desktop.

It's the same for beta 5 with no commandline options and beta 5 with -gfx_backbuffers=0.

Config + bootlog attached.
Attached Files
File Type: zip ConfigurationAndBootlog.zip (6.8 KB, 209 views)
Old 18 June 2009, 06:26   #51
UncleSpam

Postscript (passthrough)

I'm noticing that when selecting IO Ports --> Type option, the Postscript (passthrough) option cannot be selected. The regular passthrough method works, however.

This seems to be an issue with both 1.6.0 and 1.6.1beta.

I did not notice this issue until I tried to print some documents on my PostScript printer.

- Bogdan
Old 18 June 2009, 07:18   #52
alanwall

Error messages

Hi Toni, I am using beta 4 and tonite I was playing an Electric sheep avi and got
an error message-see attached error.png-so I looked at the *.dmp and did not have one ? I then looked at the other txt file and noticed several errors messages. I then set winuae to save the log and started AmiKit.looking at that log file I noticed several in it ?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	error.png
Views:	260
Size:	63.8 KB
ID:	21818  
Attached Files
File Type: txt winuaebootlog.txt (13.0 KB, 520 views)
File Type: txt winuaelog.txt (40.6 KB, 209 views)
Old 18 June 2009, 08:00   #53
Hobbe

3ddemo2.lha doesn't crash b5

Out of curiosity, which of the listed changes corresponds to the fix?
Old 18 June 2009, 09:26   #54
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hobbe View Post
3ddemo2.lha doesn't crash b5

Out of curiosity, which of the listed changes corresponds to the fix?
infinite recursion fix

Quote:
Originally Posted by alanwall View Post
Hi Toni, I am using beta 4 and tonite I was playing an Electric sheep avi and got
an error message-see attached error.png-so I looked at the *.dmp and did not have one ? I then looked at the other txt file and noticed several errors messages. I then set winuae to save the log and started AmiKit.looking at that log file I noticed several in it ?
That means JIT got totally confused. Try without 68060 (it isn't fully supported configuration anyway)

Messagebox has yet another unicode problem but it is only visual problem

Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleSpam View Post
I'm noticing that when selecting IO Ports --> Type option, the Postscript (passthrough) option cannot be selected. The regular passthrough method works, however.
Confirmed.
Old 18 June 2009, 11:05   #55
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

1.6.1 released -> closed.